Released Touring Classics Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes , that would be good. Each livery a certain price or a package deal if you wanted them all maybe?
    Looks like I can get the Nissan for 279vrp to complete the pack and then pick a livery or 2 for each and it would still be cheaper than over 600VRP for the 4th car and all liveries.

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd like it if liveries were included with the car purchase even if that makes each car a little higher in price. The purchase price for me was $8 something and I owned the BMW and the Volvo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon , I really don't know what the best solution, to be honest.

At first glance I feel the issue is because of the way the price is being calculated for "You already own" content. It has I own 29.9% when I own 3/4 cars. The liveries content is really skewing things for pack pricing with previous content owned.

-To buy the pack without any previous content is a 63% savings off of the Regular price. 999 VRP...great deal! I would have purchased in a heartbeat, if I didn't own most of it already.
    -3/4 cars and a livery yields a 74% off of the regular price. 705 VRP. I already spent ~700+ VRP previously on the content here...so not a good deal at all.

The liveries are great, but with the pack pricing for the Touring and GT2 packs, where I owned 3 of the 4, and 2 of the 4 cars I find the price of the pack offered VERSUS the price to someone who doesn't own anything to be skewed and not at a price I would be will to purchase.

So for me, I will purchase a couple of liveries now and I will probably buy the Skyline but waiting for another sale. so probably I will spend 350VRP total. I was expecting the price to be in the 400-500VRP range and I was going to purchase in that range.

I sort of just feel that the people who own stuff previously are sort of getting a bit of the raw end of the stick. I know it is not a lot of money we are talking about, and for me it is not because your content isn't worth it. It is because I have already spent $130, so for me I don't want to spend much more on it, or if I do it will be on good valuations(relative to the person). I haven't bought the last three packs - GT2(927vrp), WTCC 2014(felt 2013 people should have received a small discount), and Touring.

I certainly know you can't give everything away and have to run a business, so there has to be a happy medium somewhere in the math for pack pricing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    What is that in VRP?

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    804 vRP

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @Sean Kenney

That's the thing.....once you reach a certain level of spend - in your case $130, which is a lot of money for a game, however you look at it - each and every new content release has to be viewed as 'does it add value?'

I think R3E has to be careful that it doesn't head down the same rabbit hole as iRacing i.e. very expensive.

This all links back to the loyalty discount we previously discussed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    James I agree. I view each piece of content in the same way. If it's a series that I enjoy or a car that I enjoy, I buy it. I figured this morning before the pack was revealed, that with owning 2 cars out of the pack, I'd be looking at the very least a little over half price but it was just 200 vrp less than buying it all at once. I'll agree with Sean and James that there has to be more of a discount when doing a pack purchase when you own some of the content in it. I'm fine with including all the liveries in the pack, but give more credence and weight to the cars that are owned out of the pack. I spent 500 vrp for both the BMW and the Volvo (I think). To me, that should have weighed far more in the pricing of the pack for me. Understand, I'm not complaining about the price of the sim or the price of the content. This is a sim that almost quadruples the amount of time I've spent in any other game on Steam (FM 2014 excluded) so I've gotten a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of it. I think a large majority of us believe in what S3S is doing and try to support it. As James and others have mentioned, I think there should be some kind of loyalty discount or some kind of frequent buyers club (and yes I know about buying vRP from the raceroom store). I think if all the liveries were included in the price that would solve a lot of issues where people get confused,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I for myself like that the packs come with a good selection of liveries. And because of that, you see much more variety in multiplayer, because more players have more liveries to choose from. If these liveries weren't in the pack, almost everybody would only drive with the default livery (which comes just with the car purchase), and which would look quite boring. The vast majority don't spend money for extra liveries (or only during a sale), i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Your transaction business model lacks transparency, people find it difficult to compare and calculate their totla costs. You already are too complicated with all your shop model. Especially newcomers think like this. I know this issue from The Hunte,r where they also have a microtransaction model that often gets complained about as being too expensive and too intransparent.

And mind you again: people do not really own these things when "buying" - you have the abandoning of the always-online-enforcement not yet implemented that staff had mentioned two weeks ago.

Therefore: if not more economic (=less expensive), at least keep it simple.

I would end the whole "buy skins individually" thing completely.

Pack some cars together into one pack that for any reason deserve to be packed into one pack, put all skins for them into it as well, and stop selling them cars and skins individually.

A five car pack with a total of lets say 20-25 skins imo justifies a price of 15 Euros maximum. Since tracks are not packed into it, probably less: ten Euros at maximum, I'd say, that makes two Euros per car with several skins. I'm okay with that.

For comparison: AC's Nordschleife dream pack has three versions of the Nordschleife and >ten< cars, some of them in very high demand, for 15 Euros.

P.S. The business model of R3E is by far the most often mentioned criticsm of R3E I have come across, and gets mentioned as one of several or the only reason by everybody who has rejected the sim so far whom I ever met in a forum. It simply is far too expensive to catch more attraction.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    To answer your question, I wouldn't be a big fan of that as it would be very restrictive for multiplayer races, as everyone would basically have the same livery for each car.

I agree with Dave that packs should include liveries, but so should all individual car prices too. It was one of the first things that put me off buying any content for the game before the first GT Masters pack was released. Even since then, I've only bought packs and the occasional item when it's been on sale, as paying for a car but not having choice of livery doesn't seem right to me.

