That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    ok here is my two cent and a point that many of you have made.

I have personally spent over 300$ on this game and i am still missing some content.
    How hard is it to understand that someone like me who has been supporting this game since the start should have a little candy. You know a little thank you for being loyal.
    Instead we have to pay full price to get access to the new shinny stuff because we were "suckers" for spending that much in the first place?

Like someone highlighted earlier, instead of buying the newer content it would be cheaper for him to make a second account and buy again the premium pack. How does that make any sense ? Instead of encouraging the user that spent so much they are making them feel like suckers.

A simple look at someone account would reveal how much they have spent and could in turn give them a small % of their next item. not that hard.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    again, you do not understand anything. i am a willing paying customer!

@Christian Göpfert
    only the community can change things, single criticism directly fizzles unheard

and as the discussion shows, there are more customers with my opinion....

3. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    You have disqualified yourself to post anything of meaning in this thread

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you have no humour

5. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    you either

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    my second name is humour.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thankfully it is not you who decides that.
    Do you actually think anybody from Raceroom in the position to change the pricing is going to read through these threads?
    I agree that one person complaining won't change anything, but you - the part of the community that is unhappy - should know where to concentrate your criticism towards and I for one believe that an in-box filled with single complaint mails leaves a much greater impression than some flustered complaints in a public forum thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, you did that yourself. :D

9. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    i think sector3 and raceroom will read this thread. otherwise that would be very bad for the future. every publisher and game producer should read and hear to the "problems" and concerns of the community and the customers.
    that's why there is always a community manager or a community managent...

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, and I just decided that I didn't. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you're probably just a fart in the wind for the raceroom executives... although you seem to think of yourself as a storm.

So better stop farting here around and start your storm where it hits the responsible people for your dilemma.

But I think the general concerns are already recognized. It was the same with the packs. People wanted packs.. then they got them... now the packs are not good enough anymore.. so maybe there's a change coming this time too.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think most people understand this and completely agree with you. I know I personally agree that some sort of loyalty discount would be nice and much appreciated.

However, Sector3 just doesnt have that power to make that decision from my understanding.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Where is a Moderator when you need one!!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    i think you need much more "flower power" in krefeld mr. b. menger.... :D:p
    dude, you are member in raceroom since 02.01.2016... so i think you know nothing.
    i am a loyal raceroom member since several years and i spent many, many euros in that sim !!

and my second name is humour, too :);):)

but by the way: should we start a official online petition for raceroom to change that?
    you can then draw attention to this in the various sim racing forums/communities, facebook and youtube ?

unlike then "fart in the wind"....???

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  15. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Who has raceroom from the beginning has already spent a lot of money on this racing game. It continues to pay extra for a track or racing car. And the price quickly rises for who was there in the beginning.:oops:

I am already a big 300 euro lost in Raceroom. Because you have to buy again and again to have new cars or track.:rolleyes:

Who will start racing race now is a big winner in the prize. A PREMIUM PACK for the price of € 39.88. 115 cars and 35 tracks. Super price.:);)

Because another racing game will cost € 50 soon. But it is completely finished. And sometimes the price goes down on Steam. So now I have also bought WRC7 for 18 euros in reduction. But this immediately remains a complete rally game with a single expense.:D

It is reported in the forum, working hard on raceroom, people also cost money to make all this and to reassemble. Ok, fully agree.
    But for one of the first drivers at Raceroom the costs continue to rise.:(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    wow i'm surprised you took the effort and time to stalk me. you got nothing better to do with your time?

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    That is an ongoing issues with R3E's business model where I still kinda do not want to buy the GTR3 pack because I do not want to exhaust my only option to obtain a lot of GT3s at cheap price. Since the pack is only buyable once.

At the end, my first 10,000 vRP got me far more stuff than my current second 10,000 vRP. The first 10,000 vRP allowed me to complete almost all the available classes in the game right out of the box with literally all the cars, tracks and liveries in 2015. However, the second 10,000vRP got me a handful of cars (F4, F2, TT VLN, M235i, 650S, M6) with 1 liveries along with 7 new tracks that most of them are those cheap Sweedish tracks for 4500 vRP. That is all bought on a sale which lowers the cost a bit.

I really think this is not fair for long time customers because I do not think this is the way the game should go forward. A business should be designed to keep existing customers happy, not only trying to cater potential new customers. Personally, I think the cost of buying a car with all it's liveries should be lower a bit to 500 or 600 vRP as it is so overpriced to buy out a car's liveries. If not, a long time player loyalty discount would be nice.

I do not mind paying like $100 to R3E every year but at this rate, I think $10,000 vRP wont be able to get me all the new awesome content that is released this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I know right ? Might just wait a year and get the all content on a different account for 65$ ... Really makes no sense

I have zero issue paying money for something I enjoy ( and I do enjoy the game a lot ) but it's the feeling of not getting a good deal after being a loyal supporters and a pretty big cheerleader for them :/

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, they can offer free dlc because everyone that plays the game had to buy the game in order to play. So Kunos already made money from the player.

Since RR is F2P, giving out free content results in no money coming in. You can argue that more free content may convert a F2P player into a paying player, but that is beyond the scope of the point here.

Also, RR has weekly discounts and a few half off sales a year :p

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    At the end, it is the feeling of dissatisfactions and getting a worse deal that had really impacted me from enjoying the game to it's fullest. The core driving, content and features are pretty damn good, it is always the business model that sticks out worse than a sore thumb.

IMO, they should capitalise on the loyal players because they are the ones that spend the most money on the game compared to a new player that bought a Premium Pack. The last thing you want is the loyal players to feel ripped off as that will drive them to other games than staying and keep spending on your game. AC managed to built a massive fanbase in a short time is partly because how well they managed to make a buyer feel like they got a better end of the deal than many other games. R3E on the other hand, it feels like they are only focused on the whales or those who are willing to buy one car at a time than vast majority of us who always want a better deal. I am not saying R3E should run like AC, however, at least make the loyal players feel less ripped off than what it is at the moment.

Is there a way to detach a R3E account from a Steam account? I had been thinking of buying a new account every Black Friday would net me a better deal at the end.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.