Released Touring Classics Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I still prefer packs with liveries as I like to buy cars with liveries. The issue here is the price of the liveries are too high compared to the cars where I think a small price drop would be better. In my honest opinion, 49vRP per skin is quite high. I am probably considered to be quite new in this game but I think offering a better loyalty reward to customers is essential in fostering a strong community.

Ideally, it would be great if all cars purchase comes with all liveries for that release of that car with a minor price increase in cars. A more drastic solution that I think it might work would be, refund all purchases in vRP then offer future content only in expansion packs style microtrasactions because the current model seemed to favour new players that own no content. Anyone who owns some content in a pack does feel like they are on the shorter end of the stick. I think a better discount, ie: a straight up 20% discount, for players who owns existing content would be better.

Personally, I think it is a difficult decision to make. Some people would want packs comes with liveries. Some people would want packs without liveries. I personally would buy packs with liveries to be honest. Would it be possible to offer both?

How about separating the car packs and livery packs? Like the car pack cost 450vRP with the livery pack cost 550vRP for the Touring Cars Legends Pack? Instead of one option with 999vRP price tag? I think this offers more flexibility for buyers as people can pick and choose the content they want where flexibility is the strength of the game's business model albeit it's abit pricey.

EDIT: My grammar is awful :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    also, second a post earlier about the discount not adding up for owners. ofc we still have the option to just buy the car a la cart & a select livery or two which is what ive done before. not an ideal situation but a practical way of dealing with it.

ok, im done crying over $4 now :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    That's some nice SelfReflection Yusupov.. Respect! :)
    Be happy you were born in a part of the world where you can afford it.. That's how i think about it..
    My pedals arent top but it does the trick..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lemmy411

Lemmy411 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    There are you right, but the Opel Omega and Ford Mustang in dtm '92 are still faster on straights too, but not in a so extreme way.

I will wait and see too, but i wanted to know how the other drivers see this.

5. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    yeah i think after driving at suzuka just now im revising my opinion anyway :) i knocked the brake pressure all the way down (as i had before) & outside of t1, which i took like an idiot, i really had no issues with keeping the wheels rolling.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The problem with liveries is that they are for other peoples benefit. I don't see my own car, its mainly for the benefit of others in MP. I need a bit more incentive than I am given to buy liveries. I will not be buying the pack, for one car plus liveries for over 700, but I might buy the Skyline in its default for 279. I like the earlier idea of, choose a livery when you purchase a car. Seems to help with a varied grid and not affect S3 income stream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the breaks were very good on the real car (which is why you can lock them) but the cars been given a huge ballast (true to real life) to balance it so the breaks struggle to deal with the extra weight. (it was crazy fast irl until it was given its ballast and even then it kept winning)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I sort of feel no one would buy livery packs.

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I agree, i just don't know what value they should be.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    A livery price cut would be great, like drop it from 49vRP to 40 or 35vRP.

If there are livery pack, I would buy them. The liveries are professionally made and licensed, why wont i get it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. qbba

qbba New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    About the liveries,
    it's a complicated problem, because buying liveries feels awkward, but creating them is actually a decent amount of work. So giving them away for free is strange as well.
    The problem lies within the micro transaction system. You get charged for every little thing that costs time, money and effort to be created. Which isn't wrong, of course, but in a full price title it's not that heavily considered in the price.

It would be a good start to let people choose a livery of their choice when buying a car.
    Car packs should also allow for that, each car plus one livery of buyer's choice. (Although this functionality might be a bit strange in practice, I'm sure there is a good way to implement it)
    There should be a discount for similar liveries. There is absolutely no reason to pay the same price twice for a livery that only has a different number (or different colored side mirrors). This functionality is already in place for cars, so why not liveries? The discount could go as high as 100% (= sell similar liveries in "packs").
    Add a livery pack containing all liveries of a car for every car that has 2+ liveries. Show these packs right before the single liveries. (They should not fill up the "Packs" or "Discounted Items" pages)

Additionally, remove packs from the "Discounted Items" page. They are already in "Packs", they are not "discounted". This is confusing. I know it's technically not wrong, but this can definitely make people angry.
    I see that there is always one track or car discounted by 30%, so the page would never be empty.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. kingsun06

kingsun06 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Big thank you to the Sector3 team, great job this pack

Skyline and everything simply huge , the sound is magical, a real treat!