I also agree 100% that if the current model is retained, more credence needs to be given to already owned cars. The packs are basically 'pay full price for the cars, get the liveries included' offers, as they're currently being released without tracks and that's how the value works out. As such, if you give the % off the pack for the CARS owned, and take the hit on liveries for cars already owned, there's your 'long-term customer' benefit too; effectively individual cars become like 'early access' before a pack is available.

Finally for now, whilst I'm in this conversation, the AI not being able to race cars you don't own is a bit harsh; having to pay just to have a field to race against is another thing that won't encourage me to ever buy an individual car (I know you can race against one example, but none of the other liveries, unless you own the base car).

I do greatly appreciate you engaging us in this conversation though; I know whatever happens you've read and taken on board our considerations and it's one reason I value your product.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to come back to the cars :rolleyes:

Didnt have any TouringClassics but i do have some DTM92 which i love, especially the Omega.. Now Got me Godzilla :smilingimp: for 279Vrp and the Taisan livery..
    Should keep me busy for a looongtime trying to handle this beast properly, but i already had some great races tonight on Bathurst, Salzburgring and Sonoma..

Concerning BOP: the R32 is fast, very very fast as soon as tires/brakes are up to temperature and i saw most other cars struggling to keep up then.. Only those little Beamer M3's were fast(er)..
    Just wondering but can someone test if the M3 DTM and GR A Touring Classic are equally fast or they have different laptimes.. I don't have both so cant do this..

Concerning the R32: Really love how it drives and how you feel the all-wheeldrive! but it does take some adapting your drivingstyle! :hearteyes: I saw @Öberg flying me by at Salzburgring and Bathurst towards the end off the races so have to find more speed!! :relaxed:

Thanks for bringing this beast alive Sector3 I'll enjoy it even more as soon as i have proper pedals! Currently i have to fake i have a clutch :grin::sweat:

12. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    you should think there are also people like me who doesn't care to drive different skins, I woudn't like to see a price of a car more expensive because it has many skins.
    anyway, I read all time complainings for this business model, on the contrary imo is perfect, I buy only what I like, there are packs (discount) of items, every week a different item discounted, una tantum a 50% off...and all system selling is explained in the FAQ

13. VIT

VIT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    well thats one easy to fix. They just have to let us choose livery when we buying only car instean of whole pack...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just did the Godzilla at Sachsenring, what a beast, but surprisngly weak brakes. One really has to adapt to those brakes.

One cannot meet each and every single variation of taste and preferences, my recommendation for Sector3 would still be: do it like others, since it works well for others: keep things much more simple than they are now. I still have not seen so far somebody complaining about having to buy several skins in another sim that does not have these microtransactions. Sorry, but I disagree with you, although I do not care much for skins myself, too, but my main argument stands: keep things simple, get rid of this intransparent microstransaction model. No other thing seems to attract so much criticism by potentially interested customers who then chose to stay away - due to the high costs of the sim, and the business model. My impression is this is the top numero uno complaint against R3E.

And when people bought something, being newbies, and then see the same content three days later being offered in a sale with a 50% discuunt, this is not to lighten up their day either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well Godzilla normally only has two speeds Rampage and Dead. He's never been expected to just stop before :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Most of the talking about pack prices happen when a livery heavy pack is released.Most people cant really find an argument to justify buying a pack that costs more than individual cars thanks to the liveries.What needs to be fixed is to make sure that in any case a pack feels (and is) the cheaper choice.For example all touring cars have a separate cost of 1030 vrp if my maths are right.Pack cost nearly the same.If pack cost was 899 or 850 people will not say anything about the price.Please consider my points for the next releases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    To further strengthen my point I will add that things are getting much worse when you already own one of the cars.I already own the M3 in touring legends pack and the pack price for me is 907vrp.The 3 cars left cost 77 vrp.If Im not bend on livery choices there is no incentive to buy the pack.

18. Lemmy411

Lemmy411 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    back to the cars.
    I love the dtm '92 cars very much and those are very well balanced. These Classic cars are very good too, but for my taste the Nissan r32 is by far to fast!

At Bathurst i have done a race today and nearly all Nissans was in front on start positions. Than in race no chance for me,
    they hurry away on each straight, no slipstream could help me, no chance to kepp that speed up!
    The Volvo was there fast too, but not soooo extreme.

What are your experiences, i drove a dtm '92 bmw m3.

19. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'd wait for more MP races on other tracks before judging the Nissan. Bathurst is really a power track. Nurburgring, Suzuka, Zolder etc should be more Merc/BMW suited tracks.

20. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    the breaks are just awful. and imo, lock way too easily, unless that was a trait of the car. but i fear its a revisit of what killed adac gt '13 for me. :(

i know everyone with clubsports raves about it but for those of us w/ cheap pedals its just not realistic at all. anything over half travel and its a lockup, doesnt matter what you do w/ the brake pressure or sensitivity settings.

wish id test driven before going in for the car + a bunch of vanity liveries on top :/

edit -- just to clarify, if it had bad brakes, or even if bad brakes were given to it in the name of balance, thats fine. its the locking up that just wrecks the experience for me.

• Agree Agree x 1