Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    When they worked on the Audi there seems to be in intention to do a TCR-Class. So the Leon and the Golf would be two options that already existed in that time. The Alfa, too - but due to some possible problems with licensing I would leave that aside for now. I'd guess the development of those cars had already started some time ago, before WTCR existed.

The Honda, Peugeot and Hundai are new cars that for sure must be done from scratch and I guess they are busy working on them at the moment. If I remember right, J-F mentioned that the development of a car took about 3 month but they are working on cars parallel as model, physics, sound and livery-design are all different tasks done by different team-members.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No use denying that some releases took longer than they should have in the past, but you also shouldn't neglect the reasons for those delays. In the case of the GT3 cars it was that massive physics overhaul everyone seems to enjoy.
    So that didn't mean creating 3 new cars, that meant creating 3 new cars plus applying the changed physics to all 15 cars that already existed in the class plus then bop'ing all those 18 (19) cars to a somewhat competitive level. The cars could have been released earlier, but then the class would have made no sense, so there really was no other option but delaying the release.
    Here however that is not the case. It's a fresh start with a new class, so things shouldn't take quite as long. I mean, they announced WTCR and released the first car at the same time. Progress. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    But the new Honda made his track debut already in October 2017 and the devs probably start building the cars using placeholders (old model).

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Count me in as one interested in the TCR carset (official or otherwise) but zero interest in the online competition. Will be checking back shortly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I keep crashing when I try to get into the contest. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a support ticket to be looked at?

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried verifying your steam cache files? (Maybe also try deleting the game's executable (RRRE.exe) before starting the verification.)
    As it's the Easter weekend pretty much everywhere in Europe I'm afraid your ticket won't be processed until next week... :/

7. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I just did the verify last, but I'll try again to see what happens.

8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I really hope we will get the full grid of the WTCR with all 7 manufacturers. I always wanted TCRs in a racing game, R3E seemed like it will be my TCR game of choice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hoping for the full grid aswell and really looking forward to this, eventhough I'd have really loved to see Opel in there. As it is now, there's a tad too much VW and affiliates in the series for my taste...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good morning, I was wondering if the amount paid for the wtcr championship is worth for all three steps or just for the first one? Thank you.

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It is just for the first one.

12. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    OK, you have to pay to "rent" the Audi TCR for the Leaderboard competition. Do you also have to own or buy the tracks that each phase of the competition is run on?

13. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller can you help me, what does it mean if I have a free ticket from last years WTCC leaderboard? Anyone can enter who visits the event so what does our ticket do? Thank you very much.

14. Jacinto Patricio

Jacinto Patricio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread
    I´m am competing in the new WTCR Leaderboard and i am experiencing the same problem that i had before in the EWtcc Leaderboards:
    When i am making a faster or slower lap, in the Motec of my car appears the time difference and a lot of times i am in the green zone up until the end of the lap and it doesn't count the new time.
    sometimes i am gaining 0,4 or even more and nothing appens to my time or position.
    does anibody experience this now or before?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    No, you do not have to own them.

One ticket = one free 10 minute leaderboard session.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ohh, I see, thank you Robert, and also Happy Easter to you and to everyone who reads this. :) One last question: default setup at the finals means only the saturday races? So cars can be tuned during the 2 leaderboard days? Thank you. :)

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The delta always calculates the difference to your best time in the current session. So if you leave the session and start a new session later, your best time on the leaderboard is not the delta time anymore.

18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    No, all the sessions at the Nürburgring will be run on default setup (the only change to the current default setup will be, that the steering will be set to 540/20. I am not sure if brake bias is changeable on the wheel, I need to test that and will give you an answer).
    Happy holidays to you too! Are you considering coming to the Nürburgring? I heard from quite a few guys from Hungary now that they are interested, maybe it could make sense to connect you.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is great news, thank you. Yes I am considering and actually in contact with a few guys about the trip. Hope to see you guys there! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    • Like x 16
    • Winner x 3
    • Love it! x 3
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018