Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. mclarenteam

mclarenteam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In the next update, are we can see new physics only for GTR3 cars or some other classes too?

2. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I know that Ferrari and Porsche - especially Porsche, singe in hail, EA - are gobbled up by other agreements, and this is sad. While RUF makes a great stunt double, there is simply no replacing Ferrari, and I would be in racing heaven if I could race a Maranello, Challenge, F40 or F430 alongside an Aston Martin and Jaguar. I'm hopeful because of FIA arrangements that we can at least see Astons and Jaguars at some point, and let's throw in Maserati and Gumpert too. Although, FIA has recently become quite chummy with Polyphony Digital's president, Kazunori Yamauchi... we have yet to see what comes of that in Gran Turismo.

Anyway, hopefully SONY won't resent the EA/Microsoft Axis Powers and try to gobble up some exclusives themselves, because this kind of war hurts everyone who is a fan of racing. Now enough of this, to feed my need for speed... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand how Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston martin (and Toyota if they are hard to get as well) can't see the potential in Raceroom.. .
    Most of us sim / game racers will never have the money to buy those cars, so getting them exposed in other titles don't give much in return other than the licensing money..
    Raceroom with its great focus on real racing and series draws people in to the sport.
    Getting the teams / brands money behind the scenes from people getting interested in following the series / drivers from the game on television and other medias, and to not forget money from trackside tickets!

I had never heard of neither ADAC GTM, DTM or Audi TT Cup before Raceroom, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
    If more brands choose to go for R3E, more players would choose R3E.
    And more people would notice the series in this great sim, getting more money back to the series and brands.

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I unterstand we have no porsche ferrari and lambo, but why have we not the bendley in adac gt master 15

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can't believe I missed that video - thanks for the link. Spa is looking superb, every bit another Raceroom classic. If I may offer some very small feedback (seeing as it's WIP, this might be planned anyway):

- the area on the outside of the circuit on the run down to Bruxelles hairpin is usually full with marshals' campervans. This is usually the first place they are at any meeting I've been at (Six Hours classic, 6 Hours WEC, 24 Hours)

- the bank on the right before Pouhon doesn't have as much greenery as depicted here; it's rocky and muddy but is clear and has some great places to spectate

Otherwise, spot on, looks to capture the atmosphere of the races there perfectly, as usual.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What I said before...
    The only one who could answer those questions definitely is Jay, but even he is possibly not at liberty to discuss such details publicly.

I think we can be 100 % certain that if there is any way to get a license for one of those manufacturers many people would like to see then they will do what's in their power to get it into the game.

And now I feel the need to thank Jay in particular. We tend to joke around and have a laugh at his expense, he is a pink shirted Dutchmen after all :kissingheart:, but I can honestly say that he is doing an amazing job for R3E, S3S, the whole team and the community, and that he is one of the nicest, wittiest and most humorous persons I happen to know, even if it is only remotely.

Believe me, he's doing the best he can to get the stuff we want. Just look at what we already got, working with a what I imagine to be more than tight budget.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It could be many reasons why Bentley and Aston Martin isn't in R3E yet.

As Jay mentioned previously, Aston Martin is an expensive license to acquire. While for pcars, SMS obtained it easily as their Handling Consultant, Ben Collins has excellent relationship with Aston Martin Racing which AMR sold the license to SMS with lower price tag. However, the AMR license only covers the Aston Martin race cars. There is no Aston Martin road cars in pCARS, possibly remain this way for the future. Like how AC got their Ferrari license for lower licensing fees because they worked closely with Ferrari in the past. Aston Martin tend to be a rarer license among racing games where so far, only SMS and iracing has that brand licensed, ignoring games from big studios like Forza.

For Bentley, I am not too sure but I think it won't be too expensive to license as many games has Bentley so far. Even rFactor 2 has 2 Bentleys licensed.

Maybe we are getting Bentleys in ADAC 15. They just don't want to show it yet.

Still, what class will the Ruf GT3 be allocated to?

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  8. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    RUF GT3 will be for GTR3 class.

Hate to say it but I'll be really disappointed if there is no Bentley possibility. Although if it is certain that it won't be in GTM 2015 I hope it can be confirmed on here soon.

As you say, lots of other games have recently been adding racing Bentleys and they seem keen on promoting their racing heritage, so I hope they don't go the way of Ferrari, Porsche, Aston and Lamborghini (all of which are much more understandable to me).

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, more cars in GTR3 is always welcomed. When is the pack coming? End of the year?

R3E will definitely be the to-go game for GT3 racing for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    near the end of the adac season is the word from the stream

11. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    When is ADAC ending?

I was talking about the GTR3 pack, not ADAC 15.

12. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is it that soon!!!!! Spa spa spa spa, spa spa spa spa, spa oh wonderful spa! maybe! just maybe!

14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I think spa is coming soon, but the adac gt master seasen is ending 4.10.2015

15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I know there were some hints, but is the RUF GT3 really confirmed yet?

16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes. They said it in the physics-test-livestream with Kelvin van der Linde on friday.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Ooooh Spa ain't even here yet but might Silverstone actually be close to launch too? You can see a track map of it in the background here. Might be nothing though as the first track on the list is Killarney and the third one is Kyalami. S3S planning some African content?

Also, Kelvin talks about a circuit in South Africa that he 'told him about'. I don't know much about African circuits but the four tracks in SA that have wiki pages are Killarney Motor Racing Complex(< both on the list in the pic), Kyalami Racing Circuit, Phakisa Freeway and Prince George Circuit. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  18. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Good spot! Might well be nothing, but interesting speculation. Are the four on that list Killarney, Kyalami, Silverstone and Hockenheim?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  19. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hockenheimring is already in the game.

Still, cant wait for Kyalami. Love that track in GSCE.

20. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ia a very old version of Kyalami? Is the 1985 layout