App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nice idea - I'll have a think about it. It should be easy enough for the app to report the gap ahead and behind when you hit sector 3 on a qually lap (or maybe when you're 1000 metres away from the line for long tracks). Getting the app to give advice about whether you need to ease up to make space, let a guy pass or push to keep the gap behind will be a lot more challenging. It can be done (I think) but it would take a while

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Nice :cool:
    Would be a great feature when the quali sessions are very tight and need to be very focus to do a clean lap.

Maybe put a setup value in the parameter of the apps for the distance from start/finish line player want to be wamed (1000m, 500m, etc)... or even a button tu push to trigger manually the info.

3. op7ic

op7ic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    any solution ?

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Dude... You've not even attempted to describe your problem, when it occurs, what triggers it, what errors are shown in the event log, anything. Asking me to help and investigate your issue based on a vague screenshot is, frankly, rude

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday i treed crew chief for the first time with Assetto Corsa on the pc.
    Most of the time i play RaceRoom and crew-chief works perfect.
    But after clicken on Assetto Corsa in the program the only thing i heard was radio check

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Did you copy the CrewChiefEx folder to your assetto corsa apps/python folder? You also need to enable the python app in the assetto corsa menu

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The next time i play AC i wil taken look at it.
    Thanks for your Fast respons

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with you. Some people

9. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski Are you still adding people's names or whats the procedure nowadays to get your name added, as a friend of mine who loves ChiefCrew would love to have it added :)

Cheers
    Stefan

10. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Interested parties include but are not limited to people who do not know Stefan as well. :D

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Interested parties may be interested to hear that The Chief's missus & kids will be away early next week, giving The Chief a chance to work late into the evening without being nagged or waking the kids up, drinking whisky and recording names and sweary messages

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK guys, I've tidied up the raceroom & pcars names GoogleSheets for opponent driver names. Add your names and / or the names of the crew you race with here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fSq6UazCDspLFC2yWm859jvQrlNOgVTZ8isIgb1-JXI

Follow the instructions and read the information columns first. Also check that your name isn't already there before adding it.

I'll try to record these on Sunday night if I can remain sober enough to do it

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Request sent so I can add the name. =)

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    And while I have the microphone and the booze out, if anyone has ideas for creative ways in which The Chief can encourage good driving or 'constructively' criticise bad driving, using the kind of language that I'm not allowed to wake the kids up with, now would be an excellent time to make suggestions :)

16. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There is one thing i was thinking that could be good/fun to have and that is a "s**t list" where users can add names of other drivers they want to be warned about if they are in the race.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    How bout raising some guilty conscience when the driver damages the car... "That'll come off your next paycheck, buddy", "You do know these parts don't come free, right?" Sth like this might raise the spirit after flopping. ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    "We can rebuild it, we have the technology"

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah, that would be cool but would require a chunk of additional work which I've not planned in (yet). My current plan is to spend the time drinking and shouting into the mic - doing stuff that doesn't require sobriety like adding new sounds to the existing app's logic. So it's only driver names, personalisations and more alternate message versions for this week. Additional functionality like a s**t list, or other cool stuff like better support for leagues / championships will have to wait.

[edit]

Good idea Christian - stuff like "this race car s**t isn't f**king free, you know" and some more sarcastic messages like "it's OK, the car was f**king ugly anyway"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did the boozing commence already?
    And I thought I was an old meanie. You's steel, me's rubber. :D