International [GTR3] 19.06.16 Sunday - Sachsenring (discussion)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Tarik Userli, May 24, 2016.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I.setting up a Server, tell.me what for settings you want.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Thänks!

- shortest traing and quali
    - 60min race
    - and I guess your settings for the race would be best

I just want to look how much fuel I have to carry for a stint and at what point the tires become uncomfortable to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Macaquinho

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Hmm maybe 5min training and 10min quali... otherwise it would be difficult to hit the time window :D

4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well I managed some laps but I'm shattered from doing a little too much running today (training for a half marathon in a few weeks so putting in the big distances now).

Sachsenring is my least favourite circuit and I just can't seem to get a single lap together round that place! lol

Anyway, #88 MP4-12 for me and I'll keep practising until I get it right but at the moment the car doesn't seem to want to turn at all.

5. Macaquinho

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    That's sad :(;)

6. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    hey man im going to do some laps in the practice server in about 1 hour, would you like to join? following me should help (im not that good but i can get clean laps in ) and i can follow you and tell you where you are losing time.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That's very kind of you my friend, but I work nights as well as my day job.

Today was my day off, so that was really my only chance to run some laps. Need to get some sleep otherwise I'll never make it to 1am tomorrow night! lol

Oh it's not a rant @Macaquinho it's a beautiful circuit it's just the constant radius corners drive me crazy, I was spinning almost every lap and I don't know why! haha.

I wonder if someone could confirm something for me? When I turn the steering wheel, the cockpit one follows about a second ot two afterwards, I was certain they were in sync before or am I imagining things??

8. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Im on a lot, so if you see me on the forums later, the offer still stands :) and my wheel in game syncs up perfectly for me

• Like Like x 1
  9. Macaquinho

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    The problem is... you are walking/running too much. Your feet aren't sensitive enough because you're using them in the wrong way :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to try something and see if there is any difference.

I treated myself to an Aorus laptop at the beginning of the year, great laptop (so far) can run everything on Ultra if I like with 40-50 cars no problem, although I usually just leave everything on high because there isn't much difference visually.

The issue could be this, the laptop is plugged into an old Pioneer Plasma screen and I have this horrible feeling that is why I've lost so much pace compared to using my old desktop pc (with a 60Hz monitor instead of a TV).

The plasma screen will only go up to 23hz at 1980x1080 and I'm wondering if the input lag and/or delay is making life very difficult for me! Hence the steering delay.

Before anyone mentions it, I am in the process of saving up for a new 4k TV (probably one of the LG OLED panels) but I'll try racing on the laptop screen itself to see if there is any difference. Something I haven't tried yet.

I've actually always been proud of the fact I'm a very smooth driver on sims, can save fuel and make tyres last much longer than other competitors but since the "upgrade" I've struggled badly.

I have fallen into the nasty habit of trying to carry too much speed into the corners though, something I need to sort out in my head (and my feet!:D)

May also be worth a try plugging the laptop into the Samsung TV in the living room, only a few years old so in theory should be better.

Normally I'm middle field type pace (with the occasional win) but recently I'm having trouble just getting on the back row of the grid.

11. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 Endurance Server os online. Qualifikation only

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  12. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Signed out,slot free

13. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  14. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well,i've came to the conclusion that i'm wasting my time with this track, maybe even with this series. Not sure about that yet.
    Seeing that the first seven drivers are in the 1:19s and i'm sure that will be like 10 to 15 drivers once we hit the 19th of June,with the rest being in the 1:20s. I'm even sure someone will come up with a 1:18 more sooner than later. The only real world race driver in the list is in the 1:21s ! But right now i would drop out of the field with a 1:21.1xx anyway, i'm not willing to change to a different car just for the times sake and start all over again. This has already consumed enough time with the car i'm already using. I really don't have any more motivation for a weeks long hotlaping contest. Nothing against training for an event but this is seriously crazy, week days i'm pretty f§$%ed when i get home from work and i want some fun on the weekends, not hourlong hotlap driving. I wasn't excited about Sachsenring anyway, since i think it is nothing but a go kart or motor bike track for sprint races. With 2 hours and 2x tire wear is going to be a big cramp, atleast for me. I was willing to give it a try as long as there was something like an even driving field, with groups of different skilled drivers, something for everyone racing. Not seeing that anymore now, and somehow the fun factor that it had zandvoort ,even with being almost last, is somehow completely gone. Maybe i will rejoin a later race, if i see any chance to hold a starting place in some grid.

