Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've tried other drivers setups and they load fine..

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how, so pls confirm... do you just copy the setup file (ex. OtherSetup.json) into the car/track folder? Or do you have to give it a specific name (ex. Custom.json)? Tried putting one setup file in a car/track folder but in-game it just showed the 4 default setups (ie. Safe, Wet, Aggressive, and Custom).

EDIT: Got it, should be saved in the Documents/AC2 folder (thought first it was in the AC2/Content/Presets/Car/Track folder). Thanks.

EDIT2: Are you in VR? Think there's still no access to Load/Save in VR :(

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    This is a very nice 8 minute video about the key features of 0.2, namely the Bentley. Done without too much talking nonsense, but superb movie editing and narration done in a moderate, calm fashion, I enjoyed watching him very much. Thanks, Chris Hayes! Very high quality in this presentation. And again, I like the calm tone it is done in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    He is very good. One of my favorite YT'ers now. I just can't stand the screaming idiots and it's unfortunate because two of them play R3E religiously on their channel.

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I just looked up his video on 0.1, since Iiked his above video so much. Also good work by the man!

He almost made me opening a youtube account so that I could give him a thanks and headsup. Almost. Well. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    The Track is one thing.... but don't forget, this baby right here is also on the way.... :D

1489052515.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Somebody did two - now corrected - videos explaining, on grounds of feedback by Kunos, how the various ratins in AC function. Especially the second video, that explains the alter ratings that are not yet implemented, shed some light on it that exposed details I did not know so far.

It is quite a complex and progressive system, with the fifth variable, Racecraft, being dynamic and moving up and down, depending on your competence to successfully or unsuccessfully challenge another car, depending on its driver's Racecraft rating. Interestingly even AI drivers have racecraft ratings.

So far you need to drive the delivered challenges as well to unlock beyondthe fourth rating, which is a problem, since drivers like me simply do not care for these "challenges" at all, i did not drive a single one in AC1, and I have no intention to do so in ACC - I just don't care: from my point of view, these things could just get lost, and I would not even notice them being gone.

1-3:

4-6

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't used to stand Paul Ricard, even the old 80s one I thought was really dull, but it became one of my favourite tracks in Raceroom. Hoping Kunos can add some alternative layouts as only having a single one would be a bit of a waste.

Regarding racecraft, agreed that it's disappointing that it requires challenges to be completed; like you I would never do one of these and wouldn't notice if they were gone (actually I'd probably be happier for the cleaner UI).

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Their focus and license deal is on the Blancpain content for 2018 and 2019, so do not hold your breath for various track layouts. We will get the one that the series races in these seasons, and no other.

Regarding later DLCs post 2019, the yonly said they "examine their options", and no decisions whatever has been made so far. All power goes into Blancpain content '18 and '19 currently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bernie

Bernie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far, so so with it

12. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I keep my fingers crossed for Blancpain Asia, with the GT ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, getting exited 2 day before an update is a long time ago for me, tbh.

But now it is so. Cant wait to sit "in the car" (and i mean it like i wrote) and drive with the M6 over the Paul ricard track.

14. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Update still not possible in Germany :(

15. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    same here in UK , 18:30 maybe

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Version 0.3 EA is live. 1.7 GB. Main features are known: Paul Ricard, BMW6GT3, 3H + 6H endurance racing in SP, first implementation of basic multiplayer: with the weight on the word: "basic". ;) MP features by far are not completely in the game already.

17. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    something is wrong with the colors/ contrast, or is it just me?

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Turning of the driver names on top of the cars is not possible as well?

BTW: They really didnt fix the load/save problem for setups in VR?

20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

The sound is...wtf...amazing