English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    DE PROXIMO CERTAMINE (about upcoming duel)

Good day/morning/evening/night folks!
    As 99% of people has got already what's twirling in my sick mind, we'll be hosting a GT3 Champ in a few weeks.
    New physic overhaul, new juicy liveries... it'd be foolishness not to jump in there right-away! :D
    This time tho, I'd like to do a more strategic champ, so yes: we're gonna use the pits.
    Now, originally I was trying to think about how to make a Blancpain champ format, with driver swap.
    Rookies would have started first in Race 01 and then driver-swapped with the Pros, but I was having hard time to find out HOW to handle that switch.
    @Tim Cannon came from above with an enlightening solution: Rookies would do Race 01 and the outcome determined the starting positions for their Pros teammate in Race 02. WONDERFUL!
    ...only problem that he also brought to the table was... we need 48 drivers to run this sort of thing! It'd be awesome but almost impossible that noone will never miss a race during the Champ.
    Another issue is: how we determine Rookies from Pros? Not having a rating system yet doesn't help.
    So yeah, back on Earth... :(
    Now, aside having the following features in our races
    • Tyre wear On (it's likely gonna be 4x if we do short sessions or 3x if we do a long one)
    • Mechanical damage On
    • Damage Model Realistic
    • Mandatory Pitstops (we're probably not using the ADAC ruleset, as it's not compatible with other classes, so this must be done manually) with tyre change / mech repair
    • Cut Rules enabled with Drive-Thru
    • Wrecker protection enabled
    • Full flag rules (LoL I wish!)
    • Formation Lap / Reverse Grid
    I'd like to ask you what do you think about these two options:
    1 SINGLE LONG RACE (45min) > Tyre wear is gonna be 3x (+ Form Lap)
    2 STANDARD RACES (30min) > Tyre wear is gonna be 4x (+ Reverse Grid and Form Lap)

We all agree (?) short races are more interesting in terms of duels and adrenaline rush but on the other hand a single long race is very risky as you won't have another "chance" to do better... so it might be less interesting in terms of close fights (probably not, cause of GT3 specs) but it will more tense on the drivers as one error means sayonara!
    So yeah, I wanted to check with you if you liked the idea of getting some variation on the theme now that this Champ is over and we're preparing the next one.
    Also, if you have anything special/interesting in mind please post it and we'll decide together.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As JF recently teased with surprising screenshots about Refueling options, this new upcoming feature might render worth it to wait until they've deployed it (?) so we can have very interesting choices that can be made during our strategy planning.
    It might (most likely) come at a very late stage tho so we could had to wait for a long time... but anyway... let's think about this variable as we proceed.

Bottom of the to-do list (easier) is tracks selection
    Here's the usual poll so you can vote and re-vote and we can discuss about this upcoming new Season
    Edit: here the current results

Have a good rest of your day!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I would go for 1 single long race 40 mins. along with everything else you said.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I like long races, the longer the better. But with normal tyre wear.

Edit: Oh. one thing. I wish we could vote for layouts once the tracks are selected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i like that idea also.

so you're gonna join the next champ, eh? oh goody :oops::rolleyes:

congratulations, BTW. nicely done :)

6. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah, ive been waiting for the updated cars to be introduced to the public. Besides we've always had better racing in the GT3 cars. But thank you...

I will take this moment to say thanks to Emilio and Memots for organizing this, I would like to thank my agent, thrustmaster and Fanatec for there great products and last but not least Seans Mom, for all her support ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i still think this is possible as a one time event. we could do it with as little as 30 drivers. 15 is a decent grid, but more would be better, obviously. and forget about the rankings, just let ppl pick their own teams. sure, there's bound to be some very uneven teams, but that would make for entertaining racing. if it was an open event for anybody to join, and run on a saturday afternoon, i think we could get a good turn out. and once ppl experience the friendly ESR atmosphere, we might even draw more ppl to the next championship.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I think team done at random was fun. But of course i would love to choose my teammate, i would pick one that i had during the champ that just ended.

But i would also vote to have James and Sean together so we can get a fill of mom jokes for the whole championship :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    We could definitely use a nice grid girl

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Tracks layout can be decided collectively no problem at all!
    Regarding the regular tire wear I'm afraid it'd be a bit too low in order to feel anything... 3x on 45 min race should be basically what we've experienced so far + a single pit stop... and a second warfare during the last 15 min ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I agree, having it on normal would negate the use of a pitstop since you could go a race distance on a single set.

12. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    We'll try to organize that man!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I think Sean's Mom is a lovely candidate.

I'm most definitely down for the next season. As far as the options, I'll throw my $0.02 in once I get some sleep and recover from the jetlag.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of 2 Divisions, Pro's & Rookies in teams.
    I think it has merit as it puts the "not so fast" rookies (like me) in their own event we're with a bit of team help they can learn some racecraft at the pointy end, and they may get a shot at a race win, as well as add valuable team points. After all, winning is one of the reasons we race.
    As far as working out who's rooky & who's pro goes, I think the setting of a benchmark time, based on the quickest time that say for example @James Nance can do on an easy track, then add 1 to1.5 sec?, if you beat that time your in Pro Division (ESR-P) ;), if you don't it's Rookie Division (ESR-R) :p.
    If the server fills up, then a separate server could be run for each division.

Just a thought :)

15. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    If you decide rating based on time, i hope we use Mid Ohio...... Ill get the bottom spot in rookie for sure;p I felt like my line on Mid Ohio was just dangerous.... Great racing there none the less. Had a great time chasing Lazorenko at the end of race 1. Had some real adrenaline. ;p

16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Keep up the good work guys... always fun to watch the races and read your discussions... would love to participate in your new series but unfortunatly I wouldn't find the time for it...

• Like Like x 3
  17. chrisnj

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear.... we have a James Nance fan I am sure :eek:;););)

As I have told some of the guys here, my grandmother absolutely loves watching the replays lol. She will watch each one 2 or 3 times to be sure she doesnt miss anything haha. Good to see someone other than my grandmother is getting use out of our race replays!;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe no - I always keeps the fingers crossed for Tim, but james alway destroyes my expectations :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. chrisnj

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Im a pretty big Tim fan myself ;p

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    sorry I missed Saturday night - my better half had plans for me volunteering at a fright night and I only was informed around 5pm - she says she told me weeks ago....she is probably right.:confused:

Thanks for organizing this guys - I know its a PIA at times - I used to organize these types of events in the DOD days.

Sorry I missed the majority of the races but life got in the way. And when I was there I was basically a rolling chicane anyways :oops:

I hope to join again next season if I can get a bit faster.

Mike

• Like Like x 1