Released WTCC 2015 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 21, 2016.

1. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have issues lol. Specifically how good they are at braking compared to me!

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Just watched the WTCC 2015 video posted above. Man this is awesome, can't wait to play. I want that music in the video to start playing every time I start catching up to the car in front of me! Drrraaaammmaaaaaaaa!!!

3. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Just got home after taking my lad home got two hours then bed for bloody work grrrr

4. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Will this pack be able @ Steam Store?

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    i don't think it's a state secret, should be ok ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Cheeky J-F... I wonder why you would be alright with having the names released? :rolleyes::D

Is it because... Hmm, I dont know... :p

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I know you seem to take issue with how the AI brakes compared to the player, but I havent noticed much problem compared to the AI with these cars.

Remember, front wheel drive cars brake kind of squirrely if you arent braking in a straight line, so that may extend your braking distance if you need to constantly modulate your brake pedal. Other than that, the same old saying still applies... The AI is always being worked on for further improvements. Even if those improvements dont all come at once :)

8. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Could anyone please tell me if there are any major differences in physics/handling compared to WTCC2014?
    I have tried the cars on demo circuit and couldn't spot anything significant... I mean, the WTCC2014 handles already pretty well to me.

Thanks.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, WTCC '15 are on the newest version of the physics model and should feel different than the WTCC 13/14 cars.

The '15 cars feel a bit more pointed and easy to direct when turning, similar to the rest of the recently updated content. Other than that, Im not sure how the physics differ aside from these cars having a more updated tire model and suspension physics.

The 13/14 cars arent bad by any stretch, they just have a slightly different feeling. And if you enjoy those the same as the new ones, nothing wrong with that :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yes

@nate and I had the honor of joining @J-F Chardon to provide the footage.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't only referring to Big Brother with that, but also that I think it's up to those drivers discretion whether they want that to be known or not.
    @Tobias Schröder, so as you can tell J-F was one of them. I asked the other two to step into the limelight and fetch their well deserved applause. ;)
    EDIT: ^ And one of them beat me to it. :D

12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Oops... did I say @nate ? I meant some random guy who may or may not reveal him or her self... o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Very,very different feeling to the 14 cars.Much more undesteer under turn in and acceleration,apparent block of the rear wheels under breaking-like the real thing-.Good work...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The cutting rules on Paul Ricard (track for the WTCC competition) have to be a joke right?
    I can cut on every corner, except the first one on the inside, massively and get away with it. I am currently in P1 with a lap where every league would ban me if I drive it. This is not about who is the best driver but who can drive enough laps to figure out where the cutting penalties come in...

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0

Sorry for potato quality but check this out... This is ridiculous. I bought this track today so I am sure you can cut even harder once you really figure it out.

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Looked pretty true to life to me, just watched the qualifying for the WTCC at Paul Ricard this afternoon and some drivers were getting away with far worse... I'm looking at you Tarquini!!! :confused:

:D

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    That's why I prefer tracks / corners like these ...[​IMG]
    (Watkins Glen, USA ... a track which would look great in R3E :rolleyes:)

If you cut here, the green will put you into the wall and the race is over. No cheating possible!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah. i guess the outer white lines are the track limits and as long as two wheels are inside the limits you're not punished.

19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not significantly different to the (already very good) WTCC 2014 cars. Feels more like a refinement than an overhaul (as expected) but that's fine as I was happy with how the 2014 pack felt to drive.