OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Silverstone GP with FORMULA RACEROOM X-17 is extrem flickering with Oculus Rift

2. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When I have an accident with the car the oculus screens turn gray

Someone else with the same problem?

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    When the Screen turns grey it might be a problem with a weak signal between the headset and the Oculus Sensor.

4. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering.
    But the problem only happens when I have a crash, the rest of time everything works well.

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, on my side I don't have that kind of problem when I have a crash. But I noticed that effect while I was playing and turning my head while I was sitting in a corner and the light conditions (as the sun was going down IRL) were getting weaker.

6. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Oculus Rift.
    SteamVR is working fine but in the game my Fanatec CSL-E won't work.
    Any idea?
    Thanks.

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    is it only when you are using VR?

8. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
  9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    have you tried to create a new controller-profile while using the Headset?

10. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    So I've used a new controller profile, and it's worked.
    So I go back to my previous profile and this one works now!
    Don't know why?

But, anyway thanks for your advice :)

11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    So I did not play RRRE in VR since few months now and tonite when I try to play it does not load. Previously I had following set in my launch parameters :- -applaunch 211500 -vr 2.61 -silent

Those always worked perfect for me but maybe something has changed and my parameters are obsolete ?
    Any help appreciated... cheers !

12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There was a change in the -vr parameter, as R3E can now use the supersampling-Setting from Steam, but it was "rolled back" so that both variants are available now.

Have you tried to reduce the Launch Parameters to just -vr 2.61 ?
    Not sure what the other two parameters you have do, but I don't use them and R3E starts in VR without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ok sorry I failed to mention that I launch my racing titles via SimCommander4 (sc4) which controls my Buttkicker and AccuForce wheel. I just realise that some problem in steam prevents launching direct from SC4 as the same problem exists with Project Cars 2 beta. So I just used the parameter you suggested from within Steam Library and it worked.

I did find it does not run as smooth as it once did in VR, very sluggish and lots of blur and judder. That was with -vr 2.5 so I am not sure whether something else is changed or I have to edit the SteamVR parameters somehow. The sound was also very muddled and did not have the crispness and separation of effects that I remember. Nothing has changed in my system and I just ran with the game in same setup state as I previously used to run. Maybe steamVR is glitching again ?

14. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

I've had the same problem with VR since a couple updates ago. I reported this on the support forum but nobody else seems to have the issue. I've sadly stopped playing because I can't get any acceptable VR FPS unless i turn off mirrors and everything is on low. That's with a 1080GTX and i5-4690K. Hopefully you have better luck figuring it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah would like to play RRRE vr but really not enough time to stuff about finding what is up with it. The little time I do get I end up playing pC2 - it works flawlessly & brilliant in vr. I am sure with some more vr development and when the DX11 update is applied that RRRE will be back on the horizon for me as it still has a few brilliant tracks I really enjoy like Macau, Zandvoort, Salzburgring, Sachsenring & Paul Ricard - not in pC2 unfortunately. The latest RR scandy tracks are bit short & flat for my liking and I still live in hope few more tracks like Sebring get added but I think that might be a bridge too far due to licensing.

16. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've got a question about the FOV which is shown up on the screen (monitor). The "cam" is pretty close to the window and I want to get it a bit wider back. Is there an option to make a change of it? If you dont knwo what I mean, I can post a video here as well. But would be awesome to fix it to make better videos and streams which are catching the VR feeling =)

regards
    Rooooney

17. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you can adjust the driver-seat-position. Have a look at the secondary controller-profile-settings - there are options to move the position up/down forward/backward. I guess you must assign a key for that...

I'm not sure if you can adjust the FOV for the screen-mirroring...

18. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I play with the Oculus Rift a few weeks now. Overall it works better as expected.
    I don't want to play without anymore :D

What i really miss are the driver names on top of the cars.
    And the contrast in the top timeline is very bad. Primary the gap is not readable.

A optional FOV setting for the screen mirroring will be also nice for recording/streaming. The cam is a bit to close.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I also have a bug when I start in VR Raceroom and then it finishes and restart again my Fanatec CSW is no longer that is only with R3E so usually only helps then PC restart

20. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello, in VR I cannot start a race with AI, I'm not able to click on the continue button. Don't know why but the mouse cursor cannot go over...