International [GTR3] 19.06.16 Sunday - Sachsenring (discussion)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Tarik Userli, May 24, 2016.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Try softening the roll bar on the front a bit, maybe increase the toe in a bit. This track the setup isnt a huge factor, more about learning how to approach the turns. I went to the leader board and clicked "challenge" on the best time, and that allows me to see how the fastest cars approaches every thing. Helped immensely.

2. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, to be honest, this wont help me.
    Thanks for youre effort but i know how to learn tracks, its just like the car is 2 tons heavy and doesnt want to turn quickly.
    I have understeer at every corner, every one, then oversteer at the exit.
    So, i think, its a set up thing. (Dead Front, super tail happy at low speed)

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  3. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nissan guy here, i have the 1:20.119 in the leaderboard. These are the only settings i've changed.

Ride height: F=7.0 B =7.3
    Wing=14
    Brake pressure=99
    Brake bias=59/41

Try using my ghost(if you haven't yet) to see if you can improve your time.

4. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks alot Soddyn, will try it as soon as possible.

5. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    What's your best time?

6. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Im doing 1:21s at the moment, so im 2 seconds of the "pole".
    So, will u tell me the same again? Watch faster guys to learn the track?
    Well guess what im trying, its just the car is not reacting quickly enough for me.

7. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    well id say you are only a second off the pace, because the 1:19 times are mostly in the high 1:19s. Thats not bad! When following the ghost cars, what corners do they pull away from you on? is it 5/6/7? if so maybe try lowering the front spring a couple of clicks

To tame the back you could try reducing the power in the differential, helps on turn exit. Or try and a different car haha :p , I find the BMW, Mercedes, Corvette, and Porsche are easier to tame on this track.

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    This track should be better for all of the lighter cars - Audi, BMW, Ford GT, RUF, McLaren, P4/5.

Looks like i need to do work on my laptime a bit :p

9. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I changed my rear wing to 4, use your traction control ingame.

10. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    To 4 ??? how can you keep the car on the rode !!!

11. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    It's possible, use your traction control :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the car. 4 on a mid-engined car like the Mclaren is ok - on a Nissan it is to low. It is better on 6 or a bit higher - depends on the Setup a bit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    To me, short str8 long fast sweeping corners, i would of expected a very low downforce to have a detrimental effect rather than a positive, i was using wing settings between 12 and 16 and getting low 1.21 average. Might have to give low settings a try. Would be interesting to know what the real life cars would typically use.

14. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, why would you want less downforce in a track like that? especially with the nissan which already understeers like crazy in the high speed corners. Might be a R3E thing, so i'll give it a try just to see how it drives.

15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's a matter of balance. If the rear end gets pushed down too hard the turning ability of the car suffers due to differential stiffness. If you have less downforce on the rear end tyres can slip and scrub easier making the front end more agile. The drawback of course is a loose back on the car. But if it was understeering before already you might not lose to much. And like @Tarik Userli said you can use traction control to regain some back end stability.

16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    To much downforce increases understeer in high speed corners...

17. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    as exmpl the Ford on Spa, drive wing 3-4 and you`re fast as hell but your car is a wet slippery b***.

18. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yep, i had it backwards, never mind.

"- If you have under steer in a fast corner (>120Km/h) try decreasing your rear wing
    - Over steer in a fast corner, try increasing your rear wing."

Did some quick testing and i was able to improve a tenth of my time with the wing settings at 6. I probably can take more once i get used to how the car drives.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    In the beginning of my RRE "Career" I also used way too much rearwing (specially DTM) and too much "attack" anyway but as Mike said it mostly depends on your technique, means the correct way of finding the right line, how you dive into the apex and accelerate out of it. Watching real fast drivers you may notice they drive very laid back, which might appear they don't push hard but nonetheless do (for a beginner or intermediate) "unbelieveable" times. If you concentrate on these basic points you'll automatically learn how to apply the right level of mechanical grip along with your personal preferences - and if you don't master it yet, you probably still need more time and it might be better to accept it this way for now , cause with too much ambition and aggression you'll end nowhere (= gravel :D) specially in the actual race.
    Just keep it calm....;)

20. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Is there somebody to supply a test server? I would like to test a bit since we have tire wear x2 and no opportunity to choose that setting in sp mode.

sth like: 1h race, 2xtire, normal fuel

• Love it! Love it! x 1