App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That might be down to having duplicate driver names in the race. I think there are only 20 different AI drivers for the frj, so if you add more there are duplicate names.

Crew Chief has to index the opponents by name cos the slot ID in the shared memory doesn't work. So duplicate names kinda screws things up

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh yes - that explains it - thanks - I think I ran with 21 or 22 cars. I'll stick to just 20 in future.

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Omg I just get the name belowski... It's an homage to the big lebowski.

Or maybe not. Lol.. That just suddenly came into my mind.

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    nooooo, it's (incorrectly spelled) Mr Balowski, the landlord from The Young Ones played by Alexi Sayle :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    oh :( ok..

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    don't be sad. The Young Ones was / still is completely awesome

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Yeah such a great comedy

8. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Use this app all the time, cracking job mate. Makes racing the AI fantastic :D!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mr B, I've been testing with correct number of cars and problem still occurs.:(

10. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I just want to say "thank you" for this great app. I downloaded it the other day and used it in a couple races yesterday - what a tremendous help! I gladly made my donation for this one :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This is a great little app, it really improves the experience of the game.

I seemed to suffer a bit of a problem during my session last night though - I decided to turn on the OSD in-game, so i could see my splits and laps etc. I noticed that the lap times given to me by the Crew Chief were not always correct, often I'd get told an out of date lap time.

A good example was when on the final lap of Quali in DTM 2015, session time had expired, but I was on a hot lap. When crossing the line, the game overlay correctly gave my lap time, which was enough for P3... The Crew Chief stated the previous lap and said "That's P11".
    I was in P3 for reference.
    I was driving Moscow in a DTM 2015 experience Championship.

I noticed multiple times that the laps I was being told, whether it be "The leader" or "The guy behind", weren't up to date as well - for example when I've recently set a PB, the reference points were not right.

I can't guarantee that this is a new issue, as I didn't always have the OSD overlays on in-game, but I'm pretty sure I haven't noticed incorrect info before last night.

Any ideas on what might have caused this?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  12. SMZ

SMZ New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    GREAT APP!

13. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Being an avid iracer and now starting to get more into r3e, a spotter has become something i've gotten used to. I love this app. I'll have to donate on payday. This makes safe driving in traffic a lot easier.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ive been using this lately and it's fantastic.

minor suggestion - replace the standard .net icon in the window frame with a radio headset or something. make me forget i'm using a .NET program - kinda gives it an unfinished feel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Actually i worded my post a bit unclearly. I don't specifically have anything against .NET (i've made some useful automation programs at work with it) (2nd parentheses note: also, ok i do have something against .NET when you have to update the framework with a program, but that's besides the point)

But yeah I was just saying it would look cooler with a custom icon, more professional, etc. Again no real beef with .NET :D or your awesome crew chief app :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    the push-to-pass data is in the shared memory (it might not be in the C# example on the R3E github site). My code uses this and it does work - see the R3E mapper code in my github repo.

Regarding the icon, my app does have an icon and does use it, but InstallShield is massively rubbish and it sometimes manages to ignore the icon when installing

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    glad you spotted it. They S3 guys really need to update that sample C# code :)

18. Edward Gonzales

Edward Gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This little app is awesome..thank you! :)

19. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely fantastic app! Thanks for making this.

Only problem I've noticed, maybe mentioned before, is that when I drive DTM 2015 in 2 race format I get correct info about time left in the first race, but in the second race when couple of minutes left chief tells me that there's 2 laps remaining but nothing about time and every time I have time left to do more than 2 laps. No biggie tho as I use dashmeterpro and I can see remainig time from there.

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    hmmm. That's weird. I wonder if the info in the shared memory goes a bit odd there.

I'll try and reproduce it this week - I'm cooking up a new version at the moment, so bug reports are particularly welcome :)

• Like Like x 1