I really do not regret buying the pack I got for my money , as usual I want to say!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Simply agree with that.

14. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Well, now that the heat wave is over, I was finally able to try those updated Touring Classics.
    And, I absolutely dislike them.

They lost their souls.

I still can't wrap my head about why they had such a buff to match them against the DTM92.

I mean, when I wanted to drive a DTM92 car, I would drive a DTM92 car.
    And when I wanted to drive a Touring Classic, I would drive a Touring Car. They had a totally different feel, they were slower, had a bit more of playfulness, they were a joy to drive. And each of them had its own pace, that was cool.

Now, when I want to drive a DTM92 car, I can drive a DTM92 or a TouringClassic car.
    If I want to drive a Touring Classic car, I can....well, I can't anymore.

It's not that the new ones are bad per say. They just aren't different anymore. They aren't different than the DTM92, and they even ain't different from each other. Where's the fun in that?

And don't talk about "it's for fairness and BoP and stuff"
    That was the entire point of the class! 3 different cars, 3 different pace, 3 different everything.

They are not the cars that I bought and enjoyed :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon In my opinion the Packs should stay as they are. The Price for the Packs themself are fair enough. The only thing that makes it a bit wierd is the Discount for owned Content because of the liveries.

To show it with this Touring Classics Pack. Alot of the older users already bought the three TC-Cars before the pack exist. So they had already spend 747vRP without any livery. Now there is a new car and a new Pack. If you want that pack you have to spend another 705vRP (in my case) just for one more car and for sure a lot of liveries. But a new user just have to Pay 999vRP for the same Content.

To make the situation a bit more "fair" (don't get the right word in english) for the older users maybe it would be better to calculate the Packprice in a different way. Maybe in a Car-Pack the Liveries just should be free and therefor the Discount on cars is lower so that the calculation of the pack-price is based on the Cars in it and not together with the liveries. A user shouldn't get punished if he had just money for one car at the moment and wants to buy the pack later. But it's all a bit difficult as I have no Idea how the shop-system looks like in the background.

I think the next Pack with the same discussions coming up isn't to far away - GTR3 for e.g.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well said!! - exactly my situation also. Owned the previous 3 - had about a dozen liveries ( not sure how, I have never bought one so it must have been included in 1 of the previous 3 cars) spent around 800VRP for those. Pack wants 600ish VRP with my discount for previously owned content. Thats 1400VRP .Now even if I just buy the Nissan, I'm at 1079VRP with less liveries than someone who was buying the pack new for 999 VRP. There needs to be a way to not charge the early adopters more than someone that waits for a pack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and its a bit more. For example a new user isn't sure if WTCC14 is his cup of tea but want to try some races without buying the hole pack for 899vRP and so he bought only one car of the pack for 249vRP.
    After he tried a few days he might got hooked and now want to buy the hole pack with the knowledge he already has one car of the pack and so he didn't have to pay for it again. Then after entering the store he might see the Pack-Price is still at around 800vrp and so he wonders, what has happend with the other vRPs. Maybe than the user decide not to buy the pack and just leave or buy another single car.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    It does create situations like I'm in at the moment where I wouldn't mind buying some cars (prototypes, for example), but would rather wait for a pack they're in or I feel like I'll be paying twice for the content.

19. VirginiaF1

VirginiaF1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, absolutely IMHO.
    In most cases, my 8 fellow league racers often choose the same 2 or 3 cars per class. Thus, we all try to vary our liveries for easy identification ontrack as we prefer the authentic look without overhead tags.

I'm amazed that I've invested over $125US in this sim, and still feel I got a deal.
    After GTR, GTR2, Race07 and EVO, I'm hooked..
    Just make sure you don't go bankrupt like Simbin!
    LOL

20. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    same here - have owned everything from simbin and now S3 - I dont want to add up what I've spent:eek:
    No doubt its always excellent content. The only point here was the pricing/discounts/packs are a bit messed up at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1