Feb 4th Update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcoxphoto, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I tried the R52 but even with 80% brake power, it's hard not to lock the brakes.

2. WCR-jv27

WCR-jv27 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So go.... Most people here own every sim so I don't know who you're talking to.

3. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I onky own R3E ;).

4. WCR-jv27

WCR-jv27 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I love how you think you got me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You can also push the balance back and reduce braking sensitivity in the control settings menu or just practise cadence braking.

6. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Well, the car feels too unstable under braking with the balance pushed to the rear, even if I like to enter the turns with a slight oversteer.

7. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The decision to remove factory ABS is all the stranger considering both cars are imaginary vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i have to admit , yes the car has changed radically , and now its harder to drive but for the first time ever i actually like it , i have to drive it , it isnt stuck to the road like i was being babysat through every turn , i cant just smash the throttle and the brake and have some unrealistic result .
    i understand you may not appreceate the change , but learn the car , dont base it on hat you want base it on what you have
    ps , im faster in it now than i was ever before

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Bye!

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I own pretty much every sim including euro truck 2. Raceroom and Euro Truck 2 are my go to fun. The rest are collecting digital dust.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    With respect Andi, my main point is that these are entry level cars, and as such should have driver aids on as standard and definitely shouldn`t have been made harder to drive.
    There`s a reason the the real GT3 series cars have those aids, which is at least partially to make them easier to drive for the amateur drivers.
    I suggest that one of the reasons they`re so popular in sims is that they`re easier to drive than cars with no ABS/TC.
    It doesn`t really make any diference to me, as I was only driving them in the JustRace server, so I `ll just deregister for those and stick with the GT3 server.
    It`s just a bit of an irritation is all.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

i know the devs are listening , i doubt anything is set in stone , so we may see a change if they see that ppl really are angry ...

Andi

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s common sense to have both factory ABS and TC as these are free entry level cars to the game. These are the carrots to get people hooked and buy content - at least that´s what happened in my case. If they are crashing all the time because they can´t manage the brakes then they may not persist with the game.

I understand the team wants to sell the new tyre wear modelling and the move towards more sim like realism but that should not be pushed on people either. At least give them the option to have the factory aids or not, especially as you can´t always have the full assists on in multiplayer mode.

There are a whole load of cars with no factory assists to drive once a player is more experienced and the FRJ car is an example of how very few free 2 play players drive the car in multiplayer races.

It would be perfectly possible to create a ranked official server room for silhouettes with no assists allowed for the more hardcore players but please consider the new and less experienced players too as we need them in the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    That's not a problem to drive a car without TC or ABS; the Formula Raceroom Junior doesn't have them and it's fun to drive.

We just need to learn how to drive these new cars but please, when you modify the physics of a car or a class, erase the leaderboards entries if you want the hotlappers to use them! (just like you did before the december 2019 update).

When the pre-update laptimes are kept, we can sometimes see gaps up to 10 seconds (as for the Touring Classics) between old and new generations cars and it's a shame because nobody wants to see a ghost car going faster without any fair reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andrew Dee

Andrew Dee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I'd say the physics changes to the silhouette cars are pretty large. Any chance of resetting the leaderboards? Whether new times are faster or slower, comparing between the pre and post update times doesn't give a true picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Just did the uodate last night and i will do more testing today if time permits but

I am getting micro stuttering on tracks where it didnt prior the update.

Also the flat tyre feature seems to not be there anymore but maybe thats me

since there is no warning or status indicator its just about feeling in the wheel and i might just be used to it since december when it was introduced

I am super sensitive to stuttering and screen tearing so thats really the thing bothering me right now

17. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    After reading all these complaints about the new silhouettes i just gave the r51 5 laps around most and didnt have any issues at all with the default setup (so 100% brake pressure) and tc turned off. The car felt completely planted to me which is quite the contrast to what ive read on here :D. Only when i started to push the car more than i should when having almost no experience driving it did i manage to lock the brakes once but even that hardly caused any trouble nor did it cost much time

• Like Like x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I see a request from a dev, to show, what is going on, when driving it (a video recording/capturing for example) and i see nothing in answer to that...can someone finally make a recording of what you guys mean about the behaviour of the silhouette cars? :D

I'm grounded in "not much driving land", because i had to RMA my main wheel and still have to whait. I would give it a shot by myself, but can't do it...grrr...

Show, don't tell, we could go full moviemaking now, people! :p

19. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Prior to the latest update rarely I was taking Silhouettes for some short online race. If I had to describe its feeling with one word, it'd be a "rubber". Like both sides of my wheel had rubber straps mounted, and Mr.Forcefeedback was pulling one of them, depending on which turn I was trying to make.

And after the update... I still think of it the same way :p Seriously, for me the change wasn't that huge, it feels somehow quite the same, though a bit harder to control (especially without ABS).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    About the new patch update:
    Finally, back home and managed to test a few cars like Silhouettes, Gtr2 and Gtr3... I find it a bit more like tyre communicative and less steering stiffness. Instead of going through another round of FFB tweaking roller coaster, simply adding +0.5% of friction in simucube1 under filters on ioni drive did the trick and got my preferred ffb feel back again.

• Like Like x 1