App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys :)

The next version is due soon - this week hopefully. It adds lots more cool and immersive stuff, calling out incidents in specific corners and other stuff, so should be a nice improvement :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, next version is up with a few changes - more track mappings, more corner names, more tweaks to the rules governing what's said and when and a few bug-fixes. There was a bug that was suppressing the "you're reeling this guy in..." messages, which meant that the "you're faster into corner X" messages were less likely to play.

Same as before, you'll need to download the soundpack update again for the new sounds and apply it manually. The app version number is now 4.6.2.9 so can be installed over the top of the existing one if you want:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.2.9.msi
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/update_sound_pack_108.zip

I'm hoping this will be the last test version - I need to stop faffing around with it and just release it already :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    After pressing Start this Error is shown in the List:
    Error pasing C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\trackLandmarksData.json: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value:
    . Path 'TrackLandmarksData[0].trackLandmarks[3].isCommonOvertakingSpot', line 31, position 50.

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm really sorry but this is another error in the packaging. In your crew chief installation folder (c:\program files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\ I think) there's a file called trackLandmarksData.json. Near the top (line 31 according to the error message) is some text that's supposed to say "false" but actually says "fals"

This prevents the app loading the corner data so it doesn't use it. If you add the missing 'e' it should work

5. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thats it. Now it works. Thanks.

6. Time

Time Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Where can i see if my name is always on the app and the opponent heard him?

Thanks.

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Anyone tried the latest version? Was 'officially' released tonight

8. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Doh!!

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    hmm, should be on 4.6.3.0 now. Anyone else not getting updates?

10. badhairday

badhairday Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Mine has just updated. Time is 23.21 Uk

11. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Got the new update this morning (USA) works great so far! Thanks

12. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Loving the update Mr B. One step closer to total immersion.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear guys.

There's an issue with the brake locking and (particularly) the wheel spin detection in corners - it's just too sensitive and can be triggered by the wheel speed differences that result from just going round tight corners (your outside wheels obviously rotate faster than the inside wheels). So I'm going to have to make this much less sensitive. Brake locking will still be OK (after all, a locked wheel is barely turning) but wheel spin will probably be only detected in rare cases. I just can't allow the app to report wheel spin when there clearly isn't any (e.g. messages about front wheelspin in RWD cars).

I'll get a better solution for this but it'll take a little time - I'll do an update tonight or tomorrow with this sensitivity change work around. If anyone notices any other weird or incorrect behaviour now would be a good time to shout about it. This update is one of the most complex ones we've done (yes "we've" - the app is now maintained by a team of 3 :)). So there may be other issues lurking that we've not picked up in testing

• Like Like x 3
  14. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    The wheel spin thing can easily be simulated in the Formula JR going down the corkscrew (Laguna Seca) almost every time it said spinning left inside wheel. FYI anyway, hope it makes it easier to remedy for you.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    thanks, i'll use that as a test-case :)

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the raw data, the apps wheel spin detection is only a little bit too sensitive with the FrJ at Laguna. I need to write a better algorithm to detect it but for the time being I've dropped the sensitivity by 50%. I think it's enough but if you're setting spurious warnings after the update, give me a shout

17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I earned a wheel spin comment, happened before update. I cannot imagine why.:p
    upload_2017-3-23_20-39-26.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Nice job. Donation done.

19. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi - returning R3E driver here and just found your awesome app. Very useful so thanks for all your efforts!
    I would like to ask if installing all the speech recog files will interfere at all with my current speech recognition? As it works fine with all other apps like Oculus TrayTool and Voice Attack etc - but no speech recoignition atm using Crew Chief?
    Not too keen to just install these new files if they are gpoing to stuff up my current speech recog functionality. Cheers.

Oh and happy to add some Beer money if you can add Cam to the names plz?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  20. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Cool app, been using it a while with Project cars, now with Assetto Corsa and rr3 on PC, more immersion and useful information, could do with Gary or Gazza in the names