next patch/update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndEnt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk I'm still having crash issues and still only in menu's and only this game .
    Played Crysis 3 @3840x2160 making my system work really hard with high temps in both GPU and CPU for about 2 hours and rock solid , I even overclocked my card by +120 core and +550 memory to help play Crysis 3 and fine but last night in R3E i had it crash 3 times :( and that stretched green screen is still present with windowed mode on .

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ing-next-hows-the-plan.5624/page-3#post-80493

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Those are pretty poor examples to be using for 'fast development'. AC has improved much slower than people have wanted, even though they have added a fair amount over the past few years. And AMS... They have objectively gone very slow. I was one of their crowd funding backers last summer, and at the time, they said everything would be finished by November '15. Well, they didnt actually finish everything until July of this year. So, a full year for the improvements from the time of their campaign.

Chances are, you are going to be disappointed as you will be wanting far too much. There are certainly nice changes coming... some of which have been requested since the inception of R3E. Of course, when they work on something like adding a feature, or changing a system... This stuff can take months to develop. And yes, they are a small team. This absolutely has an impact whether you accept it or not. Really no point in trying to debate this. With 3 programmers, you simply cannot add a ton of major features every single month. That isnt even a pipe dream. That is downright unrealistic.

Lastly though, if you think nothing was improved in R3E in the past year or two. I suggest you take Christian's advice and look through the old change logs. A ton was added this past spring, and of course last year. Dont forget about all of the bug fixing they have also done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You only have to have been playing from the begining of March to see 1 or 2 pretty decent improvements, go back to November (my 1st real play with RR) quite a lot of improvement some significant some not so, still lots id like to see included, but it is what it is. If i knew then what i know now i probably wouldnt be playing now, but i am and in general enjoy it a lot as much as it pisses me off at times, it is a very good racing game, has a lot missing but in a while, probably a long while, it will be a great racing game, one of the best just getting better.

Thats the theory anyway.

5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I was gone for like 4-5 months...I thought it would be a little farther ahead tbh.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I was a little harsh without meaning to be. Guess I get a bit grumpy at times hearing how things should be much farther along and features should be pumped out left and right. Having a more first hand vision of what goes on behind the scenes, these guys are busting their butts just as I am sure all the other sim racing devs do. What people may not always see is how bugs are squashed before something is even released, and how a piece of content, or a feature, or a previous bug can go through multiple test releases for the beta testers before it releases for real. And all of that can take a lot of time to improve.

I dont disagree with you at all that some things should be here though. You mentioned triple screen support, and Im not sure what to say about that. It has been asked for repeatedly over the years. There are others too that would be nice to have, but hey, who am I to say what should get prioritized or not. Personally, I have my own list of things I would have liked to see implemented ages ago, but alas, that list is still there :D

I suppose this sentiment of 'just keep waiting because things improve slowly' can get a bit tiring, but to me, that just seems to be the way most sims are developed. All the studios (aside from SMS) have small teams, and they all pump features out at their own pace. But sure enough, none of our current sims are abandoned (aside from Pcars), and they are constantly being added to and improved. Of course, the pace of improvement is slow at times (or seemingly all the time :p ), but Im not sure how that would change unless they all had a mass influx of cash and could hire 50 new programmers on the spot to add everything that people want in a timely fashion.

My personal philosophy on this is that none of the sims out there are truly finished, or feature complete, or have a fully well rounded set of content. There will always be a car, or a track that I want to use that some game has, and another doesnt. So, if Im tired of one game, I can just switch over to a different one for a while. Knowing that the one I stepped away from is still being worked on and improved.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just to clarify my comment (and I think the same stands for nate): I don't intend to shut anybody down, there are more than enough aspects in RR that need or at least would benefit from improvements and without people speaking out the devs couldn't know what the users would like most.
    And of course everybody has his own set of preferences so it's just natural that people concentrate their criticism on the things that bug them most individually. It's just that from my pov saying that the focus is putting out new content without working on features and performance is a little lopsided.
    All in all, what all of us (first and foremost the devs) want is to see RR improve.
    Kinda agree, but 2 of those 5 months were slower due to vacations. Just be assured that they haven't been lazy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with @Christian Göpfert's post.
    Just imagine what would happen if RR would confirm VR-Support. One group would be pleased and an other group would shout "WTF VR-Support for so few users - We want full tripple-Screen-support".

For sure - Updates are always welcomend and compared by the ammount of updates, last year were a few more updates than this year. But the changes that were made this year, were very big.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Will the September patch include physics updates for those few classes that did not yet receive them? DTM 92 and Classical Touring?

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I've played R3E very sparingly over the summer and not posted here so much either. That's a result of lack of progress. I'm rapidly losing interest which is a shame.

11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully, GTR2 will get the same awesome tires that GTR3 has for months.

12. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    There is a physics update in the next patch, but the class I've heard about is the 2015 TT Cup. They're getting the updated physics that were mentioned in the TT Cup 2016 announcement thread.

As for the others, it's not really my area. There are others on the team that are better suited to answering questions pertaining to that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Acknowledged. ;)

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Introduce them to the forum then and let us throw some questions their direction! We'll be nice, promise!! :rolleyes:

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We're currently busy with the new content. Revisits of older content are happening in between, whenever time allows.
    It can be a touchy topic though, everytime we update, it does divide players. If you bought something in a certain state and we change how it handles, you are understandably doubtful.
    All in all it comes down to an identified clear need for an update, and what we think really needs more love and would benefit from updates. For example some classes imo still make little sense in the game at the moment, take the GTRX class to name one.

For now we haven't started on any update to older content. We're still very much focused on new stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    :oops:
    I was hoping an update for the GTR2 class (no specially for this update, but "soon-ish"). Since the recent update of the GTR3, the difference between the 2 are very noticeable... don't like driving the GTR2 anymore now, even if they were my favorites back in the time.
    GTR2 would be fantastic with your last tire model :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes, GTR2, GTRX and GTR1 classes could be merged, we think, into one big GTRX class with all those models BOP'd. Maybe that's one for another thread though. But that's what we were contemplating Karsten and I.

• Like Like x 4
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well GTRX always sounds like X-files to me :) but it's just a label actually - good idea to merge them all. I had a GTR 2 race with ESR recently and was shocked how they handled compared to GTR 3 (dancing like boats on a rolling sea) - raced them last about a year ago or so....

19. Miguel Vallejo

Miguel Vallejo Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    No news about the Nissan R90C...??

Yes, I know it´s not the first time I wonder, but I really love that car... :rolleyes:

20. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Waiting for a little buddy to race along with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1