Released GTR 3 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 24, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Your mind is as sharp as a razor blade.:D

2. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Any possibility that R3E will become a program that launches from your harddrive instead of the web? I was trying to load R3E last night so I could enjoy the new GTR3 pack I had just bought and I got a notice that stated the R3E website was down for maintenance.

I am handicapped and cannot race online anymore and would really like an offline option to play what I paid for whenever I want. Is that a possibility?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    A wise man once told me: "With enough alcohol anything is possible." ;)

Trying hard not to be a nitpick....ergh...no use: The games does launch from your drive, it only needs to connect to the servers to verify that it's genuine, download ghost data etc pp.

But I know what you mean, and the decision to have an always online game was made a long time ago, for several sound reasons, piracy protection being one of them. But you're not alone in asking for offline usability and @Sonat Ozturk said in some interview a while ago that they are looking into ways of "adding some offline functionality". Whatever that means and whenever that might happen, they are aware of the topic and if there's a way to do this without giving up all file protection, I'm sure they'll add it eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    My point exactly. :p

What I meant was, that if you buy a car with one livery separately, you've already paid like 100-150 vrp more for the car alone, than you would pay for the car with all liveries when buying the pack.

The retail price for a car with one livery is like 249 or 299 vrp, and the "pack price" per car with all liveries is 154 vrp. So I think it would be fair if you then got the rest of the liveries for that car "almost for free" when buying the pack, because you will end up paying more in any case. And there will be no shortcuts - the absolutely cheapest way would and should always be to buy the entire pack.

I'm not looking to rip anyone off. When I've spent one gazillion vrps on my rig, spending a couple more thousand on good software content doesn't bother me much. Paying more for buying separately is of course fair and square, but only to a certain extent. When I've spent 3000+ vrp on GT3 cars already, and then having to spend an additional 1200 vrp for two cars and the missing liveries, I ended up paying 4200+ vrp for the pack, which I think is a bit too much.

"Pack discount - 150 vrp for each car, get the liveries almost for free". :)

Edit: The problem is perhaps that the liveries are a bit overpriced in the first place...

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  6. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    There are some liveries around which are not available in the store, yes. But they ain't new.

7. coolcool

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Thank you ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    What the Fika is a Fika?

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cheers bud, wouldnt have been too hard to put 4 letters into google myself :)
    When the blonde moments come they come pretty big, lol.

11. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian for your very informative input on my question. :)
    I have had a battle with cancer that has left me very weak and tired most the time. So holding to a schedule of online races or a schedule for ANYTHING is virtually impossible for me these days.

I used to race online frequently at CMS (Champion Motorsports) back before the cancer and had great fun with the awesome David Anderson, Bailey Lagstrum (who races here and is a great friend of mine), Nick Newcombe (also a super guy) and many other fellers too many to name. And before that, I raced with Jack Wilson and the boys on ARCA oval tracks.

I am so hoping that S3S will put something together and as you stated, they may be working on something in that regard now. I love racing R3E and only have a couple of things on my wishlist; offline launching capability being one of them. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    How I see it is there's a free way into the Sim, there's a relatively inexpensive way (1 car plus 1 Livery) or there's my way, buy it, race it, write it off and move onto the next beauty in my full to brimming garage, I like choice and expect to pay for that privilege, I very luckily own all content and paid a pretty price to do so (especially in the early days before I bulk bought Vrp) I have never been able to take the opportunity to benefit from sales as I always already own the content (only thing I got with GT3 pack was a couple liveries, still bought it o_O:oops::rolleyes::D) so in conclusion, maybe the hardcore Raceroomers the poor souls who've endured from the beginning, taken the slaggings from the community, driven undriveable cars on empty tracks, stood by and defended S3 to a volatile, dissatisfied Sim racing world might just see a little reward for loyalty in the form of perhaps a unique livery or maybe their real name on the car, just a thought! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. coolcool

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I own 10 of the 13 cars and get a price of 1240 vRP
    I thought that it was slightly large
    However, I just purchased it
    This is because I am a fan of GT3 CARS and SECTOR3 and Georg:cool:
    Please Audi TT RS VLN:p

14. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi !
    Can someone explaine me what is the Sector 3 problem with italian cars ?
    - No Ferrari : (458 GT2, 458 GT3, 488 GT3)
    - No Lamborghini : ( Gallardo GT3, Huracan GT3)
    I can't think I'm not the only gamer that would like to have them in RRRE.
    How can we imagine a simulation game without these cars ?

15. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It's not a problem from Sector3 with italian cars. It is more a problem with the italian manufacturers in giving there license to smaller Gaming-Studios...
    There is no doubt that Sector3 and Raceroom would like to have Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati or Alfa in R3E...

16. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Licensing costs I think - though I bet pretty much everyone here would buy most of the above, even if they cost more than the other cars!

Mind you there are GT3 cars from other nations missing too e.g. the British Aston Martin...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  17. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What about Assetto Corsa of Kunos Simulazioni ? they have Lamborghini and Ferrari. "I'm not talking about mods, just about the ingame original cars."
    Do you think they had a discount on licences because they're italian too ?

18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp... and Kunos was developing the official Ferrari-Simulator before... So there were connections to Ferrari already... And where Ferrari is, Lamborghini has to follow - italian tradition...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  19. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I also think Italian manufacturers licences are TOO expensive but when you want to build a real and credible simulation you don't have the choice, one day you have to pay.
    Look at the 2016 24H of Le Mans entry list in GT Class :
    - Aston Martin = 4
    - Chevrolet Corvette = 4
    - Ford GT = 4
    - Porsche 911 = 7
    - Ferrari 458 & 488 = 8
    Ferrari is the most represented car and they are not present in a game such as RRRE. More than that ; only 2 out of 5 are present in RRRE : Chevrolet and Porsche (RUF). It looks strange. Doesn't it ?
    Maybe Sector 3 could organise a "crowdfunding event" to gather money and they'll see...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Err, we have a Ford GT, two actually, just saying.
    I think it's not so much about the price, but the exclusivity. I'm almost certain that Kunos and Ferrari have a semi-exclusive deal, meaning that Kunos get the license at a very favourable price. Of course if Turn 10/Microsoft show up and crapshit Ferrari with money, they'll take it. But for all the smaller devs, the asking price is set in a way that gives Kunos quasi exclusivity.

• Agree Agree x 1