Resolved Unable to launch game in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TheMattyOnline, May 14, 2017.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Do I need to raise a support ticket?

I've spent quote a bit on Raceroom, but won't be spending any more unless I can get this resolved.

I assumed this was the correct place to post, but if not can someone point me in the right direction, thanks.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, doesn't look like hdd space could be an issue then.
    Could you try uninstalling afterburner, just to make sure there's no component of it interfering with things?

Like I said, I forwarded your previous report to the bug database and a dev will have a look at this.
    But if you want to there's probably no harm in opening a helpdesk ticket, just so it doesn't get burried and you're being kept up to date.
    http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/

• Like Like x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, just to be sure... Something like SweetFX isn't installed on your system and used by Raceroom?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I got an answer regarding the animatedaudience.fx file error. The programmer suggested that that file might be corrupted, hence throwing errors.
    So you should try navigating to ...Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\ and delete the folder called "Shaders". After that starting Steam and validating the games cache files should force a re-download of the shader files, hopefully fixing this.

6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies.

No sweetFX or displaylink installed.
    I've deleted the shaders folder and that has stopped the direcX errors.

Still loads perfectly to desktop/monitor, but with the -vr launch parameter it blue screens with

Stop Code:Video_scheduler_Internal_Error

I've wiped the GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled latest AMD drivers.

I have no idea what's happening. SteamVR works perfectly on its own and also with other VR titles like RF2. My DK2 runs on all the other titles so u can't see how it is anything wrong there.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so that's the first part cleared then at least.

I've read up on the stop code VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR and it looks like this can be caused by the software (read that in some game the Physx implementation caused this behaviour). It's all a bit strange still, seing how you seem to be the only person affected by this until now.

You posted a screenshot of the description of the dmp file Windows creates earlier, could you attach the actual dmp file here so I can forward it to the team? That'd probably help the most at this stage.

I know that there will be further improvements regarding VR deployed with the next patch, and while I can't go into any detail I think there might be a chance that one of the things included in that could potentially aid your issue. Lotsa ifs and maybes tho, I know, but like I said it's a bit of a mystery to me atm.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  8. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think i included both the file and a screen shot of the dmp file?

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess he meant the latest dmp-file after you've corrected the problem with that broken animatedaudience.fx file.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah, sorry, I only paid attention to the picture file. Now it all makes more sense, cause the programmer told me that the dmp files was corrupt and couldn't be opened and I was thinking 'yea, it's just a pic'. :oops:

So actually the game creates a crash dump... The fact that he couldn't open it might be due to the fact that Windows crashes to the bs before the game can finish writing the file.

So please attach the latest crash dump created by the game, maybe this one can be read. Also could you please navigate to the Full Path mentioned in the description pic (C:\Windows\Minidump) and see if there are dumpfiles in there? If there are please attach the latest one here too. (Those were the ones I was thinking of the whole time, I thought we were talking about Windows crashdump files, silly me, sorry.)

Alternatively (if there's no dumps in windows\minidump) start Windows' event viewer (click the start symbol in the lower left, then type "event viewer") and look for the report regarding the bluescreen (should be under system, or maybe applications, not sure). If you can find the crash(es) in there, please export the latest report in xml format and attach it here.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi, was losing the will to keep trying this, so just played other sims for a couple of days!

My PC is currently crashing to blue screen, the stop code error as previously stated before Raceroom can create a .dmp file now.

There are quite a few minidump files in windows/minidump but i can't attach any of them as the system is saying i dont have permission to access these files!

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Blargh....Windows....
    I think you could tinker with it so it allows you to copy those files (right click the folder, properties, security)...
    Did you try the event viewer? It shoudl record any crashes in there, might just be a bit of searching to find the right category...

In the meantime I remembered sth: The thing Kitsune suggested in order to disable hardware acceleration is case sensitive, so you have to capitalise the characters exactly like that.
    Just in case, we had sb a while back who didn't c&p those params but typed them in and it didn't work until he capitalised the right characters.

13. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Right, so apparently if i move the files to desktop, it wont let me access them.
    If i copy and paste to desktop, it will lol

I tried copy and pasting those commands, so ended up with -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist -vr in the launch options but still a blue screen and stop code video scheduler fault

I have uploaded all the .dmp files from windows/minidump, they should all relate to the Raceroom crash.

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nice one, thanks.
    I've forwarded them to the programmer in charge, let's see what he comes up with.
    Just have to ask you to be a little patient, it might take a couple days until he can have a look at them.
    I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Also, i have located some events that look relevant in the event viewer and have saved them, but it wont let me upoad an evtx file !

16. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ok, seem to have worked out how to copy the erros out and have attached them in a .txt file

By now you may have gathered i am not a PC tech !

Apologies and thanks for the help so far ;)

Attached Files:

17. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    My guess is this is related to drivers for the GPU. Uninstall the old drivers so you can make a fresh install.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

19. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes tried that and I'm on the latest release.
    It makes no sense.
    VR works perfectly in AC/RF2/iRacing.

As well as DCS world.

No issues with either oculus home or SteamVR in any other software!

I will try once more wiping the drivers and reinstalling just to make sure.

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just realised I never asked and just assumed you're using Win 10, is that correct?

The error seems to be connected to how directx handles memory allocation. Not really a clue if that could be it, but thought it might be connected to the directx files on your PC, so maybe updating/refreshing directx might help.
    Just download this installer and let it do its thing: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35