Show 'Physics model' version info on car selection screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, Jan 14, 2016.

?

Physics model version info car selection

1. YES

50 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. NO

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    but the physic engine is only one. I think it's only some tweek in suspensiun and default setup, I don't think there are differents tyre models. Recently rf2 has updated stock cars and Dallara, I don't think there are people complaining about others cars

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, yeah, there are actually. But there aren't just two (new and old) there are many different ones at work now.

EDIT: Well not in terms of completely different base model used in the engine if that's what you meant, but they have been tweaked heavily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  3. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    this game has gone a long way and improved so much.physics have gone from flimzy or floaty very close to awesomeness.
    to just show physics model would be like patching clothes,s3 should update all the old content with new physics.
    that way theyd show that they value peoples money spent also they could make new sales.actually their already updating old stuff,gt3s and prototypes are great,hope they continue this way

4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    when did they update prototype? .. last week they were still old and floaty.. did I miss update?

5. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No contradiction. Yet I can see how people could get the wrong impression.

Personal opinion. The car felt like a boat to me. I personally find a car that sails is unusable. That's enough proof for my own satisfaction.

I certainly don't recall implying I wanted a "one feel for all cars".

My fault obviously for not specifying what "similar quality" means in this context.

Christian it appears you have viewed my post emotively and not objectively as it was written, and as such taken unnecessary umbrage from that. My apologies.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's absolutely no need to apologize, but as I said it sounded a bit like you were trying to make a legal case for there being some fraudulent intent here. You seem to know law, so I suppose you know that a good faith purchase wouldn't apply here as the seller wasn't witholding any information (and that it mostly only applies to insurance cases anymore, hence the analogy).

And as for the "unusable" bit and that being your personal opinion, of course it is. But for me that's essentially the same as buying a real car. If you buy a real car without testdriving it and then try to return it on grounds of it not feeling the way you would have expected it to, the seller has no legal obligation to take it back and I believe every judge would agree that it was your own "fault" for not using the opportunity to test it. There's nothing wrong with the car, it's perfectly usable for everything it is intended to be used for.

Everything else I explained already, a - little over the top - attempt at sarcasm and I still hope it didn't come across hostile.

Cheers

Christian

7. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It certainly wasn't my intention to claim fraudulence, but I can see how it would appear so. It's simply a misunderstanding based on crossed purposes.

No offense intended, no offense received :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Great, ditto. :)
    And I hope that the coming months will please you and everybody else, also about how S3S deals with the earlier content.

Cheers

Christian

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    You're a gentleman and a great resource on these forums Christian.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :oops:
    Look what you've done now. ;)
    Thanks, I honestly hope everybody knows that I respect everyone and their opinion, even if I sometimes express my dissent in a straight forward or humoristic way. I never intend to mock or insult anybody, just giving my personal point of view and trying to be reasonable.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Get a room guys!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0