App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    what id recommend is to only read an opponents time if it is the fastest lap of the race, they are the leader or if they are in front or behind you.
    Their is no point saying what the marussias or hondas are doing in f1 if they set a fast time but are still 2 seconds slower than the mid feild.

Id like to note i haven't tested the feature yet this may already be the case.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly how it works :)

Still think it needs tweaking a bit - maybe ad an additional 'and that lap is close to the session best for his class'

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    cool cant wait to try it. I've been practicing for esr league in my spare time:).

one last thing is it really necessary to tell me I'm spinning my wheels its something that the driver notices pretty easy as the applies the opposite lock and ends up in a wall. in fact Ive done a good solid couple seconds of wheel spin off the line without the message but then i did a flick spin and got the messageo_O. (what actually triggers it?)

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It triggers if you've had more than 4 seconds total wheel spin over a lap. You can change that value in the properties ui - set it to something big to switch it off. Can't remember the property name, but it should be obvious

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for the new version with driver names. That's just great!!! No I can turn off the HUD completly, because I become all the infos I need from my chrew chief "Mr. Belowski".
    The sound files for the drivers "Ide, Kechele, Knap, Buurman" are missing for the ADAC GT Master 2013. Maybe you can check this and add the sound files.

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i'm about to add a load of sound files - adac 2013, daytona prototype, radical and a couple of other classes

I also fixed the issue with the driver names not being updated when you start a new session :)

7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Just gave a try to the last version.

Spotter is better than ever, good job!
    Liked the "3 wide" :)

But to be honest the lap time announcement while racing bother me more than anything else.

Lap times are good when running in practice or Qualif, but in race gaps are more important than the lap time of the guy behind. I don't care about his lap time, I do care to know if he's catching on me or not ;)

Maybe it could be good to balance lap time and gap announcement in regards of the type of session.

8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    oh, almost forgot:

I had an engine failure after a crash. Chief said to me "forget about it, engine is over" .. that's great.. but right after that : "Com'on keep focus , we can do it" ...:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    heh, that bug will have to wait till the next version. 3.6.5 is uploading now - I'll update the first post and here when it's done (30 minutes or so). This fixes the horrible bug where it doesn't reload the driver names, and those opponent race laptimes are now optional (there's a checkbox in the properties UI). I'll rethink the opponent lap times a bit.

I've also added the missing driver names

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, 3.6.5 is now up with a new more names, the reload driver names bug fixed, and the option to disable opponent lap time reporting in the race

• Like Like x 4
  11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Will try the latest version during this weekend. Looking forward to see what´s new :)

PS
    @mr_belowski I sent a virtual beer your way via paypal [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    We have to consider not giving him too many beers, eventually he won't be able to update the app.. :yum::relieved::relaxed::grinning::laughing::tonguewink::tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::sweatsmile::triumph::tired::dizzy::sleeping:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Georg, and all the other generous folks who've bought me a beer :)

If the last version you used was 1.something, you should (hopefully...) be in for a pleasant surprise

14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You are worth every penny! :)
    Downloading the latest version now.

15. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I think it's time to slow down a little on the updates .. and make a proper auto-update process

You're working too fast, it's hard to follow :rolleyes:

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Auto update is on the long term to-do list, but its fiddly because the sound packs are changing as well as the app itself. It'll be a while before it gets implemented and in the mean time I'm just going to press on with fixes and additions.

The "where's [driver name?]" response got fixed last night - it was missing the time gap to the player. I also increased the spotter sensitivity. I'll hold off updating till I rework the opponent laptime reporting rules and if it goes well, I'll add some sector time info.

Does anyone play DTM 2014 much? Would having a "what tyres is [driver name] on?" response be useful?

• Like Like x 1
  17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I like that blue flags are implemented, but they trigger every time a rival is gaining on me and not only when being lapped.. (guess it will be more usefull in multiclass races)

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yikes, that's bad. I've not seen it behave like that. The rule is that it triggers if an opponent is behind on track but within 100 metres, and his race position is in front of the player.

You're getting blue flags when being overtaken (not lapped)? Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I had blue flag warning twice... At the beginning of the race... For sure there was nobody to overlap me yet :p

I wasn't able to see a pattern that could help you find what's going wrong

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The underlying cause is the noisy race-place data. The game occasionally gives an inaccurate race position for an opponent for just one or two updates. So I don't trigger inaccurate lead-changed messages I've had to delay the race place updates till we've had 5 consecutive place values which agree.

This makes the blue flag check much harder than it should be, but I thought I'd got it nailed :(