That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Finally someone with authority...

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You're certainly a more patient man than I am. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mann, du schon wieder? Wilst du wie gestern und letzte Woche auf wieder was mampfen?

Ja, klar. Gerne.

OK, warte aber kurz. Hier kommt ein neuer Kunde. Was wünschen Sie?

Hm, von allem was sie haben ein Stück.

OK, sagen wir 50 EUR.

Und jetzt zurück zu dir altem Hasen. Was willst du gleich nochmal?

Ähm...auch alles für 50 EUR.

Nenene, so haben wir nicht gewettet. Das gilded doch nicht für dich, der du uns seit Jahren deine Kohle in den Asch bläst.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Your own analogy is also poor. The original analogy made more sense. Here is a more realistic scenario:

- you receive coupon/coupon book in the mail for McDonalds.
    - each coupon is one time use/limited time
    - you go and use them, and you get like say 50% off the price (so Big Mac meal for say 4 euro instead of 8 euro)
    - later, be it a few months later, or perhaps every month, you get another coupon book in the mail

Alternate scenario, that I think makes even more sense:

- you receive coupon book in the mail (let's say they are only ever one time)
    - you go and use them, you pay 4 euro for a Big Mac meal
    - much later, you realize that they don't send out coupon books anymore, but you think to yourself, that's okay, 8 euros isn't too bad
    - later you and your friend go back to McDonalds, only to find out that in fact, you cannot buy a Big Mac meal for 8 euros, because that's a bundle discount. In fact, you have to pay 7 euro for big Mac, 3 euro for drink and 4 euro for fries, so if you want the "Big Mac meal", it's actually 14 euros. Wait a second.. this doesn't seem right?

As someone that lives somewhere where McDonalds mails me coupons, I can tell you they mail me a new set of coupons every 2 months or so, and you can get the "meal discount" at any given time. RaceRoom offers the "pack purchase" one time, and this is where their system fails and causes this much annoyance with its customers. Like I said, just look at other games. If a new expansion pack or new DLC comes out for a new game, they don't make this DLC part of an older pack where existing customers can't repurchase the pack. The pack purchase one time makes sense if once they created a pack, that was it, and later it'd be different packs (i.e. GTR3 2017 pack comes out at end of 2017, in 2018 you can purchase GTR3 cars individually, or at the end of the year in the GTR3 2018 pack).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @MustangSVT Your idea of "making more sense" is obviously very different from mine.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is precisely what myself and others are asking for. We are not asking for a handout, or even a loyalty discount or anything of the sort. A loyalty discount would be nice of course, but that's not what's really being discussed here. What we are asking for is the opportunity for fairness when purchasing new DLC content. This means that either they should allow us to re-purchase the packs, or create new packs for new DLC bundles.

As I mentioned before in the thread, I would even be okay with paying full price again for the packs even if I own some of it already. It would mean that I just have to be patient and decide when an appropriate time to re-buy the pack is. But none of these are options at the moment. I'd even be fine with only being given the option to repurchase the premium pack at full price (65 euro/65 usd).

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The difference is that your example is unrealistic. Your example implies that the standard McDonalds prices are unreasonable to begin with, and that there's a one time coupon out there that somehow makes them reasonable. The way I described it is how it actually works. If McDonalds had a "one time coupon" out there that somehow made it 90% discount off meals, you bet your ass people would go out of their way to pretend they're a new customer every time they walk into McDonalds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Case
    Same as i told sbtm yesterday...YOU KNOW NOTHING, DUDE !!!
    You are member/customer of Raceroom since 24.03.2016 (Check your Raceroom Profile)
    So dude, why do you discuss in this thread with the long term customers and defend something you can´t talk about ?
    You are all, but surely not a loyal long term raceroom customer!

Again: YOU KNOW NOTHING. Check your purchases . That is really unbelievable !

What a Troll!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what's so difficult to understand, so perhaps here is an even simpler explanation. RaceRoom isn't the only racing game out there. There are other games out there, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, rFactor 2, Automobilista. These other racing games (along with other video games in general), tend to present a better pricing system. Quick examples:

Assetto
    - new content is released in new packs, you can purchase new pack for like $10-$15
    - eventually new pack goes on sale, so those patient can new buy the content at a discount, early adopters pay early adopter tax
    - in case of Porsche Packs, they bundled the 3 together into 1 Porsche Pass

Automobilista
    - same as above, except they also have "Season Pass"

iRacing
    - subscription cost (usually $110/year, $200/2 years)
    - new members get discount on the initial price of the subscription
    - separate content cost (like RaceRoom), $15 per track, $12 per car
    - loyalty discount (if you purchase 6 things at once 15% off, 40+ content club is 20% off, all content owner gets like 30% off)

Other video games
    - similar system to Assetto
    - in some cases, also season pass or game of the year edition that comes with everything
    - in case of MMOs, you generally just have to buy newest expansion version and that's it

