App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Further to my earlier post - I saved your log and I think this might be the instance I mentioned of getting conflicting messages (best lap / lap times increasing on same lap):

12:05:46.291 : *** Opening channel, using bleep start_bleep at position 0

12:05:46.687 : Playing sounds, events: lap_times/best_lap_in_race, lap_times/worsening, position/p12, timings/being_pressured

12:05:54.083 : Processed lap_times/best_lap_in_race, lap_times/worsening, position/p12, timings/being_pressured

12:05:54.091 : *** Closing channel, using bleep end_bleep at position 0

Hope this helps. :)

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the bug reports guys. That best-lap issue has been around a while, I thought I'd squashed it but i've made many many changes this week, so I might have bust it again :(. I'll fix it today if I get an hour between looking after the kids and the in-laws :).

CSV output of laptimes... For the time being (as I have a ton of other stuff to work on with it), would it be sufficient to add a comma separated list of times to the app's console window? So when the session finishes (and only when it finishes) the app writes something like

1:23.45, 1:22.44, 1:24.22 etc etc

Regarding spotter messages triggering when you go under the bridge at suzuka, at the risk of sounding like a lazy sod, I'm not even going to investigate that one :). It's such an unlikely occurance and such a pain to fix :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    This app is so good it should be incorporated into the game, really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think some of the game developers might have seen my rather, er, messy ("organically grown") code-base and probably have a different opinion about that ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    A messy code is the sign of a happy code. You've made a lot of us happy and it's much appreciated here. Thank you @mr_belowski. Not to go OT, but your spotter in PCars is so much better than the default one as well. I need your voice in all my racing games (NR2003, AC, GTR, Race 07, etc).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hello mr. belowski,

the link for download in 1st page do not work for me.
    it do not load somehow.
    can i download your crew chief somewhere other too?

thanks and
    servus

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    weird, it does work for me. Anyone else having trouble with the link?

Major update tonight folks, including better multiclass support (the player and each opponent has his own car class now, with class-specific thresholds for engine, brake and tyre temps and better (but still unfinished) per-class lap tracking). The spotter's been overhauled, the bugs reported up to now have been fixed, but best of all, *blue flags* :D

WIll test when the kids are in bed and update if it looks OK

Edit... some of the class stuff might not be quite right. For the Silhouette I've used "GT4" (which won't affect anything - seemed a reasonable choice), but the tricky ones are the GT3s. There are 3 GT3 classes and I've lumped them all into a single GT3 class. This makes sense if you're racing multi-class against GT2s and Protos, but a multiclass with ADAC 2013, ADAC 2014 and GTR3 would mean that the app treats each car as being in the same class. Does that sound OK? Or do I need to separate it?

I've used a common class for American and German Nationals, and used LMP2 for the Daytona Proto, and LMP3 for the Radical

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well thank goodness you're going to improve this awful software :p:p:p. Teasing of course. Sounds fantastic as always. This new version is quite good. You know your left and right in game better than I do.

9. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hi mr.belowski,
    if i click on your link, it stays endless time in a white side,
    nothing happens.
    what can i do? i am not good in computer things.
    is there in simracing.orguk perhaps link too which i can click on, i drive in this league, but i did not find here a link,
    but you did write any letters already about this crewchief thing in simracing.orguk

servus

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    have you tried a different browser? It works for me using Chrome

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Works fine for me too. Just downloaded a second copy.

12. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    That'd be awesome. No hurry though - spend some time with the family!!

PS I'll test the new update whenever its done. If there's any specific scenarios you'd like tested I'd be happy to do so and report back...

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    actually, yeah, if you've got DTM 2015 the race end stuff is in need of some testing. The new version will be going up to Google Drive (same link as in the first post) in the next half hour. I've really struggled to get proper testing time in with all these changes and the thing that's most nasty is the frankly bizarre DTM 2015 end-of-race rules ("40 minutes + 1 extra lap"). Does the app handle this properly?

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    3.6.4 is uploaded, but unless you're happy to be a tester, I suggest waiting before downloading it ;)

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    oops, spotted something immediately, will need to fix it...

16. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ok... standing by... :)

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    right, I'm reasonably happy with it now.

3.6.4 is now uploaded and I'm calling this "official" (finger crossed...) with a lot of new things and fixes and hopefully not too many new bugs :)

The details are in the first post

Edit... just had a quick test race in the Silhouettes at Zolder and it all seems to be working nicely, even the blue flag code. Them Silhouettes are flipping awesome fun :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  18. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just tested with DTM 15...
    * fastest lap time repeating 'bug' appears fixed;
    * I was getting some WTCC 14 names instead of DTM 15 names but that may be because I tested in a WTCC 14 race and then ran a DTM 15 race without exiting R3E or CrewChief in between races;
    * as I crossed the line each time in DTM 15 I asked 'how many laps to go?' and you gave me the correct answer (in laps!) each time;
    * when I asked 'how long to go?' you told me my 'body work was fine' (I may have mumbled :))
    * my seven lap times (in seconds) from my seven lap race appeared in your log at the end - very cool...;)
    * frequency of getting the car behind's lap time rather than my own at the end of the lap was too high. I'd say I got their lap time 3 times more often than my own. Very much a matter of personal preference of course - so don't change it if you like it.

Suggestions for down the track... (not requests - just suggestions!!)
    * A 'radio check' request that could be answered 'loud and clear' - I was having an issue with my mic and this would have been a nice test

Otherwise - thank you again, this really makes R3E even better.:D

19. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    And by the way also loving the Silhouettes!! (hadn't raced 'em before)

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thought I'd sorted the names thing out... Its because I've had to allow the app to load names during a session to support driver swaps in adac gtm 2014. I'll have another look - clearly something isn't right there.

The opponent lap times are read if they a tenth or more quicker than their previous best, but the player times are a bit random. I'll look again at this.

I'll add a radio check voice recognition

Ta for the testing