International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all for this event
    I had a lot of fun.
    Compliments to all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    i hope you all had fun this evening, we lost 6 peoples. but i hope the majority had a good clean race with plenty of fighting and excitement. :)

winners - we will be looking into the results and naming the winners of the competition. Ones identified we will ask those members to come forward and provide us with their paypal details so that the prizes can then be sent to them

thank you again for taking part

we will be returning to our usual sunday events now where we have x3 races every sunday, but expect the next endurance event to be some time in march

• Like Like x 1
  3. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Good race guys. I myself had no pace today, was way off all my practice times in both qualy and race. So I decided to make a plab b, with heavy fuel saving. That worked great... untill 1.5minute left...
    [​IMG]

But one thing, im sorry to the Mercedes who was behind me when I was out of fuel. When I noticed fuel was down to 1 and still 1.5minute left then I should just had backd out and stoped ofc and not continued in trafic. So sorry to the Merc who hit me from behind when my car stopped...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic race and format. We really need these longer races in a sim-world of 10 min sprint races.

Quick recap:

I drove the sole Chevy Daytona Prototype. I knew it was a good 10 km/h faster on the straights than the other cars and figured everyone would be in the Radical. It was a joy to drive and it comes alive during longer stints. I lost time to the other P2 cars in sector two but I thought it would be ok during the race.

Q
    Qualified P2 behind a quick P. Martins in the Martini sponsored DMD P21. I tried to sandbag a bit in the practice session hoping that nobody would suspect the Daytona being quick but so did he, beating me by 0.8 sec :p.

Race
    I got a good start off the line and passed Martin on the inside in to Eau Rouge and held the lead for around 9 laps when I went wide in to Campus and lost the lead in to Stavelot. I then trailed Martin by 2 seconds until the first pit stop at lap 11. Unfortunately I screwed up and didn't confirm the fuel amount so I went out without fuel. Luckily I had enough for a lap and could pit again the next lap but now I was trailing P3 by 15 seconds and the lead by 40. From here on I made a big push to catch Ralf Arella in P3 (gotta make up all the money for lost work days when I've been practicing for this race :cool:). I catched him at the time for my third pit stop and were ahead after he pitted. The LMP2 cars could do 12 laps on a full tank.

Now the calculations started. But for me, who can't talk in a phone and walk at the same time, my brain was working harder than ever before. I tried to lift and coast so that I only needed a quick splash and dash before the finish. Somewhere around here I collected a GT3 driver in T18 and we both spun (sorry for that, right side steering wheel on the DP as an otherwise left side driver = not good). I pitted with 6 mins left and didn't change my rear tires so I came out in P4 but one driver in front needed to pit anyway so P3 ultimately was mine, 6 sec off P2 and 20+ behind P1. If it wasn't for that mental breakdown at the first pit stop...

A shout out goes out to all GT3 drivers. You really made this race easy as a LMP2 driver. You held your lines and kept out of trouble, at least for me. It's not easy to do this in real life, much less in a game so kudos to all of you!

CFEG - you need to keep these events going. Multiclass is great!

See you guys next time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    If you had pulled that off you would have been my hero of the day. The enviromentalist' would've loved you and the polar bears were holding their thumbs. Good thinking!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    seems the LMP2 class had a proper close race with different tactics flying around, thats what i love about endurance racing, you never truly know whats going to happen, you cant just sprint to the finish line after 12 laps :)

again the feedback we are getting is very positive, considering its our first event outside of pcars of this length...it is something we will continue as it is why the group exists :) its the admins favourite type of racing and im glad to see there is a broad interest in the raceroom community as well.

for now i will look into my work dates and come up with the next event. but we will still do our 25 minute multiclass races every sunday, but il post the details for that tomorrow.

in relation to the winners, can the following players please private message me their paypal details so i can start to organise the distribution of winnings :) (thats IF you havnt already passed them onto Rirdeg)

winners
    LMP:
    1st place - Pedro Martins, - gift given
    2nd place - Jonathan Schelstraete - gift given
    3rd place - Henri Puustinen- gift given
    GTR3
    1st place - Aelcio Junior - no contact
    2nd place - Rirdeg (Admin, whahahahaha)
    3rd place - Marc Martens - gift given
    congrats to the winners for some great racing, i hope to see everyone there for the next one :p keep an eye out for it in february when sign up opens

ty
    matt

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

No problem my friend, I myself had just lost the thread through the driving behavior of a GTR3 ( Gomes ) in which hy was cruising around ;)

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    First off, a massive thank you to @OverTheLine and Rirdeg for organising the event, pitty @OverTheLine couldn't make the race but I think it all ran pretty smoothly.
    Occasional backmarkers still trying to race the lead cars made things very interesting in the GTR3 class but that's racing.