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I understand where you're coming from mate. This is possibly the worst track for me to start with. I struggle badly on it (Portimao is probably my best). The nice thing about this series is you don't have to do all the races (correct me if I'm wrong Tarik) so if you want to pick and choose fair enough. Any extra car is always welcome in any league/series.

You do have a point though about times, I think I'm going to be between six and seven seconds a lap slower than the guys on this grid, so I will try and see how things go. If I make it great but I would imagine I'll be on my own for almost the whole race.

The trouble with any league (especially the ones on RD) are that racers who spend hours (and I mean hours and hours) doing 100's of laps, perfecting each individual setup, getting each individual bump right. In one league I was in there was a team of four cars and they did virtual testing! Seven days at a track, four hours at a time, completed 2000 laps between them. Hobbyists like myself who just want to race for some fun stand no chance. That's why I think some people who do club events on there, you will never see them in League events, it's just too competitive. I think that's what's happening here.

Like you I was hoping for a more even mix of drivers on this one, I'll try the first few events and see how it goes. My only concern at the moment is my ping, I haven't been able to do any races recently on RD using R3E because after three or four laps, everyone disappears and the timing goes crazy. My ping is fine and so is the server so unsure what the problem is but I'm willing to try and take part in this first round.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes you can drive each Single event, there are no restrictions.

Hm i understand what`s your Problem sascha but i can`t really agree with that. Yes the pre session is a Hotlapping session but in this time you learn how to drive the track, you can compare your time with others you can drove against the Ghost car or you can met others on my "GTR3 Endurance" Server to test how it is.
    I introduce the Laptime entry in my Entry list because of make that event interesting for everyone. In my last event there a few drivers with more then 2 minutes behind the 2nd (Oliver Kilian) and with introducing the Laptime entry now you see how is your chance against others.

But with this kind of events you can`t touch everyones mood but i hope you`re joining my next event or thought about your decision ;)

best regards,

Tarik

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your understanding Andrew and Tarik, i really wish and hope you will have loads of fun on this event. See i really do not want to talk anyone out of this race/series ... i'm just talking for myself here. People tend to make a science out of everything nowadays, spending crazy amount of time and effort on things that should be fun in the first place. You see that everywhere ... not just here. With that limited sparetime i have i'm not going to spend it on things that lack the fun or even piss me off, and that just happened here. See i worked yesterday till ten in the evening and got a night of sleep, woke up and thought i would do some training on Sachsenring ... i was in a good spirit, but after about 3 hours with no real progress i started to ask myself "what for am i doing this ?". I'm afraid you will loose more and more casual drivers on each event and gain more of the pros, maybe that's a good thing in the end, i don't know ... but surely no place for people like me.

18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    No i don`t think that only pros join my event. That`s what i don`t want. I want a mixed field with good or less good drivers and thats the reason why im drop the regular prize selection (1,3,7,14,21) to a Lottery system. I think most of the real pros are disappointed about that and thats the reason why they not join any of my events now, but it`s ok^^

But i don`t want to change your opinion, your decision ;)

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Frustration with Lausitzring is very common even the majority of VRTM drivers (my last DTM league race) was anything else than pleased about it, a typical "love or hate" track with nothing inbetween (guess with emphasis on "hate" for most folks) ;)
    Personally I don't like it much too, but I took it as a challenge to master it at least...

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Correction : Oh Shit I was confused with Georgs announcement for Eurospeedway (Lausitzring) today :D.....I like Sachsenring very much but guess Lausitzring is another good example (like Sachsenring) for that kinda "Love or Hate" tracks ;)

• Funny Funny x 1