Released GTR 3 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 24, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    160 vRP vor me for 30 liveries I did not own yet. But there are many new liveries for the mustang and some for the p4/5, camaro, corvette and one new for the z4 if I'm not mistaken.
    98% discount..

so ok now I own everything of raceroom :-D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    A bit early to say about the new Mclaren and BMW, they are probably still in modelling stage so I hope there will be an update pack in the future where you top up the difference for the new cars.

4. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    every day!

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Liveries are important to me for replays.

6. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    1078 VRP alors que j'ai toutes les GT3 ???
    je sais pas si ont nous prends pas pour des vaches a lait sur ce coup :mad:

7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the pack. Took far too long to arrive but better late than never.

368 vRP for me to get the Glickenhaus and all the liveries I don't own. As this is the class I play the most...a no-brainer.

The Marc VDS Mustang will get a lot of my time from now on. The GT3 Mustang is actually a great car and has a lovely V8 muscle soundtrack.

I said this a few weeks ago. I can't see myself buying the ADAC GT content from now on, certainly not at full price anyway. The ADAC GT pack is good for the aficionados of the series but the GTR3 pack is more interesting and offers much better long-term value.

Just need the AI selector now to allow custom GTR3 grids.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    R3E is my fav sim, so this is just an honest question with no agenda:

Why does iRacing, Project CARS, and Assetto Corsa have the newest gen GT3 cars, but we usually have to wait a season? Is it because of licensing or because S3 is a smaller team, so just resource allocation?

I ask because I watch the Blancpain series and then I see videos on Youtube from other sim racers, and they have access to all of the newer cars, but we have to wait.

9. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :D

10. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom is one of the greatest racing simulators for PC available, BUT...

92,29$ for one class cars (13 cars amazing cars) is too much. Plus additional expenditures for all the Tracks and the price easily hits 150$+.

This price definitely scares newcomers...

For example, for FULL Assetto = 33$, for FULL Pcars = 20,29$ Game of the Year edition.

150 > 33 > 20,29

150 > 33 + 20,29

And still, after all this calculations and conclusions, I think, that RaceRoom better game than Assetto and of course better than Pcars, amazing how this half arcade could be called as simulator.

After all, “Price tag” feeling very important for newcomers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Hm. Unfortunately, I have to agree that the price doesn't seem fair for those of us who own much of the content already. I own all the cars but two, and a couple of liveries for most of them. The price for me is 1171 vrp - for two cars and the missing liveries. That's not too bad when compared to what it would cost me to buy all of this without any discounts at all.

But it just doesn't seem fair compared to the full pack price, and considering the amount of vrp I already spent on buying the stuff I already own. I would expect to be looking at like 500 vrp for the stuff I'm missing, so I was a bit surprised.

It all probably boils down to the fact that buying all the liveries for a car costs roughly twice the price of the car itself, and because of this, I don't actually own as much as I'd like to think. Anyway, it results in me feeling punished for having bought so much already. Which doesn't feel good.

The liveries in the pack should definately be more heavily discounted if you already own the car. That's my opinion on this.

If I owned nothing, 1999 vrp would be an insta-buy, but the way it appears to me now, it's just not very tempting. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yevgeny is talking about the regular price. 2000 is with 78 % discount deducted already. If you take that out it means the regular price would be 9090 vRP for the GTR3 pack.

That still wouldn't equal 90 $ depending on how you buy your vRP, but it is a lot, no arguing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, not arguing anything you say. The way I understand it is that some people dislike the logic behind having permanent discounts and I can partly understand their reasoning.

In the end it doesn't make a difference, stuff is and stays a lot cheaper than the regular single item store price indicates. But then you could say (and some do) why have these artificially high prices and artificial discounts applied permanently in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was lacking only liveries
    6 cents per livery, good deal. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    If I had joined today, I also would have missed 527 hours of driving one of the best race sims available.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not to forget the spirit embiggening conversations on this very forum. ^^

• Like Like x 4
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Don't know, if it's boon or bane. Hanging around here prevents me from driving.:mad:

18. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @gongo

This forum is a little different to most of the other official developer ones. The staff take a very chilled approach (no clamping down on negative opinions) and there's a good bunch of friendly, informed people here. It's a good place to be.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think this is one of the most off-topic topical forums ever, and I refuse to take any responsibility for that. :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  20. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Fixed.

• Funny Funny x 4