next patch/update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndEnt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    My guess is they are busy with Silverstone and the new DTM Experience - and the "tidy up" stuff of course ;)

(Edit: and the WTCC 2016 Pack ?)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Is there any ideas of what could be causing the crashes in the 1000 Series GPU's ? Might there be a fix coming for it ?
    Really ruins the Sim for me , just tried to play again tonight and had 3 crashes in about 5 mins after i uninstalled it and reinstalled it onto my SSD and had to set it all up again . Again it only happens in the menu's because as soon as i start racing there are no crashes .
    I just spent the rest of the night getting to know another Sim and played that for about 3 hours , setting it up in and out of the menu's and had not one problem .
    Please please please HELP as i would rather be playing R3E than any other Sim on the market .

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    2ndLastJedi can you send me the dmp file of the crash? It's located at ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\Crash Dumps

Try to attach it here on a reply.

4. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    yes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This folder is empty ?
    When the Sim crashes my pc turns off into standby and most times i just click the mouse and the game is where it left off , other times i have to restart windows .
    i am running the game at 3840x2160 v-synced with just about everything maxed , shadows medium , blur off , lens effect off , corner markers off and specular off . Everything else full .Not sure if that matters .
    If i have the Sim sitting in menu's and go to win/google for settings or anything the system will still crash .
    my PC is brand new ( about 2 weeks old) with all new parts from a computer company .

6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    is there anything else i can do to help you or do you have any possible trouble shoot suggestions that i can try ?
    All temps are good , CPU all core's under 40C and GPU with fan at 70% sits happily at 62C .
    I also play with a Fanatec 911 GT2 / CSR Elite pedals .

7. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    hmm that's strange. It doesn't sound like a crash on game side. Can you try in windowed mode?

8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    yeah Sure ,
    And sorry, i have latest driver 372.70 but it did the same thing with the last 2 drivers .
    Edit : i have it in window mode and will run it in there for the future plays and hope something will change .
    How might window mode help ?

9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Weird , now in game the picture is stretched and green but menu's look normal ?? pause the game and return to normal looking menus and even instant replays are green and stretched .

10. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Can you provide a screenshot of these green and stretched screens?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    sorry but screenshots actually look normal ?? so i took a pic with my phone , hope this works and helps .
    Nope,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  12. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We're not seeing any attached image in your message.

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Sweet ,
    Okay , i should have taken one with my FOV but i run with 0.9 and that's a 55'UHD TV .
    Sorry about all these posts but i'm new to PC from console so this is all new and technical for a old Noob like me .

14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    how about now ?

15. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We've seen these symptoms when Nvidia 3D is enabled (the green stuff, not the restart).

Please check and try disabling the Stereoscopic 3D in Nvidia Control Panel.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The enable stereoscopic 3D box isn't ticked , i just checked .

17. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hmm what about if you disable the software that puts the overlay we see on the bottom left. Looks like MSI Afterburner?

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    i've been using my PC all night for all sorts of stuff and it's been flawless but when i ran R3E to get the screenshots it crashed and even when it didn't crash the system was weird as in trying to open the Nvidia control panel it would open but wasn't showing anything , just a blank screen with Nvidia logo on it but as soon as i quit R3E and tried again the panel was working properly . Do you think because i have the game running at really high settings my GPU struggles even though no other games make it do these things and they are all being played at as high settings/resolutions as possible while still running as either 60 or 30 fps depending on genre .

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Oh , okay , shall give that a shot . Yes it's MSI .
    i left that there to show temps and stuff .

20. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    I'm just wondering if the overlay is the culprit for the green tint that's all. I don't think it's the reason for the issues. Just wanted to check.

Those nvlddmkm errors you showed (in another thread) also indicate some sort of a display driver issue but we've never seen that "Variable String too Large" error before.

I don't think it's the GPU but rather the drivers.

• Like Like x 1