English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    sorry i had to miss this :oops: things ran a little late at family dinner.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Ah! We were imaging you on a turkey killing spree @Tim Cannon
    Races were OK to me even tho we got some random annoyances... I've been kicked from the server 30 sec before the end of Quali with the good old hood view and sent back to MP lobby. So I started from 13th place and pushed to regain positions but I drove badly, my tires got cooked pretty soon and I spun (lol) 3 times... Dang me.
    I had some scratches and minor bumps with Lazo during the race and was really tough to overtake him: very good defense. So much adrenaline there!
    Finished 9th then during Race two I had the chance to lead for a few laps after Lazo went wide but again I made an error and sent back behind MeMotS Magnus and Lazorenko. @Sector3 then the weirdness happened. Lazo was ahead of me like ~0.5, then he disappeared, then I saw a red arrow in the sand at T3 and I thought was him and that I hit him, but his timer was still showing him ahead of me. Then all of a sudden his arrow was gone from the minimap and his timer was indicating he was ~1.5 ahead of me! Then he came back showing +0.4. I was really confused and afraid of ramming him out of track (which probably happened?). Memots had a weird glitch too. He said that game sort of lagged a second and then he found himself ahead of Magnus (who was leading).
    Well I hope that with the new patch releasing next week some of the bug fixes are going to improve the stability of the dedi servers and their connection... It's really frustrating to drive like this, blindfolded.
    And on top of this the dsq for James after not displaying the drive thru message... Ugh...
    Anyway race 02 was better tire conservation for me and overall I drove better. Sad that a bunch of us were missing, would have been really closely fought... Oh well, we'll see what happens on Zandvoort!
    Congrats again Meatballs Mates! Yummy podium we got! :)

3. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Oh.. And no race 01 replay sadly... Spectator mode was off so we didn't record it... Tried to use the regular replay but it was full of glitches (I reported under the support sub-forum)... :(
    Don't know how it went with the second race Mart?

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    What sort of show you guys running here? :p

Position wise I had a good night...BUT there were far less racer on the grid. So, thank you Turkey day in Canada and other events keeping people away - otherwise I would probably be at the end of the midpack. I was able to put up some good times in qually so that was nice. Don't really remember what time I qualified with, but I got 6th and was real close to the two ahead of me. I had a bad start in Race 1, but somehow managed to to stay close to the pack as I got in alignment. the midway point of race one the connection seemed to go really odd and I had bobby behind me jumping about so that was not good. I ended up letting him by as he closed in to avoid any incident. After that I put some really good laps in and caught back up to bobby and the connection seemed fine again.

The second race I was a bit of a disaster for the first 3-4 laps. Apologies to @chrisnj for, not ONE, but TWO chicane bumps...I should get some sort of penalty for being that stupid. Can I report myself? After that I felt I put in some really good laps in spurts. I would do enough to catch up to Pual Hance and @::SKRO:: and then completely mess up, claw back with fast laps.....then mess up.

All in all I did quite well. Two 5th position finishes in the Ruf, ha! ....coupled with the fact I am not that good!

I don't know what to say about the internet/server connection.....it was like the internet as a whole was hosed up or something. seemed like a lot of the P2P connections were messed up.

EDIT : Ohh lots of fun as well...intense track.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I recorded race 2, but I'll spare you the technical my seconday computer I use was bogged down and slow, tried to record with frap you cut down the frame per second to almost nothing. So yes we have race 2 but it's not very smooth.
    I'll upload shortly.

6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    your avatar is failing... :p

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ohhh, what sort of tires numbers were people ended up with, out of curiosity?

8. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Race 01: 94-95/96
    Race 02: 97/97

9. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    R1 97all

R2 95 96/ 95 96

Literally drove the tires off trying to catch the pack. Should have settled down and been smooth instead.

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I think in both races I had a FL of 95/94%....the rest were 96/97

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    OK done
    Better late than never.
    Like i mentioned the frame per second is not great but it was a last second loading between race 1 and 2.

Race 2 @ Zolder Director view ( Crap fps )

• Like Like x 4
  12. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    iTS NOT ROUND 4... its Round 5... On youtube

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I'll correct it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    First race i gambled whit a pit stop. It was not so good strategy. 2 race i was rely trying to not overheat back tires so i could finish without spin off. I had in the end 97% front and back left 94% right 96%.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I think Zanvoort is going to be harder on the tires. I did a 20 minutes race last night. FR95 , rest was 96. Now imagine 35 minutes !!

16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ahhhh, that's what happened to you.

17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    ...and this is where my wheel gets Mike-Tysoned 90% of times.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Can you elaborate a bit more on the pit stop and how much it hurt you? Is there any time where it would be a good decision in a 35 min race? I know I destroyed my tires early in race 2 and after spinning out(going to 9th) I considered it. However I didn't think it would help enough to make it worth while.

19. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Well a pit stop will take about 20+ seconds roughly, with the pit lane travel etc... would that be accurate?

IMO the delta for it to work in our races is not enough, typically one is only losing about ~1 seconds a lap on worn tires halfway through the race. Last race I COULD get a 1:29.8 lap with very worn tires.

I think the issue is with tire wear, I can still get good times when they are 95%...granted it is more difficult. S3 does say 95 is the drop off point, though so maybe after that it would be a massive drop off, but anyone who pits in a race seems to have too much time to make up, I have not seen it work in any race that does not have mandatory pit stops. Plus you have to pass a lot of people.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I agree.
    This Champ format I picked puts more emphasis on tire conservation, versus having the necessity to go pitstops (since the game is still not bug-free I didn't also want to take any risk). We would have needed a 4x tirewear to go to pits, or 3x but with longer Race sessions.
    Also, it kinds of bother me that we can't refuel yet adding more to the strategy part... so... meh.

• Like Like x 1