The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    this is true. many cars are offset in reality. It's just modeled correctly, if you like it or not.

turn on headlights at day in your real car. do you see anything illuminated on the streets.
    Of course they shut off ANY illumination by the headlights at day because it's worthless to give performance to such a subtle thing.

yeah, I really don't know why they did this. Very weird.

In this case I think you are the one who doesn't understand the settings. WM to 0 fixes the view to the horizon. WM to 100 fixes the view to the car. Find something in between that suits you. I have it something around 90

I don't have these issues :confused: maybe play around with some different GFX settings.

Weird water textures also caught my eyes. You can also seem them at long beach.

It was even said by SMS that they sacrificed visual effects and more eye candy for sake of Livetrack 3.0 working with high fidelity. For more eye candy etc they had to reduce fidelity of LT3.0 by 50%, but they decided against better visuals. That's no secret.
    Shouldn't this be something simracers are happy about? You see them everywhere saying that graphics are not important, "the physics" matter etc.
    Personally I don't care about all these things. pcars2 looks fantastic for me, but if it would look worse I wouldn't care too much. Only thing that annoys is the AA and some repeating road textures.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    If you use the 'look down' to see the base of the virtual wheel (which I turn off) you will notice that in a lot of cases the base is pointing straight towards you (90°) but positioned to the left or right. Please tell me how that can be correct ? If the base is offset left or right and is pointing towards you like it is (angled so to say), that would be correct.
    Btw: my father had a Merc 300 SEL, which I used a lot and while the wheel was slightly directed to the left, I could still see the gauges through the wheel where they were supposed to be (e.g.)
    Like they are in game, guys using VR, or controllers are not (or less) affected, as are guys who have their screen (too) far from their eyes. But in my (and several others) case, this is an issue, a big one even. The answer I got at the forum when asking for a possibility to save the settings using Ctrl-K - to move the real wheel or even the monitors on my rigg was simply ridiculous !

Yes. Headlights show at the back of a car in front, they also show in tunnels. They did in pCars 1.

OK, I think you did not read or understand what I wrote.
    At 0 the horizon is NOT fixed. It still moves (be it a lot less than at 100), but it shudders in all directions when going over a crest or driving downhill (Cadwell, Ring, Bathurst, Sonoma, Laguna etc...). Above that, the dash moves from neutral to "under" my screens to halfway my screens. There is no way that happens IRL.
    The shuddering which gives me (and a lot of others) nausea, is present in any setting from 0 to 100.
    Around 28 is the best I could find, but the horizon is still moving, the world shudders and the dash moves too much.
    Using RHM (or changing camera files) in AC, RF2, R3E and AMS give me the exact view I want/need. pCars 2 DOES NOT give me that possibility.

I do.

We are 2017.
    Everything matters, physics as well as graphics. Others can/may think different, but that is my opinion, as good or bad as anyone elses.
    The tracks looked a lot better in pCars1, as did the skins of several cars, djeeez..it looks like if they are from years ago. If this is all for performance sake; it's very sad imo.

I really liked pCars 1. I had a few issues when I was still on console, no issues in the PC version. I even got the FFB how I wanted it. In pCars2 that was easier, physics are better too, but there are so much issues and (imo wrong) design choices that I have a really hard time liking the sequel, I'm sorry to have to say that.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the horizon is fixed but maybe you think of a horizon you see in the distance, it's not the case here. when you drive uphill the view will point down relatively to the car (or just being fixed to one horizontal line). Do you have camera shake (highspeed shake) enabled in the camera options??

blame the consoles.. they had to work with the same hardware they had for pcars1.. but with new massive underlying systems (one cpu core on consoles exclusively for the tire model now) it shouldn't be a surprise that they had to make sacrifices in other regards. Sorry to say that but you sound like you're better off with Forza 7 or GT Sport. They don't have to deal with high CPU and memory demanding components so they can spend more budget for polygons etc.

ok how important is a tiny headlight glow reflection on the car in front in a race at daylight? and how many tunnels are there to justify headlight illumination at daylight to have an impact on performance?

what design choices are you talking about?
    I was there when they made design choices, I also was able to vote on design choices (Gold). All choices that were made were either due to memory (hardware) limitations or what would satisfy more players or what the team thinks would better suit the title (LT3.0 vs better graphics for example).
    You cannot please everyone, you can only try to please most of them.
    People need to understand that there are limitations in the development... money, manpower, hardware (memory is a huge factor), time... in the end it was more important to get the physics system (tires, livetrack, ffb etc) right than anything else...

