App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The white and yellow flags with "ok to pass, or don't pass" works like a charm!
    Still don't get black flag / disqualified. (But I think I have gotten notifications about disqualifying in the past?)
    Would it be possible to get notifications about other players / AI cars that get penalties, and when they go in to serve them, or get disqualified?
    Would be nice to be kept up to date of what's happening while the race is going.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just pushed another update to that same download location. This skips the 'yellow in sector X" if the player is already under yellow, so it reduces the "yellow" message spam quite a lot.

thanks for testing man, don't hold back on the feedback. I'm getting short of time to get this stuff stable in time for next week

[edit] not sure if there's data about other cars' penalties, I don't think there is. Will have to check the black flag stuff - the penalties implementation is really old, based on R3E as it was in 2015

• Like Like x 1
  3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will try to have time to test this one as well in a bit. :)

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The new yellow notifications is a bit indecisive, crew chief change his mind a lot, "ok to pass, don't pass, ok you can pass, you need to give places back" :D

I just noticed that I do actually get a hud message of AI cars handed penalties, so I guess it should be in there somewhere?

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The pass / don't pass thing is kind of transient, which is why i was unenthusiastic about adding it. There might be some tweaking that can improve it but ultimately it reflects a piece of info that changes very quickly.

Is the indecisiveness just in the pass/ don't pass/ give places back area?

6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes.
    But didn't notice it the first time around from the other download.
    Would it be possible to revert back, and test the first try of those yellow flags again?

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The only difference is the addition of the pass / don't pass stuff (and some better logic so it doesn't call yellow flag twice). If you want to disable the pass / don't pass and white flag messages you can rename their folders in AppData/local/CrewChiefV4/sounds/voice/flags/

The names should be obvious

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay, just thought it might happened something to the "pass, don't pass" with the latest download do to that I didn't notice it on the first tries.
    Hope it can be solved, feels like a good feature, and do add a lot when he knows the deal!

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it some thought but I don't know how I'll be able to report the status in a timely fashion without risking this 'bouncing'

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Did some more testing, and I found the issue.
    My first crash reports was fine a moment ago, but then the time after that there was this indecisiveness again.
    Watching the replay I noticed that crew chief didn't actually constantly change his mind do to one flag, he was notified of several accidents in the same sector at the same time. And therefore the conflicting messages. :eek::confused:;)

Edit: One big crash with several cars involved - "No overtaking". And two smaller incidents with other cars, one before the big one, and one further down the road "Ok to pass".

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... I'm really rather stuck here. I've disabled the white flag when you're under yellow (good advice from JF) which will help. But the "can pass" / "can't pass" logic is a bit of a sod really. Like you said, it's possible (and quite correct) for the data to change here. I could prevent the app giving a pass / don't pass message if it has read one in the last, say, 15 seconds. But then the app would miss it changing, which is really bad (you'll think you're still OK to pass when you're not).

I think the app should either do what that test version does and announce it, at risk of being a bit indecisive and the value changes, or the app can't announce it at all. But I'm hoping that someone comes along with a brilliant 3rd option :)

12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I was actually cheating a bit when I was testing the yellow flags, and was using a track and layout with a bug, causing a lot of AI's to crash. :rolleyes::D
    So maybe this isn't such a big problem in the normal use, but more of a worst scenario problem.

Will do some normal racing today to test it more properly. :)

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've added an option to disable these calls - i think its the only thing i can do here. But knowing the right default value for this would be helpful - i have no time to test at all before the next R3E release. I *have to* update CC because the shared memory layout is changing, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers here :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Since today CC is not launching at all. When i double click the app, nothing happens.

I've tried
    - reboot
    - repair + reboot
    - reïnstall + reboot

I'm on windows 10 64 bit. Any idea what could be the problem?

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That's weird, nothings changed since Thursday. Check for .Net errors in the windows event log (look for event log, application log)

16. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, couldn't find anything. Will try a system rollback, see if it fixes the issue.

Edit:
    System rollback fixed it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  17. bereklauw

bereklauw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey the thing didn't work out. At least i know now where to put the files thanks for that but how do i record them and make the wav files? Is there a special program or anything?

18. bereklauw

bereklauw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is the window i get to make the wav file.

upload_2017-4-5_10-31-10.png

And this is the error i get when i want to make the wav file.

upload_2017-4-5_10-31-56.png

Really hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

19. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You are starting a quote with a ' and ending it with a " thats wrong.
    Try with this
    with open('\\user\\' + USERNAME + '\\Desktop\\My_Crewchief\\CC_Drivers.txt','r')
    or this
    with open("\\user\\" + USERNAME + "\\Desktop\\My_Crewchief\\CC_Drivers.txt",'r')

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  20. bereklauw

bereklauw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your help but no succes. Still an error this time it is a different error. The other one was error number 22 en this time it is error number 2.

upload_2017-4-5_12-11-22.png