App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    link in the first post is dead :(

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Eeeee, for a web developer I can be pretty daft sometimes....

Thanks for the heads-up fella, the links are now all fixed

3. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    no pb ;)
    It's all good now, will be able to test this later :p

4. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    WOOOOOOOOOOO "your doing great"

Thank you for being there for me. On race day no matter what part of the world we are in, you are there. 2Am, you are there. Back of the pack, you are there. Side by side for first..... you are there crew chief. Without you id wreck a lot more and have no motivation to keep PUSHING. Thank you Chief Belowski.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm really keen to hear feedback on the new version - both good and bad - so please tell me what you think :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

Will do, testing now. Really excited for the new spotter, helps sooooooo much in those close battles. We have a league race Saturday, so ill give an update after the race!

Thanks,
    Chris

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It's wonderful as always mr_belowski. I like to run with the status bar off and since the DTM cars have new paint jobs, I never know who's in front of me. Thanks as always

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Spotted any bugs or weirdness dave? As you might have guessed, I'm a bit short on testing again...

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No bugs for me. I only use the spotter function though. I don't use the voice recognition. Love the car on the left/right function. Thanks for adding it in!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    No bugs for me too. Nice app!

11. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @mr_belowski for the new update.

The spotter is now telling you where the ghost car is when you're driving in leaderboard challenge. This can be a bit anoying :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Downloading and testing now... can't wait...

13. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did few Littles races, no bug to feedback at this time

Good work as always!

14. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Well... fantastic!

I asked who's behind, who's in front, who's leading and you let me know straight away with accuracy! :D

At one point you mentioned that my lap times were consistent and it got me thinking... I wonder if its technically possible to produce a csv log file at the end of each race showing my (and other's?) lap times.

S3 gives each drivers fastest lap in its log file (at C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\Results) but my biggest problem as a racer is consistency and I'd be very interested to track that and other stats. Love my stats! ;)

Anyway once you got me thinking about a log file my lap times dropped and at one point you told me to get my act together which made me laugh and end up in the gravel! :p

Another thing I liked - at one point you said "in the middle - three wide" - I got the same tremor of fear I used to get in Nascar 2003 when my spotter said that!

One small thing - which only happened once. I ran side by side with a car along the straight at Brands Hatch and you must have said 'car left' (and variations) 6-7 times in 5 seconds. It was a bit much - but it only happened once and I suspect he must have been right on the threshold - popping in and out.

Anyway brilliant job once again. Thank you.

I will keep testing later today.

Tested on R3E, DTM 13, AI=100, Brands Hatch

15. Mudman79

Mudman79 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Outstanding app! It's so immersive to drive without any HUD elements and have a crew chief give all important information. Since my second sim is iracing, driving without a spotter always felt wierd in RRRE. Not anymore. Big thank you mr-belowski. I sent you a little something, have a beer (and then go back to programming and make this sim even better ;) ).

• Like Like x 1
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i'll see what i can do about the spotter in the leaderboard challenge, but i might have to disable it when there are only 2 participants in a race (you and a ghost). Not a pretty solution as it won't work if you're racing only 1 other car. I'll have a think.

I found a biiiigggg bug tonight online. The opponent race position data is noisy :( so sometimes the opponent positions will bounce back and forward, with the game telling my app that the lead has changed when it hasn't. I think I've just made a work around for this so fingers crossed.

The spotter spamming 'car left' shouldn't happen - again, it's noisy data from the game, but I'll see if I can make it handle that better

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    good news fellas,

I've spent some quality time with the spotter and he's performing a *lot* better now. No spamming, and far far less of the 'ignoring cars that are obviously right bloody *there*' issues. The code's also a lot lighter.

Expect an update tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  18. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Great news - thanks.

Any thoughts, on... ahem... a csv log of the race... :blush:

I feel rather cheeky even asking cos I appreciate what a great program this is and how lucky we are to have it... and I realise if you bite then everyone might pile in with their idiosyncratic requests so I will understand if you simply ignore me!

19. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    App worked very well for me this evening.....nice work mate :cool: The only thing I noticed was as I went under the crossover at Suzuka on one occasion I got a spotter message presumably for a car passing overhead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sir

A possible bug for you...

Just did a race in Silhouette series (now free!:D) at Brands Hatch, set AI at 100 and started at P24 so I could charge through the field!

Aside from being enormously fun, I did about two or three fastest laps of 15 laps or so in the race - these were duly noted by my crew chief.

BUT even when the lap was slower it was called as a fastest lap - in fact on one lap I got BOTH a fastest lap message AND a message that my lap times were falling off. (I've mentioned this before and you kindly replied saying it may have been the fact that I was using an 'old' version - which I was - but 3.6.2 seems to do this as well as 2.6.0).

One minor thing - not all driver name queries were recognised but I suspect that's simply cos there's some new ones in there (maybe ???).

Otherwise... tested as many voice commands as I could think of and all worked nicely.:):):)

Tested on R3E, Silhouette, Get Real, AI=100, Brands Hatch, CrewChief v3.6.2