In case of fast food comparison:

McDonalds & KFC
    - meal discount versus purchasing burger/fries/drink separately
    - family meal discounts (i.e. $20 for family meal at KFC, lets you get big pack of chicken with multiple drinks, etc)

RaceRoom
    - one time all content discount for new members (Pro/Premium pass)
    - one time pack discount for people that haven't purchased pack before
    - new content seemingly gets bundled in older packs in case of GT3
    - 18% bundle discount when buying separate stuff on their shop
    - if you already own a pack, must purchase new stuff individually (no pack discount)

If RaceRoom was the only player on the market, maybe this type of practice would be okay. But as it happens, RaceRoom is not the only game in town. Again, to go back to the McDonalds comparison since you seemed to understand this one, imagine if McDonalds only gave the "10 piece McNuggets" price for first time customers or the meal discounts for first time customers, and after that, said "well you already purchase 10 piece McNuggets before, now you have to pay each mcNugget individually at the cost of $1 each". This type of practice is not okay, so how does it make it okay for RaceRoom to tell existing customers you can't bundle new content together?

The weird thing here is that RaceRoom already sort of figured this out. Look at WTCC, they made a new pack for 2017. Why can't they do the same for the GT3 pack or the new tracks? Is that really asking for so much? All that's being asked here is that "brand new content" is bundled together in a logical pack, that allows "older" customers to make reasonable purchases, rather than being forced to pay full price for each individual item. We expect this kind of thing for multiple reasons -> 1) other games do this (offer bundles for new stuff), 2) RaceRoom already did this by offering the packs we've purchased so far, 3) RaceRoom already split new stuff with WTCC/ADAC GT Masters/DTM. So why can't they bundle new stuff together?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    The clever burger analogies are making me hungry :oops:

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It there truly is something unbelievable, it's your apparent hobby of looking up and posting other people's profiles, thinking you will somehow invalidate their opinions. Well, be my guest, as long as you enjoy.

Do tell, though - what's the date of approval on before he is allowed to post an opinion in this thread, according to you? And how much does he have to spend?

You talking of trolls is the perfect example of kettle calling the pot black.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    dude, your profile is PUBLIC ! and your link to YOUR homepage is public, too.
    So YOU give up your privacy. all i linked is just public information, can be read from everybody and from everywhere!

protect your privacy - think that before you post ;):):D

by the way: i love the internet - it just does not forget anything and nobody :D:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Being proud of yourself frantically searching for information about other people because you apparently haven't got any arguments left... Mkay... Everybody their own hobby I guess... :tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Dear forum members,
    may I introduce myself?
    My name is Stefan Meyer, I'm 50 years old, I'm driving in RaceRoom since March, 24. 2014, my VRP stock amounts to 8061 VRPs. My account name is Anneliese Haßler according to my beloved grandmother.
    My last purchase was Audi TT RS VLN on May, 24. this year, and I'm waiting for the right moment to catch the Premium Pack.

Let me say one thing.
    Enough is enough.
    You are doing harm to this forum and to Raceroom Racing Experience.
    Your behaviour is partially insulting. Your analogies are ridiculous.
    We've seen an epic update of the game with lots of additions to the sim and all I read is complaints about pricing and fairy tales of hamburgers.
    If you want to continue with this discussion, do it in civilized way, though I think it won't lead to anywhere.
    One word to the newer members, this forum is differnt. You can find help and guidance here. Do not let you be put off by this.
    We can enjoy an unmoderated forum here with all the freedom to give an opinion. And I'm sure no other or at least very few studios admitted this like S3S does. So please do not disregard the rules of fairness and decency.

Well, these are my thoughts about this thread.
    Cheers, keep on racing.

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I've seen this on Facebook people have no more argument and goes on someone profile to make fun of a picture or read a previous post to have something else to attack the person with. It's a little sad

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    no, but i it legitim to show how long someone is a customer!
    and nearly all of the hardlining defenders are no longterm customers (only 1-1,5 years membership).

but they defend something what they can not judge ! that's really stupid and unfair, just to troll and make fun of real criticism!
    and then it is right to refer to the public (!!!!!!!!!) profile, so that everyone can clearly see that they just trolling. they can´t
    defend the view of a long-term buyer....

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @Captain Slow Oh, I wasn't talking about privacy at all. I'm well aware of what information about me is publicly available (mostly because I put it there myself), don't you worry. If you thought I feel like you're some great internet hacker that just doxxed me, that really wasn't the case, I'm sorry to say. I was more talking about your obsessive need *to even go looking for that information in the first place* just because you feel it will somehow give you an upper hand on some random stranger in a random forum discussion or make someone's opinions less relevant.

And, more importantly, you didn't answer my question.

But @fischhaltefolie is right, this should stop, so I'll stop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    haha, really strange thought
    Besides that little joke you just managed to contribute nothing to this thread

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.