New update bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickyjj2011, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. R1derDom

R1derDom Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    2 small issues:

Game UI is set to German, randomly when clicking into car setup, language switch to english. not reproducable, but happens quiet often.

Second is, the german info-box texts in car setup for "Lenkwinkel" und "Lenkeinschlag" are messed up.

2. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    "Missed from December patch notes: After an exploit had been found with pit lane speed limit tolerances (where players would be seen in the pit lane without the limiter on to gain a small advantage by going slightly above the limit), that tolerance was reduced. This has caused some reports of harsher pit speed penalties, which have felt unfair at times. While we look into improving on those cases, players can seek to adapt and adjust their techniques: be careful to enter the pitlane under the limit and make sure not to turn off the limiter too soon when leaving the pitlane. While driving down a slope, avoid giving your engine too much torque as it will be more likely to cause your car to speed above the limit. (using 1st gear with full throttle is more likely to make you bounce above the limit)"

Nonsense. I am not aware of any racing series in which the pit limiter does not limit the speed to exactly what is allowed. Amateurs are at work here as programmers and want to circumvent their inability by declaring them. Too bad.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The pit limiter is a driving aid, not an autopilot.

Excerpt from a real life pit limiter manual:
    upload_2021-1-13_10-58-42.png

4. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    downhill, yes?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Krisz

Krisz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    Sepang North still has the bug if you are in the last corner in the inside, lap will be invalidated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Had a race on the ranked servers last night, Beemer at Stowe, when it was all over I clicked continue (by mistake) and was left on external camera, in the pits with no way of moving on, no esc, no nothing, after 10 mins I had to ctrl/alt/del to get TM to end task. This also happened before yesterdays update, so just reporting that this still happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Acknowledged, it's being investigated.

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just so you know, did it again last night on the ranked WTCR at Brands event, race finished and just left in the pits, powerless to do anything.

* Just had a go at Bathurst in the GTR4 Audi and yet again left hanging, most people seem to be able to leave, yet others are left in limbo.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Getting stuck in the ranked servers every time, so having to Task Manage myself out of RR, two things I've noticed.
    When I press escape after finishing the race the message is garbled, instead of saying "Press Esc to go back to the garage" it says "Press Esc" but followed by gobbledygook, not sure if it's random or the same message (disappears way too fast for me).
    Also when I open TM to close RR down I notice that it ranges from 1 - 5 browsers running inside RR, just wondered why it varied, not like I'm running more or less apps. o_O
    I'm also getting the old Thrustmaster issue more frequent than before the update. :rolleyes:
    To finish I thought I'd try out Dubai for the up and coming GTR3 endurance malarky and my fps dropped by 50%, from 90 to 40-45, is Dubai really that badly optimized? I would find it undriveable for 2 hours, just to let you know, I'm not the only one complaining of Dubai but I will add that I've never really noticed it to this extent before here but then with an i7, 1080GTX and 32 Gb of ram, running in medium across the board, I'm not that impressed with 90fps!

10. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In VR I can never leave the race at the end through ESC. The game hangs and I had to stop the whole game per taskmanager.
    I installed again, Raceroom, Steam and Windows 10. No change!

11. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting the same, pretty much every time.

BTW, what is this Thrustmaster issue? I found myself adjusting FFB settings earlier which I haven't done for ages in RR, but I was in a car that just did not feel "right" (vintage DTM), thus I felt the need to tinker and never quite found the sweet spot again. Also, took the new Audis for a test-drive (GT4 & GT3 Evo), and was getting some serious oscillation, which again is quite unusual. I'm on a T-GT with T-LCM & TH-8.

12. dgmoral

dgmoral New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 DTM 2015

13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There has been an ongoing issue with SOME Thrustmaster wheels, it appears to be random but if you get it, then you've got it going forward. Now all hope is not lost, there is a free bit of software called USBDview, it's just a USB tool for viewing connected devices. Now what happens for me, is randomly, when I leave the track or have a collision it appears to create a rogue USB device, which in turn creates FFB issues which make the car eventually undriveable. I just open the tool before any Raceroom session, if there are any unknown or unused devices I right click and uninstall device, I do this for all rogue devices.
    I believe this is a Thrustmaster problem that RR highlights, rather than a RR problem (apparently RR has a more complicated FFB setup). Not perfect but at least you get to still drive. Personally I think it's probably older or more abused wheels that suffer this and it's a dodgy connection mis-reporting id's for the wheel but what do I know! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    There is a point where it works but you do need to stay on the cooldown lap until you notice a new message appear beneath the original 'press esc' message. You'll likely notice a wall of yellow chat text indicating lots of others have left the game at this time.
    Not ideal, but better than force quitting.

15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I hi-jack this thread to note that after watching a replay (from the replay menu), the built in HUD in cockpit view always goes back to mini view and has to be changed back to full view. (Options > Gameplay settings > HUD Display settings > Data Display Style > Full data display)

16. Frontkratzer

Frontkratzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Rolling start with 99 ai on Nürburgring and Spa ends in a pileup in the first chicane with endless yellow-green phases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

99 AI????

18. Frontkratzer

Frontkratzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you can select up to 99 ai opponents on Nürburgring VLN+24h and Spa.

19. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Have the same problem since the update with the new WTCR cars some days/weeks ago...
    So this bug is still there with this update today? :(

Edit: in my case, i had a WTCR car in the midfield (50th position or so) and cant even start the race due to rolling start/auto pilot untill start/finish: there is a big pileup before my car can reach the starting straight...

Result: no race is possible! Tried that a few times... :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Okay, the above mentioned issue is still in the game. Just double checked this.
    So there's no race possible with 99 AI on the nordschleife :(
    Pleeeease fix this