App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you fancy building it from source you can get it Here, its BETA a version witch i'm currently working on so dont expect to much yet.
    if your going to try it out then you have to copy CrewChiefEx folder to assettocorsa/apps/python/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    there's still an unmerged pull request - i'll try and get to that this afternoon.

Bare in mind that this is still work-in-progress and entirely untested, and only for those brave / bored enough to build the thing from source. Also I've not actually built it myself since these Assetto Corsa pull requests were merged so I can't even promise it'll build.:)

3. Victor Marques

Victor Marques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I need some help here! For Assetto Corsa. I have installed the last version off the crew chief. Updated the sound files and then I did copy the folder to assetto corsa' phyton folder. I did enable the app in options but I'm not having any sound when I l'm playing. I have also started the applicatio and letting assetto corsa seted. Another strange thing is that there isn't an icon for the application in the apps list. It looks like the game didn't recognize it.

4. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Disable all other apps then CrewChiefEx, go in for a game, go out and reactivate the other apps again.
    More details can be found here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...f-for-assetto-corsa.36440/page-10#post-748980

5. Victor Marques

Victor Marques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you very much for your reply. I unable all the apps and crew chief worked.
    But when I enabled all other apps again, crew chief stopped again. So I tried one by one and have found that it not work with the app Acceltest.

I don't know why but I think it was good to tell.

6. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    An update that hopefully fixes this issue is right around the corner.

7. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I have tested crew chief in AC and had the same issue like you. Then I checked the crewchief AC plugin and noticed that they did not put the sim_info file in a separate folder and left it in the main folder. This will clash with other apps that did the same thing.

They need to create a new folder and put the sim_info file there and of course change the reference path to it :)

8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski
    Hi Jim, seems that the launch parameters that allow us too launch Crewchief directly to the correct game mode doesn't work anymore.

Now that we have CF working on more games (thanks to the newly released Asseto support) it would be nice to have this feature back please.

As I launch all my games with simXperience SimCommander, Crewchief is auto-launched alongside the game.. but now I need to stop it manually, change the game mode and restart.

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Will take a look at that tonight or tomorrow :)

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
  11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i can't reproduce this. I set up a short cut to the app's exe file and added RACE_ROOM to it, so the shortcut target looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe" RACE_ROOM

My r3e_launch_exe property is set to c:/games/steam/steam.exe
    My r3e_launch_params is set to -applaunch 211500
    I have launch_raceroom and run_immediately checked

When I start the game it selects Raceroom from the game list, starts the game, and the app starts listening.

I changed the value of the r3e_launch_exe property to C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\game\RRRE.exe, with nothing in the r3e_launch_params. It also worked - the app selects the game type from the command line and launches the game and starts listening as soon as the app loads.

Valid values for the parameter on the end of the shortcut are
    ASSETTO, PCARS_NETWORK, RACE_ROOM, PCARS_32BIT, PCARS_64BIT.

Note that the app won't auto-switch to Automobilista or RF1 from a command line argument (it never got implemented)

12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Oh that's may be why I thought it didn't work (beside the fact I had the wrong parameters for raceroom, and didn't know it was implemented for asseto)

It is possible to have it working for Automobilista?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just added AMS, GSC, FTRUCK, MARCAS and RF1 to the launch parameter list so (unless I've messed it up) it should auto-switch to those game types from command line parameters now

14. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    As always, you're the Master ;)
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I haven't really used the Crew Chief until now, and I just wanted to let you know that I love you, Jim. <3

The Chief adds immensely to the racing experience, and I get really excited (no, not that kind of excited, but still...) every time he encourages me over the radio. Thank you for this huge effort!

• Like Like x 1
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks fella, glad you like it, you're a little late to the party tho ;)

17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Never too late to party.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. op7ic

op7ic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yes. This is an error message.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim,

I was thinking about a feature that could be nice to add. But I don't know if it's technically possible and/or hard/easy to do.

While in quali session it could be great to have messages about the distance from the car in front and/or the car behind.
    Something it could tell you that you're too close to the guy in front (who may be slower) and you might no be able to do a clean lap on the next lap. (this message could be triggered only few turns before the end of the current lap) => give some space.
    In the same way, being warned that a car is not far behind so we don't slow down too much or maybe let it pass.

Do you think this might be possible ?