The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Fixed! :)
    It turned out there was a lot of extra files in weather folder, I'm pretty sure they came with some mod.

2. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys I was wondering does anyone have any settings for the TC-PC Racer wheel by Assetto Corsa for Project Cars 2? I am having a hard time tuning it in, due to being a newbie when it comes to sim racing. Thanks.

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    With such a specific question you probably have better chances in Kunos' official forum. They have several threads for individual wheels, though possibly none for yours. Still, asking there is free.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    i have TS-PC racer and i have in trhust panel
    everything at 100, in the game INFORMATIVE FFB and all at 50% (default), and it's perfectly perfect !
    in fact i have everything at default :)

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you do not drown realistic actual feedback from tyre-track interaction with just canned effects, Tony. When FFB gets drowned by canned effects that tells you that a flat curb feels the same like a steep curb, while actually calculated (uncanned) FFB would not be noticable in the first case while a giant kicks your tyres in case of the second example, than something is wrong, and what you feel my be attractive to your perception, but it is unrealistic.

In modern cars you simply should not feel many curbs in the steering, only those beyond a certain steepness.

6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird He prefers to play with huge clipping. :s Or maybe that was a troll...
    But notice that FFB goal is not to reproduce what we feel in a real car, but to give informations that our body can't feel in front of a computer. :)
    That said, what one wants to feel in his FFB is a personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, yes to all of that. And that is the reason why quite some people switch off all canned effects together: so that they only get feedback that indeed comes from calculated interaction between tyre and track, not getting distorted or even drowned by canned effects at all.

I liked strong, ovedonbe effects mysekf with the G27, probbaly becasue the wheel had weaker FFB in general. Since I have my new CSL Elite PS4, I have learned to appreciate far more subtelty in FFB. But then, the G27 was not capable of that subtelty.

If you have a vlauable and strong wheel, imo the way to go is to have minimal canned effects, and calculated FFB as high as possible without permanently being in the clipping range of intensity.

The differene between canned and calculated effects is like this:

You hit a curb, as an exmaple, an dthe canned effect says "Warning, you hit a curb, this is a curb." You hit a shallow curb that is almost just painted on the flat tarmac, and the canned effect says "Warning, you hit a curb, this is a curb". And then you hit a third curb, a real biting, steep one, lets say one of those wheel wreckers there are on some parts of the Nordschleife, and the canned effect says "Warning, you hit a curb, this is a curb".

The calculated effect says when you roll over the first curb "Okay, that was a curb, don't worry, just wanted you to know." When you roll over the second, shallow curb, the calculated effect says: "Hm, what do you mean? I noticed nothing." And when you roll over the mean third curb that tries to kick your tail off the track, the calculated effect says "Holy squid, that was like a cruise msisile hitting or rear tyre, you better don'T do that again, else you go off track in a looping sooner rather than later."

In both cases, the car physics will do and react the same way, but the driver sgets the three curbs totally differently described and assessed by the FFB he feels via the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Did you use a smartphone/tablet for typing that text, @Skybird?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, typos are due to my too fast typing and lack of patience. You don't teach an old dog new tricks. :D I type faster than I can talk.

And it shows...

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Anyway, further development of Assetto has been ceased.

11. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, I was just surprised because you write long texts that usually doesn't contain typos :p

Rest In Peace AC.

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If so, I would not really be surprised. They said already during Early Access that they plan to support AC until 2018. And we are in the last week of 2017. The most demanded features, rian and night, cannot be done with AC.

I always assumed that around this time now they maybe would stop with AC, and turn for somethign new.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Such posts originally cannot exist, its against my nature. Its just that when I cannot understand my own writing anymore, I curse and start correcting it. Not good for my blood pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah, now I see what you mean, I had not noticed it before.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2251546048205034&id=305504559475869

So okay, yes, AC development has been stopped. Not due to emergency of any kind, of mismanagement or anything, but pretty much according to plan and reason.

They went a long way with AC that was not to be forseen in 2013, and exceeded hopes and expectations. And wasn't it a formidable voyage...!? To me, it was, I'm certain.

And the best is: this is no funeral. What there is - is here to stay!

Race on, guys, race on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  16. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Probably just means they are moving onto Assetto Corsa 2.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In how far? Why?

I mean its not as if AC 1.16.2 as of today gets opulled form the market, it remains in the wild - and is the most played racing sim on steam in 2017, and was that in 2016 as well, I think. Its the to-go-sim for quick, stable online races currently, and it offers one advanatge that Raceroom has not: it runs offline, without internet connection or Steam several down.

AC is there to stay much longer with us. One day it maybe will die, but it will be a slow, hard death, and unlikely it will be comnpleted before AC2.

IF there will be an AC2. I do not take that for granted, they have indicate din past two years on random occasions that Stefano might be interested in other things, too. I guess chances for an AC2 are 51 : 49. At Kunos forum they currently place bets on Tennis, and Sailing. Both have been mentioned by Stefano in the past. :) And painting, he said. :D

He also plays the guitar... LOL.

18. Greedo

Greedo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Why do you think they stop developing AC? I couldn`t read anything specific about it.

19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
  20. Greedo

Greedo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Oh, thanks for the info, i didnĀ“t know that. :)