Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe is not good idea for Aliens :) but for dummies (like me) in car setups.
    We have different mode like Novice, Amateur and Get Real for racing, but for Car setup its looks like we have only Expert mode.
    Of course we need to learn how to make setups, but maybe its possible to make 2 options. Amateur/Expert
    Expert its just what we have now
    Amateur:
    Instead Chamber/Toe e.t.c - Slider from Understeer to Oversteer
    Instead Gear setup - slider from More acceleration to Higher top Speed
    Instead Suspension setup - from Softer to Harder
    e.t.c

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    no arcade pls

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Would just like to add another vote for having a formation lap.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    What is arcade ? For me its no physic, tons of helpers for breaking, steering, accelerate e.t.c. But my idea is a litle help to car setup not to driving. You can be good racer, but bad mechanic and this not make from sim arcade. Not all of us is racing engeneers. And don't forget, we already have 2 aracde mode, but R3E still one of the best sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im always getting caught on track at the end of qually and often start races with only the minimum amount of fuel.
    If we are not having a pause\warm up session between qually and race in the forseable future how about a fill fuel for race check box in the setup options, so no matter what fuel is in the car at the end of qually the car will be filled and you will have enough for the race.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

- I know Raceroom is a Sim but sometimes i would like to drive with the third person camera. But for me the camera is too high. I would like to have a much lower cam and save that poistion for every car
    - Multiclass would be awesome. I wanna drive with 100 cars on the NOS for a VLN race

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Why does RaceRoom jump into the first car selction screen and doesn't remain in the selected class, if I want to change the car.
    For example I'm having some practice in Groupe 5 with Corvette and want to compair it to Zackspeed Capri, I first have to select Groupe 5 again before I can choose Capri?
    I change more within the class than between the classes.
    It isn't a big point but a bit annoying for car classes on the rearmost screens.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    After this would have been changed, some one will come and complain that if he wants to change the class, he now needs to back down to main selection with extra mouse click and it is annoying because he changes more classes than cars within the class :p

No, seriously, good suggestion and I get also slightly annoyed because of this so I'd welcome this gladly :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hey @The_Grunt, you first made me heavy breahting, good joke!!;)
    But let's wait and see.

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The ability to change steering\throttle\brake\clutch sensitivities in the car setup menu.
    I like the fast short pick up of 100% throttle sensitivity in some cars, say the group5, but in the gt3 i prefer a slightly less sensitive throttle around 35-45%, or a simple screen where i could set various settings by class and everytime that class is loaded settings auto change with it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    From the race games I have R3E has the most easy to access controller options menu, no need to quit the session/race or reassign buttons, just go to the options menu and change the controller profile on the fly.
    I have 3 profiles for 3 different types of shifter options, you can do the same for throttle sensitiviy ofcourse.

Auto-load would be cool though.

12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This is currently the only way to get around it but its a ballache, swapping, forgetting to swap, been through it before the last FFB updates, using different controller profiles is something i would prefer to not go back to.

13. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I wrote this to different thread, but maybe this is right topic for that:

I suggest ranking system based on simple points.
    When you are driving clear you are gaining some amount of points for example every 1Km on track. Then add points for finish position in race. On the other side, points will drop when you crash or leave track. (More for crash, less for leaving track). Game will also consider Average lap speed as it will cut drivers who will slowly crawl on track to gain points. Few more factors could be considered to make points more accurate and hard to "cheat" this ranking by some method.
    More factors = more accuracy.
    Of course it would not be 100% accurate, but it can help to see if driver is total noob or crasher or serious driver :)

Also good feature would be: more drivers on server = more skill points obtained for driving, finish position...
    It would motivate players to join servers where are more drivers joined, than just harvesting points on server where you are alone. (no points for 1 driver race :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    I think PM on portal Must-Have Feature;) Or add steam link...achievements...Need more features on portal.

Showroom o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  15. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy...i could write a book of wishes:rolleyes: and looking at the past i do not think that S3 will listen or read this list (no offence!).
    So i guess i just let time pass and hope that there will be one day i wake up...with a huge grin on my face from the great night *PEEP* with my love:D, opening the curtains were the sunshine beams its light onto my face. Going downstairs making a cup of coffee, starting the pad, looking at this forum and see that there is a 25GB service pack with all tracks i wanted, all cars i wanted, pitcrews, safetycars, flag system, full weather system, all liveries for every car just for free, complete mechanical damage model, full replay camera adjustment tool, freaking perfect FFB, a new AI based on quantum mechanics...i wake up from the alarm. My love besides me...there was no *PEEP*, it is six in the mornin...just another day at the office:oops:. I'll just be patient i guess;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Had this idea by myself and I never mean this offending.
    But let's think, there was this special morning and everything is like you've ever wanted it.
    What next? One or two months of happiness and satisfaction.
    Then? Boredom and blunting.
    No more wishes for improvement and new content. No discussion any more here in the forum. Only high five to everybody?
    Devs would run out of work and they had to start a new project. Again!
    I'd like to see it evolve. Each or every other month a fix, a new car or a track, a new feature, maybe a new engine some day and a lot of good talk in the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    right now, I would like the real rain to f'in stop, but hey I can enjoy a sunny day on the race track already ;)
    the devs surely have read most of this, but I also think that in the end they and we pretty much know what needs to be done (due to the obvious features from past titles).

Probably someone had the idea before, but would be kinda funny to "swap" drivers in multiplayer race, like you join as spectator and then take over the car in the pits, spectating you can sorta serve as spotter/real crew chief. You could send some "symbols" to the hud of the driver instead of just raw text in case you don't want to use audio and take care of the pit settings for the other driver.
    Although playing MP with CrewChief is a blast already

18. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    As for WTCC, could be Great to have two races, as well as points for qualifying sessions...
    More generally, visible tyre wear...

19. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Oooops, forgot to mention rainy conditions...

20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The ability to chat while in race monitor.
    Have replays marked as viewed if they have been.
    A list of drivers in the video, make choosing a vid easier if looking for a particular incident.
    Stay in the media hub when exiting a video.
    Fuel usage and lap time info in practice, sure i posted this before but hey ho!

• Agree Agree x 1