Racing@ESR & GearEx - Reminder & Reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Apr 16, 2015.

1. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Today was fun with the group, Gr.5 cars are a blast to race and I love the variety out there.
    Uploaded the first race from today HERE

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I did poor today. lol :) G5 Bathurts...are you having a laugh?

3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Nice race, I love the methodical way you worked through the pack, very cool. I have dreams about driving that well, and then I wake up.............

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Doing what I did took compliance from the others as well...then if you look carefully in my mirrors all that fell apart for the rest

5. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I saw that most of the field fell apart when they saw you in their mirrors, and I can understand that. Basic message is that if you can stay on the track and out of trouble you're in the running. Still think you missed a trick.......when you went off in the first corner you really could have typed, "I wait here little boy"......"next round", and hung around sulking, so you're really not the complete racer yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Oh goodness:D Now I can see memes and slogans been made from that, haha. On a serious note, you are right. Which is what Ive always been saying to people, stay on track and within your limits, you will have better chances at finishing up front. Being consistent and good race craft will go a long way, specially in the typical manner I see in R3E. My biggest attribute I guess is my consistency, Im not always fast but I stay away from trouble and track penalties.

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Seems I'm your polar opposite, consistency is the thing I lack, although I prefer to look at it as staying within my limits, it's just my limits sometimes use more than just the track lol.

3 Really good races last night for me, one with a very fast Mr S.Bull and Mr D.Plummer at Brands Hatch, another at RBR (not sure if any of our guys were there) and a proper quality race at Sachsenring all in the DTM '92 Omega.
    Wanted to upload a replay from Brands and Sachsenring but for whatever reason, I can't capture above 31fps at the moment on any driving view :(

8. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to upload the other two races from GearEx but I didnt think they were as eventful as the first race. Race two at Bathurst would of been good but 1st and 2nd place too each other out on lap two. From there I took the lead and ran with it to the end. Race 3 was from pole with a good challenge from S. Bull as well, but again not as eventful. Group 5 races are usually pure chaos, everyone hanging for dear life.

9. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah James, you were just that little bit faster than I was in that race. Was fun battling for pole with you but I knew then that I wouldn't be able to challenge much. Then the race starts and I must have lost the car like 5 times at the last chicane before start/finish. I eventually realised I was braking far too late. Don't use shadows for brake markers, especially when the times change for the race now! :D

10. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    So funny, I suffer the same issue, time of day change throws a nice curve ball to the race. Have to pay closer attention to the brake markers it seems for us.

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Tim Cannon, @James Nance @Sean Kenney @David Plummer and all

Wreaking Havoc at Mount Panorama

Bathurst : Race Veteran F. Tierd (53, Nissan Skyline) caused a major start crash at yesterday's Group 5 Classic Cup Race.
    "I'm so sorry" he said "It`s just, I have a weak bladder and for that I have a little bottle onboard - just in case you know ? There were thirtyfive seconds left to do what had to be done and, well..... it took me a little longer and above all the zipper jammed ! ! Apologies to all drivers"! he stated obviously devastated.

2015-04-27_00001.jpg 2015-04-27_00004.jpg 2015-04-27_00015.jpg 2015-04-27_00016.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  12. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to catch those aliens up front when you've got junk yard in front of you. Trust me. I speak from experience. o_O:eek::mad:

13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
  14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Reminder: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex#events/154587269057637596

Coming from the "Mixed Class" thread I suggest to have a Multiclass Race @GearEx tomorow.
    I want to leave further events more open as to react more flexible to temporary preferences, newly released content and such.
    And tbh, I actually cannot know what I would like to race anticipating three or four weeks ahead....

Schedule for May is out btw. (click on the calendar for May) :
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex#events

And just for the record again : I can unlock every Geriatric to set up & to take care of races on his own, it`s actually a matter of 5 mins.
    (GearEx is intended as kinda "drivers mutual sub-network")...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  15. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    had a bunch of great racing with both groups this past weekend. After seeing how I did I want to see some birth certificates because there wasnt anything geriatric about some of you fast guys.....I'm looking at you Fairman:rolleyes:

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    us old dudes can get fast when we want to. we just need a nap afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, Bathurst was very geriatric, don`t you think ? :)
    And , yes , you can advance any time even when you`re old !(and getting a regular nap..:D)....

