App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    For those lucky enough to get past the dreaded post-update server errors, everybody's favourite Tourettes sufferer is now updated so it should work with the latest patch. So stop fannying about and try fcking harder :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Can You add audio: Wozdecky. it pronuance vozdetzky.

Thx,

3. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    This morning i started Crewchief. It said it had an update. I let the update run and i raced. This afternoon i started Crewchief and again it said it had an update. But this time alle redflags went on: Comodo firewall, Avast. My whole PC froze.
    The update file has been sent to avast for investigation. Did a full scan with Avast, Comodo and Malwarebytes...nothing found. Don't know what it was...

4. ufo4u

ufo4u Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim, ive got an issue in crewchief with the assigned (keyboard-)buttons! In your app it seems to work but in game it doesnt! I play in fullscreen! Ive updated crewchief yesterday and hoped that fixed this,but sadly it didnt! Before the November patch it worked perfectly here!Even after your hotfix last week!Got no clue to fix this,or do i missed some info?
    Thx in advance
    Regards
    Uli

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's not the first time an AV warning has been flagged up on Crew Chief. Naturally I can't promise it's not been compromised but my dev / build box is a recent Windows 10 install with nothing shady on it and a working virus / malware checker. The last time it was flagged as a virus (by Panda AV I think) it was submitted to some AV service which confirmed it as a false-positive. I'm confident that this is, again, a false-positive but you're right to be cautious. I'll scan my dev box tonight.

If you look on the Shared Memory API thread in this forum, I posted a link to another program which maps some parts of the new shared memory to the old shared memory. If Crew Chief is compromised, it's a fair bet that this other application is too - it'd be interesting to see what your AV makes of it.

Regarding keyboard issues, i'll do a bit of testing and see if I can reproduce this.

6. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Why make it simpler? its rare to see a app being so simple to use and so well done, i am using it (V4) and its just great.
    Thanks Mr B :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, that was from back in July 2015, when getting Crew Chief to work was actually a bit of a chore. Things have moved on a little since then :D

BTW, I couldn't see anything dodgy on my dev box when I scanned it last night

8. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Oh i see, i am still in 2015... time to change calendar :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    It works great.
    Well done.

10. ufo4u

ufo4u Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    ive found out why the assigned buttons didnt worked for me lately! After the last update the crewchief.exe wouldnt get started with
    admin rights ! After ive changed this it works perfectly again! :)
    So thx again for this, in my point of view, essential app!
    Greetz
    Uli

11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone made a french voice pack that you guys know of? I'd love to make one if not, but I have a nasty belgian way of saying numbers.

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    somebody did have a crack at it but gave up pretty quicky IIRC. There are some challenges (obviously) and I had to add some options and workarounds to make it work for the Italian language pack that Gianfranco made a few months back. I imagine there will also need to be some additional options and stuff to make it work in French, but I'd be happy to add these as necessary. Don't underestimate the work - perhaps Gianfranco is a perfectionist and perhaps Italian is particularly challenging for this sort of app, but it was a big old chunk of work.

Go for it :)

13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    he just said he was Belgian, so you can probably ignore language enhancing options ;)

14. petespars

petespars New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic! updated V3 to V4 after raceroom update, working without any problems. also your shared memory exe. has solved all my dash and fanaleds problems! thank you for your fantastic work and have a beer on me!

15. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I got some problems with the crew chief. I was a playing AC and noticed some cracking and plopping sounds. Yeah I know AC had some problems with sound but I have it in AMS too. Now I figured out in AC, AMS, R3E and pcars i have this issues only when crew chief is speaking. I played a bit with sound settings in windows but can't get away these strange sounds. Anybody else have noticed sound problems with crew chief?

16. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I am a bit hard of hearing, but on my side I cannot report having noticed that in AMS, AC or R3E on both, USB-Headset and Stereo-Speakers.

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The sound playing parts of Crew Chief haven't changed for ages so I think this is probably down to changes in your system (OS / drivers / hardware / the mysteries of Windows auto-breaking)

18. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Thx for the info.

19. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Strange i dont have this prob.
    I think Mr B must be right, try looking in your window sound config.

20. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. I tried a little bit. Setup new drivers and things like that and now it is all okay but the background sound from crew chief I must turn down. When I do it louder like before I got these crackling sound