Bug Sick of jumping through hoops trying to get gamepads to work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sayjimwoo, May 31, 2016.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    If ever I format my system the only game that gives me grief after reinstalling, is Raceroom.
    I have been trying to get my Xbox One Controller to work for 3 hours now and it doesn't matter if I create a profile because it picks it up as a keyboard. I can change the keyboard keys within my so called newly created controller profile, but If I try to assign my gamepad it doesn't respond.
    I have deleted all profiles/ reinstalled the game/ unplugged/plugged in my controller but the result is NOTHING.
    It clearly shows as a device but it will not activate it. The newly created profile shows as a keyboard, when I clearly created a gamepad controller.
    The guys who are working on this game need to get back to basics. There are threads galore on the internet that have this problem, why have you not resolved this controller problem in 3 years? There is no excuse!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  3. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The process of setting up a profile for an unsupported controller can indeed be quite troublesome. Sorry about that.

That's because the only currently active keybindings in that profile are keyboard keys. Once functions are assigned to another controller, that controller will be listed along with the keyboard in the profile.
    Of course, that doesn't help you all that much as you say that you're unable to assign any functions to your game pad. I think there's a risk that this simply is because you're using a Xbox One controller, which we've had nothing but trouble with.

There is something odd in their drivers that just doesn't play nice with our game on certain computers. For example, we just had a try here in the office and had no problem assigning functions to the game pad.

One thing we'd like to know is whether you're able to control the mouse cursor with your left thumbstick. It'd give some indication whether inputs are being picked up or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !
    I use an XOBX 360 Controller and i have no problems with it. Is that only a problem with XBOX One Controllers ?

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this issue is restricted to Xbox One Controllers.