App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It should 'just work'. Is there a problem with it?

[Edit] the name validation is an important and evolving component :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Had a quick look at the pull request and there are a couple of things which (I think) will need changing - I'll pass back some comments on github

3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I have only one complaint: Is it possible for the auto-updater to remember my previous install location? I like having it in the R3E main folder and it's a bit of a pain to specify the location every update.

4. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Personally I like to keep C drive for OS only and everything else goes to D, just an old habit from the times chasing that last optimization to make my (gaming) system "perfect". :D

But I have no problems to change the path at every update.

5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It's just a tiny nitpick that I'd thought to mention, maybe it's something that's easy to change.

It's absolutely not a huge deal, it doesn't stop me from using it. That's all.

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Righty, I've done the update which includes Gongo's changes and some tweaks to r3e default launch params to make them consistent with the ams stuff.

I also added marcas and formula truck bits and bobs - kick me if I missed something gongo, ive had the kids shouting at me all afternoon so it's been hard to focus. So make sure you merge from master before your next dev work.

I hope this is all working - I've not tested it but as far as I can see it all looks good and any issues with the new stuff shouldn't affect the old stuff, but I'll be testing tonight (the missus is out on the sauce so I'll get some quality nerd time).

Regarding the updater and the existing install folder, it's a right faff fixing it thanks to install shield, which is shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski - BTW did you receive my donation okay?

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Indeed I did, thank you sir :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. SR_

SR_ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim,

i have a little wish for this great mod. I drive in ams with 100% engine volume, the message volume is also 100, but in the game its too quietly. I must decrease my engine volume to 25% and then its a perfect balance. But thats not the same immersion like 100% engine..

I would like to see a message volume limit of 150-200%.
    Or another solution, u fade out the engine/gamesounds meanwhile the message speaks. (with a slider to calibrate... :D) Also good..

Would be nice. Thx. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    the sound player library I use doesn't allow this - it's as loud as it'll go.

Gongo - just had a quick test, looks *really* good. One minor issue is that the track temp might not be getting set until 10 or 20 seconds into the session, triggering a "track temp is increasing, it's now 28 celsius" message every session

11. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Works great. Its so nice to have crew chief for AMS now, thanks to everyone involved. : )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, its working great with AMS, the only problem is with the too many blue flag messages... Is there a setting to deactivate it or i simply delete the blue flag sounds?
    Thx anyway ;)

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Go faster!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Advantage of short posts:p.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool. I didn't do much digging - the reason I suggested it might be a bug was because in the 3 sessions I tried I had the same message at the same(ish) time ('track temp is increasing, it's now 28 Celsius).

Having done some testing last night, it made me realise that I *really* don't like AMS. Perhaps the up coming Cart mod and UK tracks might help

16. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the tip to go faster guys :p but it is at qualifying and there is no car behind. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ah, was wondering why it was doing that. Thanks for the explanation.

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    A bit more testing...

Looks like the app can't really support 'time' race lengths. The number of laps gets set to max_int and there's no time remaining data in the shared memory - the app thinks it's a practice session. This might be a right pain to fix - perhaps it can stay a 'known issue' for now.

When I'm in a practice session the app thinks it's a race session because the shared.maxLaps value contains the number of laps that are going to be in the race (20 or whatever) - I think this is tripping up the logic in the mapToSessionType method (I guess this logic is expecting the practice session to have a maxLaps of max_int or something but it appears to just have the race length in there).

The track temp thing is a bit weird - I looked at the data and the track temp in my test session started at 24C, then within half a lap it was 28C. I think this is just weird game data, but because the app sometimes announces the track / air temp at the start of the race I don't think it's sensible to hack this - even tho it's odd, the track temp really does increase suddenly at the start of the session.

The spotter is working *really* well - considering the position updates are only 2Hz you've really nailed it.

My very decent modern box is struggling a bit with AMS - I get these weird stutters where the game seems to jump 1/4 of a second every few seconds. Nothing to do with crew chief but rather off-putting :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Launch Automobilista configuration tool and untick 'Windowed'. It's on by default.

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Already checked that