Hi new player here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackie Chan/Tonolito, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Jackie Chan/Tonolito

Jackie Chan/Tonolito New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey me and my brother has played this game for 2 days and wonder if it needed to have a wheele or u can play good with keyboard.

Any tips and trick is welcome, and We are looking for friends so write if i can add u.

:)

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey! I don't know about keyboards but it's very easy with a gamepad and works with a wide range of them. I imagine of you're using a keyboard you might need a few of the aids to compensate for the lack of analogue input, but it's a fairly accessible game.

You can try a few cars and tracks for free, so download it and give it a go and see how you get on. I'm sure someone around here will be able to help you with more precise settings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    use the mouse steering if you dont want a wheel you can play arcade with mouse

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    There is à list on the forum with several known and good fellas, no girls "yet" ;)
    Simply add some of them..

5. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    A good wheel will transform the game. If you can't do that, a good game pad, like the Xbox one pad, with the settings tailored how you like them will work well. Keyboard with mouse to steer is workable, but I can't drive with it personally. Keyboard alone is a no no, you just won't have any fun.

You're welcome to add me if you like, John Barker in game :)

6. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i recommend you join the casual steam group associated with your area:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/esr.1809/ America. races held on fri, sat, sun

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...roup-for-australian-new-zealand-players.1432/ Australia and New Zealand and english speaking Asia. races held on sun (possible friday league)

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...h-gearex-steam-group-for-rre.1903/#post-20530 Europe (they claim to be 40+ but im 18 and im in so as long as your clean they are all good)

7. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Its like driving a car whit weel and whit out its like trying to use roleblades on is. And its not many how can master a handkontroll, they seems to lose kontroll wery often and its no fun for them or the one thats get hit by them. BEST investment for plesure is a weel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    that looks like it was typed in 2 seconds? :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jackie Chan/Tonolito

Jackie Chan/Tonolito New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have 1 more question, i just found out that it was free weekend and now i can only play with a small amount of cars and tracks.
    Then i wonder what are completly free in this sim?

10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome to the R3E family!Free tracks are Portimao and Raceroom Raceway plus 1 hillclimb (Lakeview).Free cars are five in total:
    Saleen S7R(under GT1 category)
    Aquila CR1 Sports GT( under CR1 cup)
    134 Judd V8 (under Hillclimb icons)
    Canhard R52 (Silhouette Coupe)
    DMD P20(Prototype Series)

11. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I can strongly recommend a DTM and the WTCC2013 packs to get you started, though you might prefer one of the ADACs, for GT cars?

I also added on the WTCC2014 car pack sine I prefer them to the 2013 versions... :)

12. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    *cough* @Bailey Lagstrum

@Christian Göpfert is a master of the controller. He might have some tips for a good setup

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    What it lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality! :) hahaha
    Let's hear it for the .0000000001%! yippee
    And don't you guys try to hand "you know who" off to me. I'm not claiming her on the estrogen team. lol
    B

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I often race with a 360, and it works splendid! :p:)

I'm not that fast though.. . But that has nothing to do with the pad, I'm as slow behind the wheel!.. :rolleyes::D

15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    You should go for a pack / packs with tracks in them to keep you busy for awhile.
    WTCC 2013 includes 3 tracks
    ADAC GTM 2013 includes 6 tracks

DTM Experience 2013 includes 9 tracks and it's own preset championship
    DTM Experience 2014 includes 9 tracks and it's own preset championship with pit stops and prime / option tires
    ADAC GTM Experience 2014 includes 8 tracks and it's own preset championship with driver swaps and two race format

16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I play with a joystick from time to time when it's slow at work. But if you only have a keyboard, then go into the controller menu and turn the sensitivity down to 10% or less. You will have better control and a much nicer experience.