Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Karsten. I had a (somewhat random) play around with fuel levels and setup changes last night and they did make a major difference to how bonkers the Capri was. I didn't drive any clean laps so I've no idea if it made it faster, but it certainly made it more exciting (terrifying).

For me, I think the G5 changes are fan-bloody-tastic, and the online racing at Speilburg last night was utterly brilliant

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can I have crewchief saying that about my driving?

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    My impression is that video linked by Roman TRT is evidence the physics are extremely well tuned & realistic. Excellent work Karsten ! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    you could have, if you'd addressed me in the proper manner. I'll add one next time I'm recording but unless you've improved from the last time I kicked your arse, I doubt you'd hear it very often ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Karsten Borchers for clarifying a few things.

That might explain that can't agree with some comments that the Gr.5-Cars are much easier to drive. I haven't tried them all now so I can't make a general statement on it. I've drivin the Vette, which is definitely more difficult now, and the BMW. On the BMW I can agree that it might be a bit easier on corner-exits, as the Turbo-Lag is a bit bigger than before. I guess that helps many us, when going back on throttle after mid-corner.
    But if you are a bit to early on throttle or gave to much on throttle, it is (at least for me) as tricky as it was before.

6. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Is it really necessary to share a video with a fatal accident? o_O

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Unfair, I'm there testing stuff, tyre temps under spinning, collision code, etc. It's all normal!

Also joke aside, my home PC is dying. 100% HDD activity during gameplay, horrible performance, I need to change it and then we speak again about my performance, sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea yea, the old "I just joined to test some stuff" excuse...Been there, far too often. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I do test my stuff too from time to time you know, even it if might seem otherwise. Cheeky

10. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    No, but is the only video I Know that this happens if you know some other I would be glad to hear

11. Mighty_Hotte

Mighty_Hotte New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That was not the only one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Thank for your video as I said it was the only video I KNEW

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I own only the Fabcar from this category, but I tried it and the steering has become much more direct/less floaty, I like that, but on the other hand it is easier to drive it, you can be much less cautious with the throttle out of the corners, but still, a fun car to drive.

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I spent an hour racing the AI at sachsenring in the Capri and, wow
    Just wow.

I loosened the car up quite a lot - no rear toe in, more front camber, softer front spring and arb, stiffer rear, less wing and less fuel. This removes all the mid corner understeer and when the turbo kicks in the transition to oversteer is much more manageable cos you have much less steering lock on. The car is also faster and more exciting to drive.

The left hander before the bridge is a great place to get to understand the effect of setup tweaks - plenty of time to feel the effect of the turbo on the car's yaw.

The AI also put up a great fight :)

Gotta say, the new physics on these is fab. The way they respond to setup changes seems spot on - definitely worth spending a few minutes fiddling around cos the defaults are just a little too safe IMO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I was driving Fabcar there yesterday. The section from bridge to backstraight was kinda scary with this car. I mean, tail was doing it's own business over the bumps and curbs there. Sector 1 is a bit annoying with that amount of understeer tho.

I wonder how AI managed to put Corvette in Top5 there, tho :D

BTW.
    We need Sebring for these cars :cool:

16. rubenforos

rubenforos Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    All the updates on R3E are better than previous, and a lot more detailed on wheel, I have many gr5 cars but my favorite is a Corvette, I think this update is a great update in general, wheel feels more detailed (t500rs) and I love the long brake point on corvette, really anticipated than before (like a train). But, I miss a bit more raw reactions on this category, I know, more raw or more dificult physics is no more realistic, but in this group raw and a bit violent, is the expected. But I repeat, the update is a really great update in general!!! The only point is this... sorry for my poor English, I don't know explain me very well...
    RaceRoom at this moment is for me the most exciting sim on market. Perfect work S3S

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I've done that in the old Capri Ghia, don't half muck your race up!

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    A bad workman blames his tools! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for pointing this out!!
    I now tested the Capri in race session, and also noticed that it was fueled up with 110 litres, changing that to 35L made a great difference both in acceleration and the kick out of corners! :) :kissingheart:

However it seems that the gear box is way to unsensitive, before the update I had to blipp the throttle when down shifting, would love to get that back! o_O (and please make a damage multiplier for the ones that want more excitement) ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I don't know if the cars are more "realistic" than before, but after testing them last night, I must admit that they have loosen all the charm they had :oops: . We are a lot that loved the Group. 5 class because they was "tricky", more than the GTO, but now they are just "easier", we can do a lot of driving errors without being sanctioned... It's a bit caricatural, but now it's more like GT3 with great amount of power, and it's more tricky for me with WTCC 2015 on the Nordschleife than with those beasts o_O... There is less pleasure... of course I don't want artificial difficulty, if I want that I play to other simu ;) , but I think they was just "perfect" before the update, and we enjoyed them on last sunday, last night it was a bit boring after playing with the GTOs.

Usually I like your improvements to the game, but I'm a bit disappointed with this Group.5 update, that was one of my favorites classes, they was wonderful, and now I find them "just good" :(...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016