Inside Cockpit or Outside?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by w4nn13, Apr 2, 2016.

1. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I wish we could adjust the mid cockpit view and not just the driver position

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In Raceroom, initially I was using hood camera exclusively, but then some cars I found where I now use cockpit. It depends on how obstructive the interior is. If my vision to the outside makes me feel like inside a Gemini capsule, I tend to go for the hood camera again.Some of the older cars also do not have too attratcive cockpits.

In AC its the other way around, mostly I use - almost all cars - in cockpit, after all exterior and interior car modelling is one of AC's shining plus-points. Only few cars I use with hood camera. The new dashboard camera they added, changes things, however.

Prefering I always would cockpit, but immersion shall not come at the cost of too lousy vision, even more so when in-sim vision always is handicapped and much more limited than it would be in reality.

I am no friend of totally non-transparent posters glued on the top half of the windscreen. At least not in sims. I would welcome - in both sims - an option to have them being visible only from outside/trackcam, but completely transparent/invisible in cockpit cam.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    In most cars, I use the cockpit view. But in a few Racecars, I see there too little. I then go to the hood. :D

Wen i will hear the fantastc Sound, i Drive for Fun with Outside Cam.

4. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    99.99% cockpit view. in iracing it only allows you to use cockpit view to make it more realistic. The only time I switch to chase camera is when i'm messing around in practice and want to hear that awesome engine from the outside. It doesn't effect your ffb so it "feels" the same lol. :) I just move my seat way up in all of the cars so I can barely see the top of virtual wheel.

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    I did a poll and according to the outcome most seem to prefer the most realistic settings as cockpit view.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/poll-your-car-settings-online.1992/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Always cockpit.
    Tend to pick cars that have a bit wider / bigger windshields do to that I'm on a single 17.3 inch screen. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I tend to swap between a dash cam like view or hood view depending on how obstructive the cockpit is or how good a dash cam view I can get. I prefer to use a dashboard style camera because your look left/right are further back inside the car meaning you can see more of your sides when you use the hotkeys. I also like the cockpit movement.

8. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    In-car view most of the time.

Hood view:
    When having difficulty with my vision
    when I use a car with obstructed view to the left due to extra roll cage structures.
    when driving a course where you're line of site is limited due to the angle your car is approaching a corner and I want to see further up the road to place my car for the proper line - once learned - then back to cockpit view.

9. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup, totally agree with you. This one thing can be the deciding factor in choosing one car over an other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Always cockpit without whe animated wheel and hand, siting as I would in the car.. sometime I use bonnetcam but only if I experiance some studder or lag it tend to be less then. Dash cam is no good it's like driving from halfway to passenger side feel very strange and unnatural way to drive, but if you are use to drive your IRL car one hand at 12 on the wheel and haning on your albow over the gear stick I guess that dashcam view is natural way of seeing the road.. :p ha ha ha...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Always and only cockpit view

• Like Like x 1