Help needed urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by morgansherif, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    "No" what? There were 4 questions in my comment.

Did you try turning Vsync on? That's how I fix this visual stuttering on my PC*. You can do it in the game, but also go to nVidia control panel and make sure there are no settings that override the game's vertical sync options. Or you can set Vsync in nVidia control panel, either globally for all programs or specifically for R3E. (Also worth trying "Adaptive Half Refresh Rate" instead of regular Vsync.)

Can there be something about your TV settings? Like some weird frame rate upscaling or whatever.

* - I actually use "Adaptive", as nVidia calls it, instead of regular Vsync, but if FPS is above your monitor refresh rate, then it works as regular Vsync.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  2. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will do that Andi

3. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes I'm talking about in game objects flashing and disappearing or just pop all of a sudden and my tv does not have vsync I've checked, when I reduce it to 3840x2160 60hz it doesn't look choppy.

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's very strange because there's nothing like that in your video. This is what made me think the issue comes from your TV or how it's connected to your PC, rather than the game.

Unless something weird happens, Vsync doesn't really need any "support" from monitor or TV, it's a way your GPU organizes image frames and shuffles them between different frame buffers. Your monitor or TV reads from your GPU's memory and doesn't care what your GPU does behind the scenes. My old Sony TV works just fine with Vsync (or more precisely, "Adaptive").

Are you sure your TV can handle 4k video at 120 Hz at the same time? This is what's written in your TV's specifications, on Sony's website:
    "Video signal support
    HDMI™ signal: 4096 x 2160p (24, 60 Hz), 3840 x 2160p (24, 30, 60 Hz), 1080p (30, 60, 120 Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (60 Hz), 720p (30, 60 Hz), 720/24p, 480p"

I know HDMI 2.1 supports 4k@120Hz, but why is it not in the TV's specs? If your TV really only supports 3840 x 2160p up to 60Hz, then sticking to 60Hz is the answer.

Can you run the game at 1080p@120Hz with Vsync enabled, does it look choppy?

Upd: Also found this: "The XBR 900H - Ports 3 and 4 are the only ones that support 4K 120 timings. Please verify the connections."

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  5. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes my tv supports 4k 120hz in port 3&4 hdmi 2.1, there was a software update which I've done already

6. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One more issue why objects like flags, cars manufacturers logos and ads in the track keeps flashing and disappearing/appearing??

7. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Inconsistent frame times could make the game look like 30 fps while having avg 100 fps. huge inconsistent frame times will cause stutter. That is the reason sli was a "failure".
    @morgansherif are all your other games fine? Some driver could cause performance issues or even your anti virus. You could try a frame time recorder. if you get 100 fps, there should not be any stutter, single gpus have usually consistent frame times.

8. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All the other games are ok that's why I'm frustrated :(

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    All the other games ... are any of them dx9 ?
    If not i suggest running at 60hz as i pretty sure you said that seems to work ok

Andi

10. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    This can happen when triple screen setup is run without the extra last parameter that enables accurate per side view culling. On a single screen that is somewhat unexpected

11. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I know that I've pushed you guys to the limit with my stupidity but I'm still trying to figure out what's happening, today I've noticed that the stuttering (track object flashes) happens when I steer my wheel or press the throttle pedal, I stood in a practice session with engine off and moved my steering left and right and the crowd and mountains started to stutter.

12. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys but I'm not giving up on this sim!!

13. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've managed to tweak it and stop the choppy frames while I'm playing, I'm running on 60hz now and it's smooth and buttery than the 120hz but the stuttering is killing me.

14. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please tell me what to do?

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    How do you run it in 60Hz? Where exactly do you set it?

Like I said before, running uncapped FPS caused these stutter-like issues for me, while Vsync fixed it. At least on a 60Hz/72Hz monitor. I don't have a higher Hz monitor to check if it does to same on 100+ Hz.

I don't quite understand. Do you still have stuttering at 60 Hz? Or is it only on 120Hz?

Try running it in 1080p@120Hz to see if the issue is there.

16. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stuttering is very high on 120hz, 1080p@120hz looks horrible!!! 60 hz is fine in terms of choppy pictures but objects in tracks is stuttering still even on low settings and GPU on 60 to 80% load, temperature at 65c maximum

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That you mention the stutter occurs when inputs are used (steering, pedals) makes me wonder if this is in fact a usb issue. If you search usb graphics stutter it's not uncommon. You can try changing usb ports, update the motherboard bios, unplug anything you may have pugged into your TVs usb ports. Have a wireless mouse? Try a wired one etc.

18. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have a wireless mouse and keyboard, let me go through all these steps and get back to u.
    Cheers

19. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Try running the game on 32 bit

20. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, how can I do that?