My strategy was awful and I got a drive through for no reason as far as I could tell (after I left my pit box) during the first round of stops. That meant challenging for a class win was always going to be an uphill struggle, the race it self was pretty good though.

Had a great game of cat and mouse with @G.Deurwaerder and Aelcio Junior in the first half of the race, a certain LMP2 driver who may or may not have caused an incident on lap 1 at Eau Rouge seemed to be having a tough time getting past Aelcio which cost us all time and made for some very intense moments but after that it all seemed very comfortable as the 3 of us settled into a rhythm and what appeared to be a sector time battle. Didn't appear to be much in it at all.

Then came the stops and the drive through and then a bugged stop which brimmed the fuel tank with 15 minutes of racing to go... that was 30+ seconds out of the window.
    Can't help think I should have done better but, I'll take nothing away from the winners, faultless driving and well deserved. Congrats guys.

Again, thank you to the organisers and to Aelcio Junior and @G.Deurwaerder for the quality racing throughout.

Roll on the next one. :D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave ,

I may then assume you were the rider with the Audi :)

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    That would be me :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    damn man, you brought me completely fooled;) I thought you wanted to take the penalty as rapidly as possible, so I thought I driving a bit slower:cool: I was completely lost :confused: lol hahahha, nice drive by the way.

12. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Was a nice clean race yesterday. Thanks for the organization of this event! My main battle was to keep up the concentration and not to dehydrate. The first laps were the most exciting how the field will be sorted after the first few laps. The first three flew away as expected but then there was Henri again at my first pitstop and I assumed he missed to fill up fuel. I know this issue very well. At this point of time I still had some hope to finish the race with 2 stops but at the 2nd stop I was sure fuel will run out 1 or 2 laps before finish. Tried to save fuel but 15 mins before the end I was sure I have to come for a splash and dash. I had enough time anyway. The first 3 were far away and the gap to Martin was quite comfortable. But Martin didn't come to the pits. I was wondering if he had a stop that I missed, or did he drive the AER and consume less fuel, did he have the perfect strategy...Would have been a big surprise! Congrats to the podiums and to all finishers!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to the organiseer for this event. I really enjoy Multiclass racing, especially when all drivers are safe in the doubling. Have had some close calls but no crashes :) Otherwise Had a great race altough i was a bit out of shape due to a newyearsdrink prior to the race o_O

Quali didnt go as well as planned.. 2.06low was the goal which would have been 2nd but 3rd was still ok.
    the 2.05 was a really deserved pole btw!

Start was a bit scary being standing but all went smooth.. Just hung on to 3rd and on to the first traffic overtakes. After the first pitstop i was 2nd because of puustinen not putting fuel.. Nice comeback towards the end btw.. Just held on to 2nd to the end. My last stint was a bit messy and overal i think 1st was just a bit quicker this race. Probably would have been third if Puustinen had his normal refill..

I considered 2 stops as well but i was always going to run 1-2 laps short. Would have been nice if someone succeeded in it though..

Greetz

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    wow lots of stories coming out which is great :) always good to hear different viewpoints and feedback, well ive officially decided ill host an event in late february or early march, ill simply keep this thread open and change the details so you all get notifications when its been updated with a new event (doesnt clog the forum that way and you only have to remember the one thread)

thanks again all for taking part :)

15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The winners of LMP
    1st place - Pedro Martins,
    2nd place - Henri Puustinen
    3rd place - Jonathan Schelstraete

Have all been given their £10 gift cards via paypal using the email addresses provided to us. Please check your paypal inbox in order to receive you rewards :)

Any issues let me know, as i have a purchase code than can be used to re-direct the gift card

Still waiting to hear from the GT3 winners

16. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Such a shame, I was really looking forward for this race and had already done a lot of practice and setup-tweaking , but yesterday I had severe problems with my internet-connection. I hope that this won´t happen again on next race .

Greetings.

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You too mate, I saw the aftermath of your accident at the end of the race, really unlucky.
    Hopefully the next one will be a smoother race for us all, looking forward to our next battle. :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Pure_Driver

Pure_Driver New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really enjoyed my race but I messed it up when entering the pits exceding the limit and canceling the pit stop when I was in it accidentally and finished desqualified. It was my first race and I'm sure I will be better next time. Can't wait for another one! When will it be????

19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    next race will be 26th February but the details have yet to be decided. ill keep you all posted dont worry :)

in the mean time we will carryon doing our regular sunday meetings until the next one

20. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Do you also race with group 5 or only with gt 3 cars?