Racing@ESR & GearEx - Reminder & Reviews

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von n01sname, 16. April 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You`re welcome :)...btw. I would be a damn hippocrite if I would push slower drivers off track (not very fair_man) and above all, your driving was good - studying your line I just noticed that you don`t drive Oschers frequently (its a tricky track) and most important, you probably used a default setup with less downforce and softer dampers/suspension than me - had a huge advantage midfield (curvy section)...

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I caught a few late races yesterday, not sure how much GearEx was involved in the sessions I entered by that time, Brands Hatch was quite fun, and then Red Bull, which started out with some pretty aggressive driving with alot of bumping but no true ramming or anything, then settled down nicely. Had fun, mid pack in both races

3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Some more good races with the geriatrics last night. At Laguna with the hillclimb icons, I had a decent battle with @Fairman and good fight at the end with Jan Herold. the next races in wtcc cars were very fun as well. It's so nice to race with ppl that don't take unnecessary risks(most of the time).

Seems I'm able to join more races then the ESR group cuz of my work schedule. Can I request more weekend GearEx events? I know there are ESR races on Friday and Saturday, but they are kinda late for me(and the UK and EU guys).

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    With my new job im always available during the day now on top of Thursday and Friday nights, Id like to race more as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Pretty close to reality.

6. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Tim Cannon
    "I had a decent battle with@Fairman"
    Thats very nice saying that, while the truth is the after the first initial laps I realized it was a little naive to race a car with you guys I actually never really raced online or in singleplay (little Hillclimb, little funrace here and there).
    Most of you were up and away already... except for Tim getting re-adapted - so it was just a matter of time until.........well, bit lonesome job as backmarker...but good for the ego :)
    Tbh I was quiet happy that there was no server rotation so that we could switch to something different :rolleyes:

But it turned out last night was my special WTCC night cause I joined later again and had two great races and some decent practice I lacked in the past - just a little lazy to switch from RWD to FWD I guess.

Screenshots later......

PS:Can I request more weekend GearEx events?

Well I have to lay the events more around weekends and Monday /Tuesday changing each week due to changes in my work schedule - so basically yes AND I can unlock those members who want to, to set up
    additional events as well, np with that - you just have to take care of..

• Like Like x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 24. April 2015
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Tim Cannon why did you leave just before qualifying ended at Oschersleben?

I was looking forward to having a good race with you until you left lol.

8. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    got some good news and bad news. I sent an invite to join GearEx to @James Nance (I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty, @Fairman). the good news is he's very clean and very fast :eek: the bad news is you can forget about winning any more races :D

ummm, that could work, but couldn't you just set them up? doesn't matter if you're there or not, does it? I am a lazy man :rolleyes:

I didn't want to leave, but I lost connection and I couldn't get back in time for the race :(

9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Not at all, challenge accepted..;)

10. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Mmhmm I saw, thanks for the invite. A little something to do during the day. I think I drive better in the night than I do during the day concentration wise, so I could suck sometimes :(

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Review GearEx, April 23rd :
    As I already mentioned switching from Hillclimb Icons @Laguna to WTCC last time was a good thing to renew my dedication for Touring Cars, as I lacked some practice in the past.
    At Hungaroring (with full-packed Grid !) the car still felt kinda wobbly first, but during the second half of the race I came to terms with my Seat.
    Slovakiaring was great cause I just did Leatherboard Challenge a few days ago there. Big compliment to all participants btw. : As far as I could tell it was brilliant and clean racing (except for usual race incidents). To the end I caught up with Steve (Gear Grinder) and he did a good job keeping me behind - nice battle ;)
    After countless laps at Oschersleben with DTM I immediately felt comfortable with WTCC, but it seems the track isn`t so popular cause there were just a few drivers left to race at. Oschers can be very annoying due to its tricky Layout, but once you get a decent setup & enough practice its so much fun to ride on...
    Some Screenshots as always (except for Oschers - for unknown reasons RRE crashes when I try to load the vid...)

Cu all on the track ;)

2015-04-25_00004.jpg 2015-04-25_00007.jpg 2015-04-25_00003.jpg 2015-04-25_00014.jpg 2015-04-25_00017.jpg 2015-04-25_00020.jpg 2015-04-25_00025.jpg 2015-04-25_00026.jpg 2015-04-25_00028.jpg 2015-04-25_00038.jpg 2015-04-25_00039.jpg 2015-04-25_00043.jpg 2015-04-25_00044.jpg 2015-04-25_00050.jpg

Btw. If you wanna pronounce Oschersleben correctly (englishspeaking) say :
    "Usherslaybin" :)

• Like Like x 4
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 25. April 2015
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I love the moto sport track, underrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  14. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
  15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Joined some of the guys from ESR last night (I think :rolleyes:), plenty of good racing to be had in the DTM '92 cars, there did seem to be a lot of, shall we say, overly aggressive driving though, I know A.Senna was there but this time it was other drivers forcing their way past. Hopefully, it wasn't any of our guys (ESR/GearEX).
    Hard to tell without knowing who's who lol.

Last race for me was at Portimao, became undriveable after the first few corners due to severe stuttering despite stable frame rates (61-74fps), so I left lol.

Cheers guys.
    (I'm Dave Boon in RaceRoom by the way)

16. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Saw you last might (actually first thing this morning for me), I dropped into that Portimao race during practice for about one lap before I decided I needed to leave and calibrate my new set up more before I was fit to go online (new load cell brakes, but I kept going through corners...gotta find that sweet spot). Saw a certain A.Senna there too. Saw the D. Boon bit, and thought it might be this guy lol:-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/4169.html

Famous ex Cricket player down here.

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    lol, I've actually met Mr Boon, I used to live around the corner from Ian Botham, his daughter (Becky) was a friend, he was at a BSkyB party Ian was hosting, I'm not him though although I'd love his money lol, I'm done name dropping now by the way....

David Gower
    Kenny Dalglish
    Elton John

:p

18. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Fast crowd mate. Can't match Elton John, that's pretty well a name drop grand slam. Met Dennis Lillee many moons ago, pink shirt (Or was it mauve) and bad aftershave, such was the '70s.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    They're all just people at the end of the day, they have just done a little better than us :)

I owe an apology, just watched back the replays from last night, most of the incidents were my own doing :confused:, little mistakes and lack of awareness on my part. Sorry gents, especially if you were any of the few who happened to be caught up in my "moments" :oops:

@Andy Kettler, good race at Nurburgring, enjoyed chasing you down, shame you got caught up in someone else accident on the last lap, could have been an exciting end to the race otherwise :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1.109 / 0 / -0
    Massive lag and slow motion in this race. I never noticed an R3E server beeing crap like this.