18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Regarding Invitations: If some of you still didn`t get an invitation (or response whatsoever) plz don`t hesitate to send me a note.
    Steam is buggy sometimes and its also important that you unlock your Steam Profile if you`ve set it on "private".
    Others don`t seem to use Steam Chat (where Friends and Groupmembers are displayed) at all (or even look at). Let me say so: If you`re deaf and blind you may not wonder if you don`t get any info/reminder or invitation :)...

19. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Review: Multiclass @Laguna

So finally we started a Multiclass Session like suggested and I was glad a proper number of drivers joined - until Aline Senna visited us again. This time I just let it happen without any comment directed at her. Hoping for the best.And after watching the video I can state that she did, except for the start where it is unclear what exactly happened, cause there was a major lag/connection error of sorts so that its impossible to tell who bumped into whom and why...:)....while Aline indeed took care not just wipe off any opponent in front of her...She stayed for a couple of laps a few secs behind me, than she spun and left the session (just like that :eek: again). I was lucky and could escape the start chaos with the leading pack.
    "Multiclass" well ....but with James Nance riding the Corvette and another fast Ruf Pilot on GTR 2 I actually was happy that I could compete with those two driving a Daytona Prototype myself...Only the leader (Avensen) on his DayPro was able to leave a gap between himself and us ...until he failed and spun after Corkscrew where he came back right in front of me.
    That ruined my own strategy a bit cause we entered second half of the race which is the point where I mostly feel fully adapted to car and circumstances and usually start to ride an attack if I have someone in front of me (the two GTR2)- simply because I know that many drivers start to lose focus to the end, while I took my time, getting warmed up, saving my energy...first Avensen took out the Ruf driver and then he was chasing James(I had the impression he is this typical kind of young gun trying to regain the lead at all cost cause his driving style appeared very aggressive and over-ambitioned. I normally don`t like that kind of behaviour, but as he drove within certain limits- well would like to hear what James and the Ruf driver have to say about it ;) ).
    I stayed back cause I just waited for an incident to happen but both managed to stay on track after a short catfight
    Then we started a couple of G5 Sessions - great Racing. At Salzburg Magnus Stjerneby did a good job to fight James but as James was riding the Fabcar...well you certainly know how that must have ended....while I was chasing Marc (M.Moe) on third position on his Skyline (Skyline vs Silvia) but as I had too much Downforce it was hard work to robb at him and the only chance to get him was at Start/Finish straight...didn`t work out but was really close...

Thx

2015-04-29_00001.jpg 2015-04-29_00004.jpg 2015-04-29_00007.jpg 2015-04-29_00005.jpg 2015-04-29_00004.jpg 2015-04-29_00010.jpg 2015-04-29_00013.jpg 2015-04-29_00016.jpg 2015-04-29_00018.jpg 2015-04-29_00020.jpg 2015-04-29_00021.jpg 2015-04-29_00023.jpg 2015-04-29_00028.jpg 2015-04-29_00026.jpg 2015-04-29_00034.jpg 2015-04-29_00047.jpg 2015-04-29_00053.jpg 2015-04-29_00057.jpg 2015-04-29_00059.jpg 2015-04-29_00060.jpg 2015-04-29_00064.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  20. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    The Multi-class race wasn't too bad I thought. I was a little concerned with the DP drivers since even though they are in a faster car they don't drive it to its full potential then I end up racing them for actual position. I was a bit annoyed at the DP driver who spun me in the corkscrew, both DP's went off on turn 6 I pass both but like usual the DP tries to out brake me immediately into the corkscrew then spinning me in front of everyone. After that it was a hot pursuit after the other quick GTR2 driver in the Ruf. Was a slow but gradual reeling him in but he later made a mistake and went off. Eventually the DP drivers spun I guess and I was in the lead. I did the best I could do to hold the lead, I would of given up the lead more honorably but since he was aggressive with trying to "race" me I thought id make a challenge for him and earn the place instead. He did the typical drive bomb into turn 1 then only to out brake himself and re-pass him. In the end there's only so much I can do. After that it was simply about bringing the car to the finish for 2nd overall.

Race 2 in the Group 5 was fun with Magnus, he did very well in the BMW. I held most of the advantage for that track with the long straights with the Fabcar easily blasting off to create distance. I enjoyed the challenge from Magnus, at the same time I was trying to hold on to the car in a few places, wasnt a clean drive but enough.

• Like Like x 1