Show 'Physics model' version info on car selection screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, Jan 14, 2016.

?

Physics model version info car selection

1. YES

50 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. NO

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As the title suggests, would you like to see the physics model version (number etc) like Assetto corss in Racerooms car selection screen. i forever see thread and questinos on here and RD about peoples confusion over what cars have the updated physics. It would be massively helpful to newcomers and the like.

Or even filter car selection by 'physics model' or by 'content owned' or something.

Of course S3 would then have to designate the new physics a number or how about how apple do it after animals or names. Maybe we could name the physics models after famous corners, tracks or drivers? "physics model HILL. etc

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    If all the cars had updated physics you wouldnt have to worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see specs, power torque weight....

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    nah .. don`t show it .. just update all cars ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats all well and good saying "just update all the cars" buts its something clearly they can't achieve in the near future quickly. So for now as theres mixed models out there a descriptive note is the only way forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they should put a warning on the box before you buy, THESE CARS DRIVE BUT NEED TO BE UPDATED cause they feel real crappy as they are!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Your constant grumbling gets quite annoying, kid!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    kid? geez i wish mate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

they dont feel at all crappy ; thats for sure ; i redrive them often both in public and testing side ; maybe a tweak is needed on the setup or on the wheel ; but after that they are all good fun ....

really confused why you bother playing the game with your constant negative posts ; if i disliked something as much id move on

Andi

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    As for Dan ....; there is no hope ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RRE in BETA right?

so im trying to give constructive criticism to make features or parts of the game better. Dont like it dude dont buy a beta!/ :)

To add - if i/few of us, didnt kick up a stick about the floaty handling in the first place you would probably have the same crappy handling of the old cars....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    90% of the guys in here do not have a problem with the old physics.
    Just u and your squad...\m/

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think the dtm2014 and gr5 cars are ace, I don't get the floaty thing at all. You sure there's nothing weird going on at your end?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thing is Msportdan that you head into a car with the belief that it should drive like this , and also with your constant tweaking to get it to feel like Ac/Gsc/pcars or whatever on your wheel ; and when you fail its the games fault

1st things first ; all logitech wheels of older stock are noisy ,rattly and have a hole in the centre that can only be cured by adding false info to fix it ...(this is in testing now)
    then you head of with your car and instead of practicing and learning it you give up and come and post some negative stuff about the car ... then 10 posts later in the 3rd thread you have started about it you finally start to see the light

breathe deep ; take some time and learn instead of imposing what you believe it should be

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry but if you think the dtm 14 cars are fine.... gr5 maybe okay cause the nature of those cars,

and i think theres something wrong on your end lol

and andi the only way i come back to the thread is to share the hours work off ffb settings that you have to find to get the cars feeling right...p.s i have a t300 gte. still no car has the steering input/output of the old handling,why do you think the devs changed them oh maybe because the real race drivers toild them they were crap.. no?

anyway this isnt a "old car physics thread" and i wont get sucked into that topic>!

...again.

16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I dont dislike it at all, im sure ive made that clear.
    As for constant negative posts, what do you guys want, everyone to come on here and suck up telling the world how great the game is when the fact is it is how great the game could be?
    There are negative points to the game, there are things i just dont like about it, so we pretend we didnt notice them and say nothing or dont voice the fact there is something you dont like about it.
    If all you want to read is good positive stuff then hit the ignore button, i have no issue with that, another thought, why have an open forum where people post their thoughts and opinions if it is going to offend people or they get on their clever high horse and try and put you down or belittle you cause you dared to question something about the game and its development.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if only this was an AC forum

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lol isnt that a point of a beta tester?? lol maybe some are doing it wrong.

19. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Can you show me where's your constructive criticism here? Or was just a gratuitous bash? Please, really cause I'm so interested in eviscerating the unfathomable meaning of what you posted there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    hmm I`m with Dan on this one .. they feel undrivable to me ... maybe DTM 94 is drivable (untill you drive some of those new ones, I guess 900 degree rotation of steering help a bit to reduce that effect but wait for GTOs if they will be on new physics/FFB and you`ll see how terrible it really is) ... today I unintentionaly run prototype class and my driving was just guessing what is going on ... like: ok, so if i`m on fast boat I would turn about here and sway right back and again countersteer the wave, try to keep it straight, ok I`m not steering, why it is floating, hold on, good, got it, oh crap another turn .. sway, float, feel the ocean ...
    And same goes for DTMs, GT2s, GTXs, ...all of them .. some are bad, some are worst ...

And argument about logitech wheels ... yep g27s dead zone is not helping but DFGT has basically no dead zone and more importantly updated physics/FFB feels perfect, just like other sims .. so it is hard to blame wheel ...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016