Triple Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

What distortion?
    At .6 or .5 FOV, you don't notice any distortion because your view is already distorted on a triple monitor setup.

I would rather see multi-gpu support FIRST! For me... 1 gpu can run the game on low. 2 gpu's on high.
    Then I can turn on some of the eye candy for the game. At least it will look good while I do some programmer's job of finding bugs. If I have to buy a new GPU, no more money spent on R3E.

Additional content is more important than fixing the bugs first?
    I would rather get 1 major, bug free, content update per year and pay for that - than get additional content every few months filled with BUGS.

------------------
    *EDIT maybe I was abit harsh in my comments so I have removed them.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    and then you have retards who shoot there mouths off over multiple threads

thing is is some bugs show late as others are fixed within the test builds , then its recompiled and sent out and sometimes stuff goes wrong ;
    So remember next time you bitch about the suckers who do it for free that some of us arent just doing it to fix the bugs for free , maybe we are there as well to push for community request , change how the game is delivered ; what game play options are there ....

so do me a favour ...dont insult people ; as the last thing we need is muppets taking the piss out of people who are fighting the end users corner

Andi: slightly miffed and armed

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    This is a Beta game, and part of the reason for a beta is to find bugs. S3S opted to have a paid beta, and they make it clear that it's a beta so if you don't want to buy into it you don't have to participate in the bug finding. They even give you the option to play with some of the content for free so you don't feel angry about spending money on a product that may have some bugs.

On a side note, I've rarely encountered a major bug or glitch in R3E, so I'm not sure where the claim that it's bug-ridden comes from. I mean, we're not talking PCARS here. It's lacking some features, sure, but lack of features does not equal bugs.

On another side note, every single game I've paid "real money" for in the last 10 years had bugs, and the majority of the updates to any of those games introduced some kind of unexpected bug(s). This is life as a gamer now, to expect bug free games or bug free updates is a bit naive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. GGaulin

GGaulin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to add my voice to the noise, I will not give this company any more money until proper triple screen support is added, I'm fed-up with the chatter. You can pump out all the addon content you want, I'm not interested.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's a "delete" button right next to the "edit" button... ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I run triples, what's the problem? Had far worse experiences with games that allegedly have tri-screen support only hangup I have are the overly large mirrors but all the better for seeing who's behind, hardly a game ender.
    Apparently I have a bug that crashes the sim to d/top randomly that's already been fixed but won't be fixed in sim til next update, far more reason to throw my toys out of the pram but then I understand I'm dealing with a project in development as stated thousands of times amongst the threads in this forum!
    Take a chill pill!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Incrediclint

Incrediclint New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars has announced they will NOT be adding proper triple screen support, so they can piss off as far as I'm concerned (was a bit simcadey anyway). Really hope RRE doesn't go the same route as pCars.

8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    its on the wishlist at the moment so you don't have to worry(they talked about it in a simracing mag).

9. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    In project cars you don't need a correct triple screen support as long as the cockpit view is much too dark in most of the cars when you use a correct FOV between 50-60. That's the reason why project cars is not a sim and unplayable for me. The devs of project cars think, that a camera is driving their cars. But they're wrong.

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    At this point I would like support like ETS2 has, which allows me to do portrait landscape portrait eyefinity by rotating each screen and adjusting each FOV separately...its an amazingly flexible system they use but difficult to set up (requires config file edits or knowledge of their poorly documented script commands). Still if it lets me set up my rig the same way I'd probably stop playing other racing games!

11. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I really wanted to love ETS2, I've always wanted a game like that for when I just want some nice, relaxed, casual driving. But the FOV on it was just horrible and seemed to be almost impossible to modify so after a few hours of driving (and not being able to see out my side windows) I've never touched it again. :(

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the most frustrating thing is the look left/right mechanic. i just want a normal system like every other driving game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's what I didn't like. IIRC I had to use the mouse to look around and getting the view back to center was a pain.

Anyway........back to your regularly scheduled triple monitor discussion. :)

14. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    apparently I can't read either :confused:

15. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I really like the historic cars in RRE, but in triple screen you have only a half car :D.
    Try the touring classic volvo. I miss the right side of this car. All new cars are already design for
    high resolution, but the older ones are not ready for triple screen. Ok, they work, but it looks strange
    to drive with the right side of a car.

16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Last ETS post from me i promise - TrackIR is great for it (or even free facetracknoir if you set it up meticulously). Before that I used to use the left/right dpad buttons to look l/r, and then up on dpad to center the view again - worked pretty well for me. If you do like the idea of the game, it may be worth giving it another shot as it's about the only good "chill driving" sim that really delivers (pun intended). That said, we like what we like...i just happen to be a fanatic :) also, triple monitors allows much more FOV config (whole extra config file) than single, guess they feel you don't need it so much with one monitor.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  17. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Well, I was going to until you threw that pun in there. o_O

But really, I do want to get into it and I've read there are some (complicated) ways to fix the FOV issue, but most of them looked to require skills above my pay grade. Like I said, I don't remember the specifics because I only played it briefly about 6-8 months ago, but seem to remember not being able to look out my side windows by simply turning my head. If I could look do that, and not have to use a control, I'd be totally happy with it. (Not really interested in the TrackIR, I already have enough pieces of equipment and to me it kinda defeats the purpose of having triple monitors)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just to throw my hat in the ring, I have triple screens and I've (unfortunately) stopped playing since I've upgraded to them. I love the game but the stretched sides really bother me. The reality is that there are other sims out there doing a better job in this aspect at the moment. Would love an update to include support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Change your FOV to .5 or .6 and scoot your seat back a bit, mostly cures the stretched side screens.

20. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    playing at 0.7, but using relatively low angles of the side monitors, as a sharper kink where the monitors join looks disturbing