OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thats a Problem I mentioned in the "Community Support"-Section here in the Forum.
    The SteamVR-Window visible on your Main-Screen is in Foreground so that the Cursor appears on that window instead of in game.

Temporary Solution is to minimize (not close) that Window...

2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello m.bohlken, are you able to manage a solid 90fps with your oced 7700k?

3. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the Settings... with my current settings I have SuperSampling 2.0 (Value in Launch-Options) and higher graphicssettings and it isn't solid at 90fps. To be honest - I haven't checkt the FPS with my current settings as I have reduced them a bit, but I it feels that it is running on ASW very often.

4. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    OK, actually we don't realy know what are the graphics settings which have the most impact on the CPU (not the GPU)

5. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Again, Fanatec CSL-E issue. No way to make it work in the game when in VR mode.

I will boot my computer to check if it fixes the issue.

But R3E is the only game with this controller issue when in VR.

6. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    OK the problem is solved: I've installed the very latest drivers for Fanatec and now it's working... fingers crossed :)

7. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i am an OSW user (SimQuip) and with Oculus Rift VR, have noticed i can never get OSW real wheel i hold in my hands to match rotation of in game/ sim wheel? it is too much or too little...no matter what degree i setup and save in MMOS, have done 180 -> 900, tested every single one...but no match...is this a R3E specific problem? since this problem does not happen in iRacing nor Assetto Corsa.

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    long time I've changed anything in the steering-settings. But in the end you must just match the rotation-setting of the wheel in game with the rotation-setting in the driver.

Ingame you'll find the setting under "Vehicel-Settings" --> "Wheel Rotation". If you have for e.g. 540°in MMOS, set the 540° in that Setting.

9. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon: are there some VR optimisations scheduled?
    Because even if my PC it is not the best one I cannot get more than 45 fps with my Oculus Rift

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    We do have a small VR fix in our wip build that should make a small performance increase on weker CPU's.
    Raceroom is however taxing on the system in VR, and I always run R3E with asw enabled.

11. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yep, hopefully we have this ASW :)

12. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    i am having the most shitty experience with this game and oculus. The steam vr "gray background" keeps flashing every second or so in front of the game. The game also hangs for a few seconds (wheel gets stuck, mouse gets stuck, image gets stuck) and comes back to life. This stated happening after i first entered the vr launch setting in steam, and now happens both in and out of vr.

Aside from these issues (that makes it unplayable), the performance on "low" is not enough to even hit the minimum 45fps. The "F" and "C" oculus overlays (which indicate frame drops and timewarp drops) are constantly appearing. Keep in mind that this game on 1440P max settings runs upwards of 190fps on my system.

So far I give it a negative review.

13. OlivierMDVY

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Regarding your flashing gray background guess what?
    I had exactly the same behavior: I oced a little bit more my i7 860 @3.9ghz instead of the 'usual' 3.8ghz and this flashing gray background occured.
    Back to 3.8ghz, no more flashing gray background.

Don't know if the problem came from the oced CPU or the oced DDR? I had no issue with the other apps and games.

14. srcastor

srcastor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, i have some questions about

I have a 1080ti gpu and the max SS I can get is vr -2.0 (together with 1.5 at Oculus try tools ) , anyway i found this game more blurry than Asseto Corsa o Projects Cars , is that normal? Also i'm experimenting (regardless SS) a very very BAD tracking during loadings screens and garage / boxes menu , it's looks like 15fps or so

By other hand, anyway to get 3D audio? I don't get any kind of different sounds / levels whatever my head pointing , not implementet yet?

Thanks

15. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I'll look into that. Thanks

16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @srcastor and maybe @spyshagg
    The stuttering in the loading-screen is normal. Those are just running on 15FPS.
    I had the same problem with stuttering in the Garage-Menu I noticed a better result after disabeling "Activate Interleaved reprojection".
    So have you set the SteamVR-Settings the way mentioned in the opening-post?
    [​IMG]

17. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

There is some problem with the renderer. The steam vr gray background popping in front of the image was already mentioned. Some other times exactly 3/4 of the image on my right eye is obfuscated with a layer of darkness, which was maybe solved by switching the non-vr game resolution from 1440p to 1080p or vice-versa. The framerate is terrible, and its the only game which the degub tool complains about "C" (missed timewarp).

I dont have any such problems with Assetto or any other VR game.

18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Your Problems seems really big. It's a bit weird that I haven't noticed such big problems, but I agree that there seems something not 100% correct in R3E as the Performance-Drop while using VR compared to non-VR seems quite big.

Have you made any changes via NVidia-Inspector (if you are using a NVidia-card for sure)?
    Maybe try deleting the graphic_options.xml located in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData and than start with a new Graphics-Setting.

19. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Unplayable for me in VR.

FX8350 / RX480 8GB

Works nicely at medium settings in AC, iRacing and rf2.
    Terrible performance for me in VR on RRRE

20. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    1080FTW and i5-4690K here. I run everything on low with 2.0PPD setting and i still see ASW kick in (blurry gauges) if I use the oculus tool. If I turn the mirrors off, I can crank things up nicely but the mirrors seem to be taking an abnormally large amount of CPU even on the lowest setting. Compare this to AC and iRacing where I have everything maxed and run around a 1.5-1.7PPD.

Really hope there's some fix for this. This game is so amazing, but the VR performance is brutally bad right now.