English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    We need some mayhem from time to time :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    why not do it like in irl? exept no practis session. 100%

3. Joshua Spann Jr

Joshua Spann Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, i just cant do saturdays, since me and the wife both work saturdays and sunday is the only day we have off together, so sat. nights are pretty much off limits for me, for league racing anyway:(

4. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I still feel that running 2 divisions is a good thing, Pro & Rookie. I feel there's a distinct gap between the guys at the front and the rest of us.

A separate race for each division is more work for @MeMotS & @::SKRO:: so not a good idea.

But, that doesn't mean we can't have two divisions in the same race. The very same system is run here in OZ with the Porsche cup, and it works fine.

I also think it would be a great incentive for the slower/rookie drivers to have something to race for, there's nothing more disheartening for a newby/rookie than being at the back of the field every race, you soon form the impression "it's pointless trying", and give up mid series.

But if there was an incentive, like a rookie cup within the championship, I feel more new drivers would potentially participate for the complete championship, which would keep grid numbers up each week.
    We could still have teams of 4 drivers, which could be a mix of 2 rookie's and 2 pro's, if the numbers are there of course.

The winning rookie from the series then moves to Pro automatically.

As I stated prior, the divisions would be determined by laptime, which would be set on a non champ track prior to the series, everyone must submit a laptime so they can be placed in the appropriate division.

Ive seen this system work with a GT5-6 PS3 site, they had 8 divisions and 5 teams, each division had its own race. The points from each division were added to the teams weekly points total, which gave everyone the feeling of participating towards team points.

Personally I don't feel enough is done in our hobby to assist new simracers in coming to grips with online racing, I remember how daunting it was when I first raced online, I was so disappointed I didn't go back online for months.
    It's not easy being a newby/rookie when it's your first online experience, especially when it's a bad one.

Cheers

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I would say yes we do this if we had enough people showing up every race. We had 24 people signed up and at the last race for example we had 13 people in.
    So i do not think its feasible, As it is right now everyone has a chance to win. I don't consider myself a pro, yet i managed to win. Pro non pro can win. The skill level is pretty good across the board.
    Yes we have a few extra fast guys but they can make mistake like the norm ( the regular human being ).

Also i am for less work on poor Emilio, Without Emilio busting his ass, this champ would never be this good, I am just a supporting role, he does all the heavy lifting. Until S3 gives us better tool to manage the champ we should try to keep it as simple as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  6. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. I never thought I had a chance, but its really patience that pays off. I realized a lot of it isn't about the race.. it's about preparing the setup and being comfortable with the track to be consistent.

J.Galus raced with us for the first time at Nurburgring. His second race was at Zandvoort. By luck of the reverse grid he found himself in the lead by a big margin half way through, he messed up his brake bias, but had a very legitimate chance to win. It's anyones race.

On that note. I very much like the idea of one long race. Not all of us have the out right pace per lap.. but with a long race tire wear, strategy, and consistency come into play. With that said, have we considered removing damage from the equation? I know it takes away from realism, but running off, overshooting a corner, and/or tapping the wall usually doesnt damage you too much. But being unfortunately taken out/collecting an innocent bystander does. That's where i've experienced most my issues with the damage model. It would be a shame to have your race ruined because of a parked car, especially with just one long race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I agree with this, and i realize, and appreciate that emilio busts his ass for our benefit, but i think some things could be delegated to other dependable members. I'm not volunteering, but i'm sure others would.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We will have second prize thanks for the donation of keys from @itsmedavetn

Couples of nice puzzle game to add to your collections.
    Populous Origin
    Peggle Deluxe,
    Bejeweled 3,
    Bookworm Deluxe,
    Escape Rosecliff Island
    Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe
    Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition,
    Peggle Nights,
    Zuma's Revenge

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Guys sorry for not replying but I've been working on the trailer for our new champ in the past days.
    I'll post it between today and tomorrow... I think you're gonna like it ;-)

About the champ
    I'd say that for track selection we are pretty much set...

1 Spa-Francorchamps (16) 69.60%
    2 Sonoma Raceway (14) 60.90%
    3 Mazda Laguna Seca (12) 52.20%
    4 Circuit Park Zandvoort (9) 39.10%
    5 Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (9) 39.10%
    6 Sachsenring (9) 39.10%
    7 Suzuka Circuit (9) 39.10%
    8 Bathurst Circuit (8) 34.80%
    8 Nürburgring (8) 34.80%
    8 Portimao Circuit (8) 34.80%
    8 Slovakia Ring (8) 34.80%

I'll wait till tomorrow to determine which one is gonna be our 8th track and maybe there might be other surprises!
    Also, it looks like we'll run an "endurance" series (not a 60+ race tho... it's gonna more like 40ish) with pitstops and tyrewear 3x.

Single long race with pitstop 75%
    Two race format with pitsop 25%
    Other 0%

Regarding the mechanical damage. I'd like NOT to remove them as it makes more challenging and risky but I understand the problem of finishing the race before even starting... so maybe we can lower that down to Forgiving instead of Realistic, what you think?

Thanks everyone and keep your eyes peeled for that video!!! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Glad that tracks like Oschers, Sachsenring, Slovakia and Portimao made it so far - they are demanding but absolutely thrilling once you've learned to read them & with Single Races held the Reverse Grid question doesn't matter anymore. Zandvoort will hopefully be the GP Layout, Suzuka I find the West Course quiet attractive too. I appreciate Race Format so far, as switching back to Standard Time (CET) in Europe the Runs would start at 2:00 am here. With practice & qualy tightly set ( I like it tight under championship premises :) ) it should be 90 mins length of the event then, more or less....
    Apologies for being a bit sharp in my last post btw. - there comes some frustration about my own efforts into play cause you either have losely, sometimes sloppy arranged single events were you can be glad to get 10-15 drivers together or the option to join Campionship Leagues that for my taste are often totally over-organized, with a lot Mumbo-Jumbo that I really don't need - what I need is a proper track to race on, mature guys (and girls) who exactly know how to behave and how to race on, a decent ranking system..uhm what else ?....a good strategy, a gear indicator, an rpm meter, and the engine howling :) (k Crew Chief has become a major factor too ;) )

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    90 mins as in race length or practice, qualiy, race combined?

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That ;)

13. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Oh nice bout to say, that is what im after as well.

14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Server will go down or a few minutes to put my gtx 770 in there, cause I got a new toy for my main rig

ITS CHRISTMAS EARLY FOR ME! image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    ok we have done the draw.
    Thanks @Bobby Edge for being the witness.

First prize winner is .. roll drum ... is Magnus ( @mrSweSin )
    500 vrp code
    Street fighter 4 Ultra steam code
    Shadow Warrior special Edition steam code
    Bastion steam code

Second prize winner is P.Hance ( @Caledonian Wolf )
    Populous Origin
    Peggle Deluxe,
    Bejeweled 3,
    Bookworm Deluxe,
    Escape Rosecliff Island
    Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe
    Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition,
    Peggle Nights,
    Zuma's Revenge

Message me on private conversation for your codes

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I saw my name come up twice. You can PM me the codes at your earliest convenience.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    HATERS GONNA HATE

18. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    By the way with all those fans it looks more a drone. Neat!

19. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Post #2, #3 and #4 cleared.
    Expect some news in the next few days chaps! In the meantime enjoy the trailer for the new BHR Champ!

20. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Great trailer! Well done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1