Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. LNRace

LNRace Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm really happy about the damage sensitivity tweaks. It makes some mistakes a lot more punishing than before, and is a lot more realistic now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Nobody seems to have commented on the changes to slowdown penalties yet, but I think they are much better than before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

I am seeing this on downshifting - even with auto clutch it will literally just go to "neutral" yet you have engaged a lower gear (and yes well within the rpm range that is allowed per car). There is just too much not working correctly with the clutch physics sadly.

4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    With triple screens , is look to apex disabled ?

5. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  6. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Autoclutch with H-pattern or without H-pattern?

7. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    With H pattern - I am done using straight up 'manual', despite being someone who loves to heel toe - it simply has too many issues - and missing a gear that results in over-reving in neutral is insanely bad in my opinion - more so in VR where you think you shifted into the wrong gear.. and have to figure out what sort of witch-craft just occurred.

I honestly think there is too much of a delay (in game) engaging the gear - On your actual shifter you shift into gear and you can physically hear the clunk way to late in game.. I believe this is part of why you may have perfectly shifted with your clutch and shifter, but the game misses and does it's silliness.. I have literally have never had this issue in real life. In raceroom I think you sorta have to do it slightly out of sync to be successful and that's not a muscle memory I want.

8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    @ndwthx1138
    This is very strange and it would bother me really hard if I had the issue.

But since I wrote earlier in this topic that H-shifter worked even better than before...now reading your posts made me try again just to check if anything had changed.
    But no, I have driven the NSU and the old DTM BMW (obviously with H-shifter and clutch), settings accordingly, full damage on etc...
    I could not notice any flaws. Shifting as fast as I could, heel/toe while downshifting, each time the gears engaged like I would expect them to. No misses at all (except once through my own fault, resulting in grinding noise and a red blinking gearbox signal in the HUD.

I have no clue what can cause the issue you have, but on my side all seems to be OK.
    No VR (though I can't see how that could cause issues), Fanatec V2 shifter and HE Ultimate clutch.
    I guess you tested your shifter in other sims to be sure there is no issue there ?

9. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The Formula JR I can make it happen in 30 seconds.. It's terrible. Even with auto clutch on - it will dump to neutral on downshifts (usually going from 2 to 1 - even with rev matching on my part). I run iracing skippy and miata series - not once.. asetto corsa in 1.5 years I have never had this happen and that's with full manual mode.. I am running a fanatec shifter and a HPP clutch. Some cars are simply worse than others.. the ktm x-bow I can run full manual and it will occur but far far less.. The classics touring cars I find terrible now - basically if I shift very quickly it fails 15% of the time. If I shift like a grandmother it's fine.. and slow..

it's just unfortunate.. there was a time it was fun and I'd rev match on every single shift.. now it's just work and most importantly slower than just cheating and using paddles.

I think also of note - during that very long interview they had with the race department - one of the developers even noted he simply couldn't shift correctly in game - but does so in real life.. again - i think it's a delayed timing of gear engagement - NOT clutch engagement..

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    OK, will try some other cars. Have you tried the NSU and Beamer ? Same issue ?

Edit: few laps with the FJ and the BMW 320 Turbo at Zandvoort: I still got no misshifts.
    Maybe the Devs have a clue what could cause the issue you have.
    On my side it is still working fine.
    Good luck. ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The Hyundai WTCR is after the update in single player ridiculous slow in second gear on suzuka outcoming hairpin and casio triangle

12. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Record and upload some videos of what you're experiencing to YT and post them here please .

13. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Next week - After the competitions ...
    There will be a new update ... (steering GTR2 & GTR4)
    I think so ... Btw ... Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Very Good!
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,
    On the November update, I have this to say.
    Basically it is well done, but there are some things I don't think are so good.
    1) why the BMW M6 GT3 doesn't have a rear wing that can be adjusted to 0° like the other GT3 cars.
    On Sunday at a league race on Suzuka the AMG passed me that I thought I was standing, if the wing of the M6 was 3° down.

2) Head Movements Amplitude I know it's a test.
    But here the car shouldn't tilt forward when shifting gears, but when braking. Maybe this can be changed.

Thank you for your work. Pit
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

15. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The amount of degrees on the wing is not comparable between cars, the M6 is one of the fastest cars in a straight line and the only GT3 where the wing does not impact speed too much, if you got passed so easily by an AMG I’d suspect your throttle wasn’t at 100% or your exit was very poor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    No, it isn't... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to whoever mentioned the difficulty of changing up with the Caymans mid turn; we've rectified this.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think Look to Apex would be better with some kind of smoothing function, like a moving average of the steering input.

Cars like the WTCR ones should take aero damage a lot faster. Right now, when you hit something with the front of the car, the engine is being damaged faster than the aerodynamics. It doesn't make sense that your engine dies before even your front bumper falls off...

19. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature do you know what it means? ;)

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0