App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, will take another look at that one. Although it's possible its been fixed during the big rework for version 3.

V3 should be working well for Raceroom. I'm waiting till s3 release the new stuff in the shared memory before I announce v3 for Raceroom - I want it to use all the new goodies straight away, and I could do with more testing time too. V3 is capable of using a lot of the stuff that's in the pipeline for Raceroom shared memory (like driver names, opponent pitting, opponent lap times etc). Obviously it doesn't yet because it's not available yet.

But if anyone wants to try v3 now, it should be a bit better than v2 with a few fixes and improvements, and it would really help me to get some testing feedback. Details are here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ernative-race-engineer-for-PC-users&p=1115015

• Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will give V3 a go, downloading now.

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Have gone through a 15 rounds Touring classics championship with V3.
    Haven't noticed any bugs so far, and think I only heard "good start mate" once. :)

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Great stuff, thanks for that. The app's still progressing and is now at version 3.4.1.

Looks like the Raceroom patch will arrive next week so I'll have a big (very big) update to do. This will (hopefully) include player names (for AI drivers and online players when I get a list of names) along with a new spotter who knows his left from his right, and a ton of other stuff. All depending on what makes it into the shared memory block of course

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    can't wait for this update :D

I've put R3E in standby a little bit, waiting for this (Dirt:Rally time until then ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Firstly mr_belowski, a huge thank you - this is really great (it should be a formal add on with a hefty % to your good self).

Second - I'm running Win 10 and just bought a lovely Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 surround headset especially for R3E and CrewChief. And it all works perfectly except...

...sometimes when I say "What's blah blah...?" Windows 10 is listening and thinks I'm talking to it and opens a webpage or a file for me! Now, when you are coming down the mountain at Bathurst its not what you need at all :eek:. Goodness me no - although I will say that when I unpaused and went back in I instantly lost control of the car - and the sound of it hitting the wall and rolling in 7.1 surround is something to behold :D (but I digress).

Anyway I know its not the fault of your program but I hoped you might know how I fix this... and apologies if its something simple - I'm a voice recognition noob :confused:.

Thanks in advance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried V3 yet, but can i assign buttons to the voice commands?
    I just made a button box and it would be really nice if i could talk to my engineer with that.

keep up the good work:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Well... just solved the problem (of voice activating windows apps and opening files) myself... ahem... I turned off voice recognition in Windows - genius!! CrewChief starts it up without Windows listening so all is good.:cool:

It was even more obvious than I thought... silly me. :rolleyes:

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great. Thanks for keeping your baby alive.

10. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    A small bug report...

I just did a race at Brands Hatch (WTCC 13, Get Real, AI=106) and on the third or fourth lap I did the fastest lap of the race and was duly congratulated by CrewChief. :)

Then... for the remainder of the race every time I crossed the start/finish line I was congratulated again, despite my lap being slower. Occasionally CrewChief commented on my lap being slower and then mentioned it was the fastest lap (again!).

This has never happened before (in about a dozen races) but I thought I'd just report it here.:cool:

Brilliant program though - love it and it works perfectly with voice recognition...

Can't wait for version 3 which may well fix this tiny bug...;)

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not heard that one... Was that with version 2.6.x? Version 3.5.2 is the current one. Its not officially been released for Raceroom but it should work. Give it a try :)

12. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Aha... it seems I am (make that was!) using 2.6.0...
    I missed the announcement of 3.5.2 - I searched the thread and have now found it.
    Downloading as we speak! :D
    Thanks again.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've not announced it yet - I want to incorporate the new stuff in the shared memory when the update is released.

3.5.2 has lots of new stuff and fixes over 2.6, but its been focused on pcars. When the Raceroom update is out I'll update it. I still recommend 3.5.2 for Raceroom tho

14. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just used v3.5.2 in R3E and all worked very well. :cool:
    Thanks.

15. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Do you have a link to 3.5.2

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  17. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
  18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys,

I've released 'officially' version 3 for RaceRoom. I've got a backlog of testing to get through so this might be a little early, but I think it's looking pretty good and I'm keen to get it 'out there' so you guys can see (well, hear) what I've been up to.

There are a few issues I still need to resolve but the main app appears to be running well.

There are very few RaceRoom player names in it at the moment. I'm hoping that you guys will give me your RaceRoom names so I can add them. Lots of the AI driver names are in - I tihnk I've got all the driver names for ADAC 2014, GTR3, GTR2, Aquilla, Silhouette, Prototype, M1 ProCar, DTM 2014, DTM 2015, DTM 92, Touring Classics, WTCC 2013, WTCC 2014 and maybe a few more.

So I suggest you start with one of those. The voice recognition knows the driver names, and there are voice files for each one. So if you ask "where's Loeb" in WTCC 2014 it should tell you. If you ask "who's in front", it should also be able to tell you that.

As usual, any feedback, give me a shout.

Oh, and I'm now maintaining a 'lo-fi' sound pack which is a bit more radio-like (see the link in the first post), for those missing Christian's walkie-talkie sounds

• Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    yeah !

Does that mean we now have a left/right spotter ? and a spotter that work even in practice ?

Can't wait to test it tonight !

Good work, as always!

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Indeed it does :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1