G923 Steering Angle issues. The game dont change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have an Logitech G923 and unfortunatelly, the game dont change the steering angle and ffb automatically. I need to go to Logitech Panel and change it every time I change the car to force the correct steering angle, and maybe doing this the ffb is not the correct one. This is a bit annoying. Any advice to solve this? Thanks

2. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hi -another g923 owner:blush:
    long story:
    Problem - logitech g923 xbox version not working right | Sector3 Studios Forum
    and
    problem with my g923 xbox version in steam/raceroom : LogitechG (reddit.com)
    long story short:
    known issue and i already report to logitech and they know about it. still waiting for bug fix for this problem.
    you can send report about this problem in logitech website
    Logitech Support + Download
    or reddit
    Logitech | Wireless Mouse, Keyboards, Headsets & Video Conferencing (reddit.com)
    to make it higher priority for releasing new update with this bug fix

3. CrazyMasterBlaster

CrazyMasterBlaster New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've got the problem where you cannot adjust the slider in car set up. I think the game adjusts the rotation but its not possible to fine tune using the slider. Since I bought the 923 I'm a bit slower than I was using my old driving force. The steering does not feel so responsive imo and needs the angle slider to work.

4. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Theres a partial solution, that is changing the angles at the logitech panel every time you change the car, but you need also to create a profile for raceroom x64 from the logitech panel to make it work.

5. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But anyway, its incredible that after five years, Sector3Studios can not solve this annoying issue. All the other games change the angles automatically, without this feature is very unplayable. At least with the solution above I can play.

6. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Same problem sometimes in t300. I solve it by enabling reset ffb on the keyboard and it syncs

7. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, I have the T300 too and after ffb update I had this issue. I contact sector3studios and they say me that try updating the T300 firmware. It solve this problem. Now it have the correct angles without reset ffb.

8. CrazyMasterBlaster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

9. CrazyMasterBlaster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the tick in the box in Logitech to let the game adjust the settings? My rotation is ok but the the steering angle slider is locked.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    For Logitech wheels, it's a Logitech software issue and they (Logitech) are aware of it.

11. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I had read it before but, if all other games are using the same Logitech software and it works properly, why only Raceroom dont? Its a little weird. A thing that can be solved in 10 minutes take years.

12. Petty Andretti

Petty Andretti New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    When I first posted about this issue, GHub wasn’t even detecting Race Room every time I scanned for installed sims. It’s detected now and I always load the RR profile in GHub & lock it before launching RR. Steering angle is set in the GHub profile and I never go into the RR menu settings to check it. It works fine for me.
    I have the PS version of the G923

13. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you need to try something, change from one car from low angle like tattus and after a gt3 for example, if the angles and lock are the same in both, its wrong and the drive feeling an ffb dont go well. I mean, to solve this, every time I change from one car to another, I need to back to GHUB and change the angle to the number I see in the car garage. Only this way I can feel the right angles from each car

14. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm not experiencing what you are.
    I usually leave wheel at 360 in GHub
    GHub.jpg

I never race open wheel but tried the Tattus;

Tattus.jpg

Did a couple laps on Brno. FFB was fine and I felt nothing wrong with steering.

Went back to main screen without exited out of RR and loaded a GT3 BMW Z4:
    BMW Z4.jpg

Steering angle changed by default. Did a couple laps on same track. FFB & steering was fine for me.

Exited out of RR, restarted steam, loaded RR and went back to Brno with same Z4 and it felt no different.

There's no need for me to change anything in GHub once it's loaded. Only if I switch to a different sim like ACC or F1.

And I mentioned this in another thread; Unless I'm blind I don't see a Gaming Wheel section at the Logitech forums to raise this issue. Someone mentioned that a Logitech rep is answering questions on the Reddit forums.

15. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you lock your steering at 360 on GHUB all cars will have 360 degree angles, in garage you see 540 but are you sure the steering lock and angles give you 540? or always locks at 360? How you see the turning visuals on the cockpit? same as your turning angle?

16. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ^I don't use cockpit view. I use hood view to get more FPS.

17. totem

totem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehe ok, but this is a good mode to see if the angles are setup correctly with the real angle of each car, and of course, feeling where de wheel locks :) Anyway thanks for the detailed description

18. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    +1 owner )))
    ANGLE doesnt worked !!! XBOX version.
    Whatever I do, always 900 in RR, I guess its bug in Raceroom, I should set the angle by manualy in GHUB

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  19. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have little to no time for RR during the week but will try to test Cockpit view on the weekend. I am however skeptical that Logitech is indeed aware of this issue. Either that or there is no communication within their support department.
    I say that because I searched the Reddit boards for “RaceRoom” & Race Room” and found only one post that had nothing to do with this bug.
    I posted this issue as a concerned G923 owner and their reply seemed to be nothing more than a copy/paste answer:

9509C428-5940-463F-9F44-A42123F9DBC6.jpeg

20. Soy Una Oleaginosa

Soy Una Oleaginosa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try to create a specific profile for RaceRoom in G Hub, it fixed the auto rotation not working in my case. (I usually have the same profile for every game). Just put 900 degrees there and it will work upload_2021-8-13_0-40-14.png