Priorities you certainly don't agree with :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @nate could you elaborate with what facts you disagree? It seems you just don't like anything "positive" written about pcars2 o_O (while posting facts and explaining why things are like they are isn't really something you can call positive)

5. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Again: read and understand. There is no way the WM in pCars resembles what I see IRL. And no, I have every movement disabled. Go read the topics and you'll see there are a lot of people complaining about it...

Don't be condescending, please. For me R3E, rF2, AMS and even AC are better sims for the moment. .
    SMS was going to make the "uber" sim and that turned out badly, dumbing all down for a few good improvements.

I liked it in pCars1 and while it may be minor, it is a shame it has been taken away (like a lot of other stuff). It was part of the immersion that was great in pC1.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Always on the Edge :p:D:rolleyes:

8. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I've not really touched pCars2 since getting it. I only really wanted it for VR because pCars1 was a great VR experience. Anyway, I've just installed triple Acer XZ271's this weekend and heard about pCars2 triple screen setup. I've just played around with it and it's great, nice and simple and seems to work like a charm. Here's hoping for something as user friendly from the upcoming triple screen update in R3E

9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Just keeping track: after exactly one month I got an answer from a WMD member.
    Get this:

- spectators and cattle are only present while racing. In free practice they are left out - :rolleyes:

It is true, I checked immediately.
    Now I would understand when it was designed the other way around: when racing you mostly don't take time to admire the surroundings anyway and it would help gain some FPS with a lot of cars on track.
    When in free practice / cruising around and looking at the landscape, alone on track, THEN I would like to see some life...

10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Did some information Laps, yesterday evening with my rift, after i found a - in my opinion - good balanced setup for the game.

Heiland. I dont know what i can say bad about this came. Imersion is phantastic, feeling and sound, too. Have no issues which i can report, but honestly i have to say that i only raced offline against 100 % AI.

Clutch is not my friend :)

And a first ride on the Nords in the 488 GT3 with a stupid beginner error in Ex-Mühle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not very surprising since the damn thing does not work in pCars2 :rolleyes:
    Just forget about it for now (you don't even have to use auto clutch), just slam the gears and it works, no need for rev matching either. It is actually faster atm than using paddles.

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I like it, if the engine stalls after a spin. So i keep it on. While driving is no need to use it anyway.

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  14. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Does anyone run this game on triples with a gtx 1080. Was thinking on getting this gpu. Can you run fairly high settings with rain etc and keep fps up... would Sli be a better option with 2 1080's or just go for the 1080ti. Thanks

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Nividia GTX 980 ti here. Sometimes struggling a bit when all is on high. But lowering some settings to medium does the trick and the visual difference is hardly noticeable. But I'm lucky to hit 60-70 FPS when rain/snow is involved.
    I read about issues when using SLI, I'd go for a 1080ti if I was to change now.
    Strange thing is that rF2 is (on several tracks) more severe on FPS than pC2, which triggered my thoughts about a new GPU.

16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    The beauty would fit much better to RaceRoom ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheHeathen

TheHeathen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What kinda of system do you have to be able to run the helmet cam in VR? I have an i7 7700k with a 1080TI and my framerates divebomb with the HC. :(

18. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    i7 3770 @ 3.5
    MSI 1080 GTX

Hm...i think there is no difference, if HC is on or off, on my system.

Look at the pixels rendered near camera. (VR Setup).
    I put the highest value, so the helmet would not be rendered.

19. Tulpeborn

Tulpeborn Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My five cents on those cars with offset cockpit view:

I don't like it. And I hate the explanation by the devs: "We want it to be as close to real life as possible."

So what about having to race on snow with racecars in career mode or windshields of racecars that shatter like glass? Or leaving out pacecars?

Anyway: I play a lot of pcars2 lately and I am having fun. Looks good and has a lot of intresting features (weather/ day and night....).
    But it still has a lot of problems and bugs. The sound is nothing compared to RRE and I don't like the FFB on my T500rs even though I played around a lot with it (and even downloaded different ffb-files). I hate the AI (inconsistent and dumb as hell).

And it is a shame that they release a title that is not finished and so unpolished.

But I will be back to RRE as soon as the November patch is out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    AC R3E and PC2 should be thrown together. It would be a great sim.

Never had to pay more attention in free practice or Quali to make no stupit mistakes like crossing the white line after leaving the pits. Thats great features for immersion...thats motorsport.

• Like Like x 1