Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Somehow I doubt it's connected to R3E, so o wouldn't get your hopes up too much. It might be connected to something that was there before or elsewhere in the room. As @Max points out, the map of Kyalami is a historic one.

2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Yeah there probably were some stations with an older game there before.

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I dont see why cant Kyalami cant be in R3E because it was a historic track. R3E can introduce more historical content into the game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because it isn't used in any recent racing series and we're still missing quite a few tracks that are, so those will most likely be top priority for track development.
    It's not impossible of course, but it's rather unlikely, at least in the near-ish future.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I've said in the past that I'd love some historic tracks. We have all these amazing historic cars (DTM 92, Touring Classics, Gr 5, ProCar, etc), why not some classic versions of tracks we already own (Zolder, Hockenheim, Nurburgring, Zandevoort, etc)?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I did not say that R3E needs the track right now.

I only said it is a good to have track for the game because it never appeared in other games other than GSCE.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, all good mate. :)
    I merely gave an answer to your question, hope it didn't come across cross. But that's probably the simple reason, other tracks need to be developed in order to fulfill obligations.

The old layout indeed looks like much fun. The thing is that there are so many recent and historic tracks that would be awesome to have, it's just not possible to create them all. One more reason why we should be looking for a way to let modders create stuff like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am aware that there are quite a few tracks that are in development such as Nords, Spa, Silverstone and other tracks. Nords that is 3-4 times longer than most race tracks out there where it needs a lot more work to implement it in the game than most tracks in the game in terms of optimisations, track assets, modelling and so on. Kunos took 2 years to build theirs, I am not expecting R3E to have theirs finished quickly as Nords isnt an average race track. A lot of these historic tracks are quite lengthy which I think, they will take a lot of work too.

However, I really do not mind seeing historic content such as historic touring in R3E. They generally appear less often in most games and a lot of these old tracks are pretty fun to drive, especially with modern machines. However, I dont know how receptive other player will be towards historic content.

Still, there are plenty of modern tracks I want in this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think many people like the classic stuff, me included. There will definitely be additions in terms of classic cars in the future. Tracks, might be, don't know, but would love it.

Apart from the obvious ones (Nordschleife etc) I'm still waiting for Imola, one of my all time favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I admit I am not so much of a fan of Nords, but I am eagerly waiting for Spa and Silverstone in R3E.

I love to have Imola too, possibly Jarama, Donington, Lime Rock Park, Watson Glen and Circuit of the America.

• Like Like x 2
  11. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Just saw a loading screen showing the GT3 Ruf at Spa :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    me too, thought I was imagining things :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    2015-08-25 1623 0001.jpg
    This?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Same like the GT2. for me is the rear wing to small ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It is. But the worst thing is, I'm afraid that as soon as we can buy this baby, there will be a rage throughout the forum about why this car isn't for free, because it looks the same as the GTR2-version. I hate it when people do this... :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't be a true thread on this forum unless someone bitched and complained about pricing

17. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    PriceRoom

By the way, I just noticed that that RUF above is based on the Schuetz Motorsport Porsche running in GT Masters. Really shows the difference in spoiler size indeed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That pic is so sweet. Almost looks like they are delivering it to a retirement home. ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  20. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I am happy wehn we have a ruf gtr 3. Its not bad when he looks like the gtr2 I buy all. For all the two cars is the spoiler to small :D

• Agree Agree x 2